THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning ENZO Performance Support

05-12-2016, 10:59 PM   #23
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligament View Post
Well, my dealer had no problem getting the following code from my ECU:

"DME protection against tampering: program or data manipulation detected."

That of course does not specify I have an ECU flash tune, per se.

Keep in mind that if you take your car in for any sort of engine work, BMW mechanics will pull codes to figure out what the problem is. One of the codes they will see if you have had ANY ECU flash tune is the above. This is not a problem with Enzo specifically. It is inevitable if your ECU has been flashed by anybody.

That said, I'm very happy with my Enzo tune and catless downpipe as well as their level of support.
So what did they say this means?
dd1981 had his car checked before
Don't know. Never had any issue or dealer recognizing anything. They spotted my jb4 stacked and asked about it but they're mod friendly.

cryptocar and I looked at all parameters in my ENZO stage 2 flashed DME, and this has been discussed before, nothing came up. The car was in ready mode for emissions as well, so that proves the argument that the OBD port won't be in readiness mode. Not sure man, every car is different and encounters different issues.
      05-24-2016, 03:03 PM   #24
Info@EnzoPerformance
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 700R+

DME Protection may pop up when visiting a dealer. It doesn't happen all the time, random on some vehicles. We can always flash you back to stock if the dealer becomes a problem.

Luminous let's see some update vids

Cheers,
Chris
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 05:27 PM   #25
aorland1
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

I am new to the forum but have to give a shout out to ENZO Performance as well. They just installed a VRSF Catless DP for me and gave my M235i a tune as well. Sound and performance have been great and customer service is A+! I bug the hell out of them with questions and they are always prompt to respond.

On top of that I got a CEL the other day and contacted them frantically. They responded immediately and assured me they would help me through the situation.... Thankfully... It ended up just being my gas cap was loose.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2016, 08:16 PM   #26
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorland1 View Post
I am new to the forum but have to give a shout out to ENZO Performance as well. They just installed a VRSF Catless DP for me and gave my M235i a tune as well. Sound and performance have been great and customer service is A+! I bug the hell out of them with questions and they are always prompt to respond.

On top of that I got a CEL the other day and contacted them frantically. They responded immediately and assured me they would help me through the situation.... Thankfully... It ended up just being my gas cap was loose.
How did you figure it was gas cap?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 09:19 PM   #27
aorland1
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

So, I emailed them and they were just closing. They said that I would be able to speak directly to Enzo the next morning. This gave me overnight to think about it. I ended up Googling most common CEL causes and loose gas cap came up on several sites.... It made sense after that as I remembered the light came on minutes after I filled my tank. I secured my cap, drove around for a little while.... ended up going away, no problems since.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 07:34 AM   #28
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enzo F23 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligament View Post
Well, my dealer had no problem getting the following code from my ECU:

"DME protection against tampering: program or data manipulation detected."

That of course does not specify I have an ECU flash tune, per se.

Keep in mind that if you take your car in for any sort of engine work, BMW mechanics will pull codes to figure out what the problem is. One of the codes they will see if you have had ANY ECU flash tune is the above. This is not a problem with Enzo specifically. It is inevitable if your ECU has been flashed by anybody.

That said, I'm very happy with my Enzo tune and catless downpipe as well as their level of support.
I had the same issue last week, they flashed everything back to stock due to an update surrounding the TCU hesitation I've been experiencing.
Appreciate 0