THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Did you hear about the guy who who modded his leased BMW and then tried to trade it f

09-13-2016, 09:53 PM   #1
BarryJI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i M Sport

Did you hear about the guy who who modded his leased BMW and then tried to trade it f

This is what the chuckleheads at the dealership might say, if they don't think you're listening: http://jalo.ps/SRW4N15

2015 BMW 228i M Sport w/Track Handling Package
DAP | Lighting | Premium | Tech
DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 | DINAN Shockware | DINAN Free Flow Exhaust | DINAN Performance Spring Set + Ride Quality and Handling Kit
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 11:06 PM   #2
kadify
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428i xDrive GC

Maybe I'm mistaken but either that is an M3/4 hood on a non-M3/4 OR he is trying to trade in an M3/4 for an RS. If that is an M3/4 then my question is why... trade it in for a POS ford? And if it isn't an M3/4 then he also upgraded the hood on a leased car xD
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 11:47 PM   #3
BarryJI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadify View Post
Maybe I'm mistaken but either that is an M3/4 hood on a non-M3/4 OR he is trying to trade in an M3/4 for an RS. If that is an M3/4 then my question is why... trade it in for a POS ford? And if it isn't an M3/4 then he also upgraded the hood on a leased car xD
I've been guilty of modding leases too, and feeling a bit foolish but a lot of people see the concept of "ownership" as purely theoretical; buy or lease, you have a car, you make monthly payments...and wouldn't that exhaust sound good...?

The RS, well, there's not been as well reviewed a car all year except for the M2 and RSes are going for silly amounts of money over MSRP. Again, I think it's about impulse control; can I really resist something this shiny when I want it this much?

I'm glad I bought my 228i; unlike the M235i, if you want it to behave like a real performance car, you probably have to tune it and mod the suspension and I would have felt a little silly to have done all that to a lease.

2015 BMW 228i M Sport w/Track Handling Package
DAP | Lighting | Premium | Tech
DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 | DINAN Shockware | DINAN Free Flow Exhaust | DINAN Performance Spring Set + Ride Quality and Handling Kit
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 02:00 AM   #4
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
It's definitely a 2 series hood and that certainly sounds like a manual M235 with an exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 06:40 AM   #5
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

Quote:
The salesman said “He looks like a guy that has daddy’s money, just knows everything about cars, and can get whatever the fuck he wants. I could be completely wrong.” So he's probably a younger guy buying into the hype of the RS like every other boy-racer. Same crowd who praises STi's/Evo's.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 08:05 AM   #6
chattanooga240
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
So he's probably a younger guy buying into the hype of the RS like every other boy-racer. Same crowd who praises STi's/Evo's.
Hype is something that is not real, as far as AWD race cars are concerned, the Evo and RS are almost impossible to beat in their segment.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2016, 10:15 AM   #7
kadify
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428i xDrive GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet
Quote:
It's definitely a 2 series hood and that certainly sounds like a manual M235 with an exhaust.
Are you sure? It looks like it has the M power dome.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 05:01 PM   #8
LDSM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadify
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet
Quote:
Are you sure? It looks like it has the M power dome.
Youre right that's an m3/m4. I sit in a white m235 everyday and the hood doesn't look like that from any angle.
Appreciate 0