THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Ordered '21 M240ix - no production # yet?

11-28-2020, 09:33 PM   #89
R9T
Rep
Drives: 230 convertible

Placed a deposit on a M240 convertible order nearly 5 weeks ago. Today the dealer said there's no allocation for our car yet, and zero are allocated anywhere in the U.S. Not clear if this means 2- series overall, or M240 variants, convertible, etc. Dealer said we can wait but no guarantees it'll ever be built -- although it remains a viable build on BMW's website (for whatever it's worth). Can appreciate the delays under the circumstances, but disappointing when this is the last year for the convertible, let alone a manual-trans convertible. Seems like BMW should take orders until they won't commit a build then stop taking orders.

Anyone else place a recent order that did receive a production allocation?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 08:39 AM   #90
amutti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 Convertible M240i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9T View Post
Placed a deposit on a M240 convertible order nearly 5 weeks ago. Today the dealer said there's no allocation for our car yet, and zero are allocated anywhere in the U.S. Not clear if this means 2- series overall, or M240 variants, convertible, etc. Dealer said we can wait but no guarantees it'll ever be built -- although it remains a viable build on BMW's website (for whatever it's worth). Can appreciate the delays under the circumstances, but disappointing when this is the last year for the convertible, let alone a manual-trans convertible. Seems like BMW should take orders until they won't commit a build then stop taking orders.

I had a similar situation. Of course I ordered earlier in the year ( late August). I'm not sure how they got the allocation, but they said they had to negotiate with a higher volume dealer... good luck.

BTW, the 2020 4 series convertible is a viable build until just a few weeks ago even though the factory had been re-tooled in early summer. So that's not a good indicator.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 02:54 PM   #91
eclex
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240xi convertible

I am another orderer from September, looking to buy a 230ix convertible. Dealer (Loveland Colorado) never could get an allocation. Same story...Leipzig factory not full production.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 01:45 PM   #92
Rick.Null
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 2 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVito View Post
FWIW, we live in FL and when the torrential rainfall and severe thunderstorms hit the all wheel drive will be nice to have.
Perhaps minimally. More/most benefit would accrue by taking the cost of XDrive and upgrading the hard compound OEM tires to some best in class rubber, and of course, staying below hydroplaning speeds (roughly the square root of the tire pressure x 10).
Oh gawd, you are still railing against the AWD. I love it
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 11:14 PM   #93
shaam
Registered
Rep
Drives: m240

My supervisor at the dealership told me 6-8 weeks for delivery, im now on week 12. The car has been produced, so that's a plus, but its been sitting at the port in germany for nearly 3 weeks now. Is it wishful thinking to hope i get this car in January? or am I looking at a delivery in feburary? Just so excited, but the wait is making me question my purchase! feeling frustrated!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 08:44 AM   #94
morphomeman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235ix

Garage List
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M235ix  [0.00]
Germany just got shut down pretty tight. I have no idea how that affects car production and shipment, but it must have some spillover. I doubt that anyone has any recourse or even much information, given the uncertainly of everything in the world today.
They have not, however, shut down production entirely and ended the run, which at least provides a glimmer of hope.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 10:38 AM   #95
Dubsilk
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9T View Post

Similar boat here. I wanted a car around March ‘21 and started looking into ordering. These allocation stories are scaring me. I am debating pulling the trigger on something that has everything I want and a few annoying add ons ($3k) that I can live with versus playing allocation roulette at this point.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Dubsilk; 12-20-2020 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 10:56 AM   #96
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubsilk View Post
Similar boat here. I wanted a car around March and started looking into ordering. These allocation stories are scaring me. I am debating pulling the trigger on something that has everything I want and a few annoying add ons ($3k) that I can live with versus playing allocation roulette at this point.

Any thoughts?
"A bird in the hand...."
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 02:52 PM   #97
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubsilk View Post
Similar boat here. I wanted a car around March ‘21 and started looking into ordering. These allocation stories are scaring me. I am debating pulling the trigger on something that has everything I want and a few annoying add ons ($3k) that I can live with versus playing allocation roulette at this point.

Any thoughts?
That's what I chose to do. I think that's a common response when the allocation process isn't aligned with your needs. I gave up exterior color and non-leather chairs to get RWD, MT, and no sunroof. That was pretty much a no-brainer.
Appreciate 1
Dubsilk13.00
      12-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #98
amutti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 Convertible M240i Xdrive

And it's In Transit! Estimated to be at port in NJ by 1/7... only a few more weeks!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 04:54 PM   #99
jzeiler4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i xDrive vert

That is good news given the lockdown.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 10:30 PM   #100
Dubsilk
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
That's what I chose to do. I think that's a common response when the allocation process isn't aligned with your needs. I gave up exterior color and non-leather chairs to get RWD, MT, and no sunroof. That was pretty much a no-brainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
"A bird in the hand...."
I told him that it is a go. Let’s see if he can land the plane. Already got a sweat offer from Carvana for my current car. Santa needs to come through.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 12:18 PM   #101
morphomeman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235ix

Garage List
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M235ix  [0.00]
I have been wondering about Carvana's buying program. Had you checked other sites beforehand? Was their offer much higher?
Not that I would even think of selling my little blue darling!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2020, 06:30 PM   #102
Dubsilk
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphomeman View Post
I have been wondering about Carvana's buying program. Had you checked other sites beforehand? Was their offer much higher?
Not that I would even think of selling my little blue darling!
The dealership sent an unsolicited offer in the mailmfor my vehicle. The carvana offer was $4k higher. I tried vroom but it was lower as well.

Update on the vehicle that I went after. The dealer wouldn’t give up the car to my dealership. They said they had people to whom they wanted to show the car. My dealer told him that it was as good as sold if they could work something out.

No dice.
Appreciate 0