THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Finally ready to finance a brand new M235i

06-01-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
itzzoscar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive GSM

Finally ready to finance a brand new M235i

Hi guys, I'm finally ready to purchase a M235i! I live in the NYC area and I'm looking for a RWD M235i. Right now all the dealers within 150miles of me are all XDrive models or convertibles. There is only one RWD and its pretty much base model. I've read on other threads about people getting their car shipped from other dealers and I would like to know more about it. I am also going to finance it with $0 down and have a pretty good credit score. The options I definitely want are the driver assistance and technology. I dont really mind what color the car exterior and interior are because I think the M235i looks nice in any of the colors available. Also if anyone from the NY/NJ areas can post their finance deals that would be great! Sorry this is my first thread so I would appreciate any advice to benefit my purchase. Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 10:11 PM   #2
Xiaoxi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a Miata

Why not factory order?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 10:14 PM   #3
itzzoscar
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi View Post
Why not factory order?
I would love to do a factory order but I need a daily driver soon since my current one is starting to crap out on me. If I had the time to wait for it that would have definitely been my choice.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 06:42 AM   #4
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

I just ordered a sport wagon from time of order to delivery was 5 weeks. You should be able to get your dealer to give you something to drive for a month.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 06:48 AM   #5
itzzoscar
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
I just ordered a sport wagon from time of order to delivery was 5 weeks. You should be able to get your dealer to give you something to drive for a month.
Thats actually pretty quick. I thought that it would take 2 months the least to actually get the car ordered. If I do a factory order would it still be a M235i or a M240i?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 07:05 AM   #6
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

If you dont want to wait for a custom order you have a couple of options available.

1. Buy the car from a dealer that has what you want and drive it back.

2. Have your dealer do a dealer trade with an equally comparable car with a dealer who does have one. Many times they will do that if they know that's the only way to get the sale done.

3. Or just contact a dealer who has it and have them ship the car to you. All paperwork can be handled by fax or mail

For either option you may or may not pay shipping, depending on what you negotiate and how badly they need to move that car. Shipping isn't expensive, especially if it is just a few hundred miles. I have done all of the above before and have also done a custom order.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 09:08 AM   #7
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzzoscar
Quote:
Thats actually pretty quick. I thought that it would take 2 months the least to actually get the car ordered. If I do a factory order would it still be a M235i or a M240i?
240 I believe. You need to call around dealers. I got lucky in that I closed deal on tues and they had a car they could still change that went into production literally the next day. I would have been better off had it been a bit delayed bc BMW VIP couldn't make custom changes for me since the car was already on the line. Your local person may even be able to trade build slots with another dealer who has one going in soon if it's not sold and is for stock.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 05:20 PM   #8
itzzoscar
Private
Rep

I found a 2016 M235i Black saphire metallic with oyster interior,tech package,driver assist, and run flats. I emailed the dealer about it and they would ship it to NY. They said that the website price was the sales price. Can anyone clarify what that means? Is that what they are selling it for or what the sticker was? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 05:29 PM   #9
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I found a 2016 M235i Black saphire metallic with oyster interior,tech package,driver assist, and run flats. I emailed the dealer about it and they would ship it to NY. They said that the website price was the sales price. Can anyone clarify what that means? Is that what they are selling it for or what the sticker was? Thanks in advance.
Really? Wow. Not trying to be a dick but honest advice - get someone you trust w experience to go over the paperwork with you. Based on your question I assume you don't have much experience buying cars. You should def be buying that car well under MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 05:50 PM   #10
itzzoscar
Private
Rep

Quote:
Really? Wow. Not trying to be a dick but honest advice - get someone you trust w experience to go over the paperwork with you. Based on your question I assume you don't have much experience buying cars. You should def be buying that car well under MSRP.
It's alright I appreciate all the advice I can get. I'm trying to get the car under 46k after taxes. This will be my first car purchase but I do have family members helping me out. Right now I'm just scouting cars that match what I want. I was just curious on what the sales person said when they said it was sales price.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 06:11 PM   #11
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's alright I appreciate all the advice I can get. I'm trying to get the car under 46k after taxes. This will be my first car purchase but I do have family members helping me out. Right now I'm just scouting cars that match what I want. I was just curious on what the sales person said when they said it was sales price.
Before taxes you should be able to get close to 10% off MSRP - that said incentives for June kind of suck based on what I've seen. July should have better programs. But if you want a very specific car you may not want to let one go for a $1k here or there, there are not going to be a ton of them floating around.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 08:36 PM   #12
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzzoscar View Post
Sales price is the price they are selling (trying to sell) at. Retail price is MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 10:34 PM   #13
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Why do people waste money financing cars as all you are doing finance a deprecating car. Why not buy a car you can pay cash for. These nothing wrong with old BMW's just carry a new iPhone 6s pro and you'll have the most update system.

