THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning It Finally Happened

05-31-2016, 10:13 PM   #23
Deutsche-Broke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Why would it work fine for a long time and then start acting weird? Sounds to me like a sensor has flaked out or there's an intake leak somewhere. I highly doubt the intake is the source of the issue unless it's causing a leak or it runs an oiled filter which as gummed up the MAF sensor.
This makes sense as an oiled filter would probably, eventually foul the MAF and cause the ECU to change settings gradually until it finally crosses a "threshold" and throw a code.

Just a guess......
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 06:41 PM   #24
usabia
sillyphuck
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 M235i  [7.00]
I had a BMS intake on mine as well, I ran it for about 1k miles and changed it for the Dinan CAI.

On the M235i I just didn't like the noise, it was a little too much turbo whine for my tastes. And it seemed to use a hell of allot more gas than the stock. Also, I didn't like the way the MAF sat in the channel on this intake either. It seemed like it wasn't far enough "in" to sense the right amount of air coming through the intake tube, hence why IMO I felt it was running rich.

Ive owned several BMS intakes of the years too, I never had any bogging or stalling issues though. I live In Arizona however. Is it really cold where you live? Maybe its that? Dunno just a thought.
Appreciate 0