Unless you are buying a home you'll need a loan, but anything else pay cash for. My life is so free as I know I own everything outright. American housing is so very cheap so everyone should have a home except Hawaii.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 06:56 PM   #14
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
American housing is so very cheap so everyone should have a home except Hawaii.
I live in the Bay Area and I beg to differ.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 07:31 PM   #15
Tpeterson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport/THP/MT/

Quote:
Why do people waste money financing cars as all you are doing finance a deprecating car. Why not buy a car you can pay cash for. These nothing wrong with old BMW's just carry a new iPhone 6s pro and you'll have the most update system.

Unless you are buying a home you'll need a loan, but anything else pay cash for. My life is so free as I know I own everything outright. American housing is so very cheap so everyone should have a home except Hawaii.
I agree with you, and have lived my financial life that way. But most citizens of the USA live pay check to pay check.We are also brainwashed by advertising to want the newest and shiniest of everything.To do this financing is mandatory. The latest survey I saw, found 2/3 of Americans with incomes of 50 to 100,000 USD couldn't come up with 1000 USD in an emergency. Sad state of affairs.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 12:50 PM   #16
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Lol I love how these threads turn into "Things you should've done with your money kids"

Financing deals are fairly straight forward. You have the sale price of the car (which targeting about 7% off MSRP, or $500 over invoice price is reasonable), the fees (most of which are standard, but dealers will always try and sneak something in on you so research what these should be before signing paperwork), and taxes.

That price, minus money down or trade in, + your interest rate gives you your payment.

You should check with your current bank regarding interest rates - BMW is currently charging 2.99% and my credit union charges less than half that for a 60 month loan. So financing through BMW FS may be easier, but will cost you quite a bit in the long run.

Also financing with zero down payment is less than ideal - you are going to constantly be underwater on your loan, so if you ever need to sell the car you'll have to cough up cash at a later date. That is problematic, especially when chances are if you need to sell the car you may be in worse financial shape than you are now.

You may be able to negotiate a more aggressive discount since the 2017 M240 will be released soon and that will mean dealers will want to get rid of their inventory quickly. However, since I'm in NY I can tell you I faced the same problem. Hardly anyone wants a RWD car. I got my 2016 vert at invoice since it was winter and RWD and no one was interest in it. But if you can't find a car you want locally you're at the mercy of dealer.
      06-07-2016, 06:37 PM   #17
itzzoscar
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
Lol I love how these threads turn into "Things you should've done with your money kids"

Financing deals are fairly straight forward. You have the sale price of the car (which targeting about 7% off MSRP, or $500 over invoice price is reasonable), the fees (most of which are standard, but dealers will always try and sneak something in on you so research what these should be before signing paperwork), and taxes.

That price, minus money down or trade in, + your interest rate gives you your payment.

You should check with your current bank regarding interest rates - BMW is currently charging 2.99% and my credit union charges less than half that for a 60 month loan. So financing through BMW FS may be easier, but will cost you quite a bit in the long run.

Also financing with zero down payment is less than ideal - you are going to constantly be underwater on your loan, so if you ever need to sell the car you'll have to cough up cash at a later date. That is problematic, especially when chances are if you need to sell the car you may be in worse financial shape than you are now.

You may be able to negotiate a more aggressive discount since the 2017 M240 will be released soon and that will mean dealers will want to get rid of their inventory quickly. However, since I'm in NY I can tell you I faced the same problem. Hardly anyone wants a RWD car. I got my 2016 vert at invoice since it was winter and RWD and no one was interest in it. But if you can't find a car you want locally you're at the mercy of dealer.
I went to the dealer today and negotiated on a M235i Xdrive since there was only 1 RWD with the packages i wanted. The MSRP was 53,420 with Tech package, Driver assist, Heated front seats, and harmon kardon. Negotiated to 47,800. I'm trying to get it a little bit lower but they won't budge. I might have to wait a while.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 09:11 PM   #18
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
I live in the Bay Area and I beg to differ.
You'll always have pockets of expensive housing and the Bay area would not be a place I would live. Their is not many places I would own a 2 series in Amercia due to the extrem weather you have. I would own a 2 convertible in the bay area with HEATED SEATS as the coast drive up north is fun as well the drive to the mountains.
      06-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #19
Lucky13
Lucky13
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30X

Quote:
You'll always have pockets of expensive housing and the Bay area would not be a place I would live. Their is not many places I would own a 2 series in Amercia due to the extrem weather you have. I would own a 2 convertible in the bay area with HEATED SEATS as the coast drive up north is fun as well the drive to the mountains.
Really extreme weather? I think we hit a low of 28 this year and no snow for 3 years. I have no clue as to what a 2 series has to do with living in 50% of the US that never sees snow. From California other than mountains across the southwest to the southeast we don't really see snow and if we do its 2-3 times a year and gone in a day.
1995 325i, 1996 328ci, 1997 528i, 1997 Z3 2.8, 2000 528i, 2001 X5 3.0, 2001 330i Convertible, 2002 M3 Convertible, 2003 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Coupe, 2004 Z4 3.0, 2004 X3 3.0, 2007 X3 3.0, 2007 335i Convertible, 2013 X1 28 sdrive, 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30i Xdrive
Appreciate 0