THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Looking at 230ix convertible..

03-10-2017, 08:55 AM   #67
wdc330i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M440xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
I'm good with waiting... I'd rather have a car that wasn't "Test driven" because I've seen how some people drive these cars.. Plus with an order, I have the option to take delivery at the Performance Center and get some drive time...

It's just like most things. When we want something, we want it yesterday... And what's really funny is that I was going to wait till the fall when the 2018 Mustang GT came out to see if I wanted it for the 230... I decided MPG was more important than the fun factor.

BTW, I went for another test drive with the dealer today. When I complained about the turbo lag, he just threw it in Sport + mode and said have a go at it now.. The car became completely different because it was holding rpms. The turbo lag was mostly gone and it just made the ride more fun. I did notice it guzzled more fuel, but I have a funny feeling that on the weekends, I'll be driving in Sport + mode everywhere!
I always order my cars, but my M240 convertible came from the dealer. Exactly the options I would have ordered, only 7 miles on the clock (it had just arrived and been prepped.) Wait time? 2 days.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 09:01 AM   #68
msej449
msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayscott View Post
I have the body colored mirrors but I really like your CF's. How do they attach to your mirrors. Get ready for lots of compliments with the color combo. The Estoril looks stunning in the sun. I have the Msport package and got the orbit grey wheels.
The CF are full replacements, all-CF, with varnish that doesn't yellow. So the original greys are boxed-up in the garage in case of any problems. I think that black would work just as well, it's just I planned to go CF trim but decided against in the end as I like the High Gloss Black as it is. See https://autoid.uk.com/

AutoID have a useful video on how to replace them at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuAbyb2RvTo It took me about 20 mins for the first and 5 for the second, once I got confident (I'd just suggest you wind-down the windows, so you can perch the mirror on it, rather than let it dangle by the power leads).

And thanks, I think this photo renders the EB much better.

Last edited by msej449; 03-10-2017 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 10:46 AM   #69
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

Quote:
Congratulations, good color choice. Where are you from in Md. I grew up in Hampden.
I'm up in Cecil Co now. I grew up in Cockeysville, off of I-83. All I know is that I need to move back to Hazard Co or Balto.. Ceciltucky living is nice, but it's too far from work.
      03-10-2017, 05:53 PM   #70
accendo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 ///M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
I always order my cars, but my M240 convertible came from the dealer. Exactly the options I would have ordered, only 7 miles on the clock (it had just arrived and been prepped.) Wait time? 2 days.
Same. My rule with new cars has always been for it to be exactly what I want or not at all. My fourth ordered BMW should arrive next week!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 08:09 AM   #71
Rayscott
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 228ix

Quote:
I'm up in Cecil Co now. I grew up in Cockeysville, off of I-83. All I know is that I need to move back to Hazard Co or Balto.. Ceciltucky living is nice, but it's too far from work.
I know those areas well. I worked for W.L. Gore in Newark and Cecil County. I live in Lewes, DE now and Im in Naples Fl. until mid April. Looks like heavy snow headed your way.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 08:34 AM   #72
crabu2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I know those areas well. I worked for W.L. Gore in Newark and Cecil County. I live in Lewes, DE now and Im in Naples Fl. until mid April. Looks like heavy snow headed your way.
I haven't checked the weather, but that's what I'm hearing.. lots of snow. It's times like that which is making the get the Xdrive. Although I like the enjoyment of RWD car, I'd rather be able to just get up and go, if and when it snows.
      03-11-2017, 08:48 AM   #73
Rayscott
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
You can buck up for the OEM M Performance ones or STF there are a variety of aftermarket Asian options on eBay - not sure on quality some I am sure are better than others. Just find a set that folks seem happy with.

Other option is get plain black from someplace like IND.
I checked OEM mirrors from BMW. They don't offer them for the 228ix.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #74
Rayscott
Major
Rep

Quote:
I haven't checked the weather, but that's what I'm hearing.. lots of snow. It's times like that which is making the get the Xdrive. Although I like the enjoyment of RWD car, I'd rather be able to just get up and go, if and when it snows.
That's why I own an X3. No snow for the 228ix even with xdrive. Be safe if it comes.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #75
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Quote:
You can buck up for the OEM M Performance ones or STF there are a variety of aftermarket Asian options on eBay - not sure on quality some I am sure are better than others. Just find a set that folks seem happy with.

Other option is get plain black from someplace like IND.
I checked OEM mirrors from BMW. They don't offer them for the 228ix.
I'm fairly positive they are identical. Call Brian in parts at Sun BMW and ask him. I sold my OEM ferric grey mirror covers to an228 guy and they worked fine. Mirrors should be the same 228/30 235/40 even the 3/4 series use the same exact thing.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 09:19 AM   #76
hundy
p
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 Cabriolet

Quote:
Small world. I grew up in Timonium, MD. Dulaney 1969. Now live in Kingsville, NE Balto Co. Nothing much in Cecil Co, except for Ballpark restaurant. LOL. M235 cab will stay in garage, and F150 will see the snow. Love the M235 RWD. A lot faster than my 1951 MGTD!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 09:26 AM   #77
crabu2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundy View Post
Small world. I grew up in Timonium, MD. Dulaney 1969. Now live in Kingsville, NE Balto Co. Nothing much in Cecil Co, except for Ballpark restaurant. LOL. M235 cab will stay in garage, and F150 will see the snow. Love the M235 RWD. A lot faster than my 1951 MGTD!

My plan is to have the 230ix take over the Camry's DD duties. When I know it's going to snow, I do take my pickup.. But the weatherman can't seem to call anything accurate these days and I hate the idea of driving back with a RWD car. Years ago, when I had my Mustang GT and it was the only car I had, I had to drive around all winter with cement bags in the back for traction. No way am I doing that again... thought it worked like a charm.
      03-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #78
hundy
p
Rep

Quote:
I'm jealous. I'll have to weather the snow while you are in Naples and my son is at Amelia Island today. However, retirement will force me to be just over the Delaware lime in north Ocean City full time once it gets warmer. If you are a golfer, see my buddy Brett at Ruddo's Golf in Rehobeth.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 09:31 AM   #79
hundy
p
Rep

Quote:
My plan is to have the 230ix take over the Camry's DD duties. When I know it's going to snow, I do take my pickup.. But the weatherman can't seem to call anything accurate these days and I hate the idea of driving back with a RWD car. Years ago, when I had my Mustang GT and it was the only car I had, I had to drive around all winter with cement bags in the back for traction. No way am I doing that again... thought it worked like a charm.
MW and Black is what I have, and looks real sharp. Make sure you pull the rear headrests. They really obstruct vision when the top is up. Only put someone in rear seats if they are very small or you hate them.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 04:07 PM   #80
crabu2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Only put someone in rear seats if they are very small or you hate them.
      03-12-2017, 10:15 AM   #81
Rayscott
Major
Rep

Quote:
I'm jealous. I'll have to weather the snow while you are in Naples and my son is at Amelia Island today. However, retirement will force me to be just over the Delaware lime in north Ocean City full time once it gets warmer. If you are a golfer, see my buddy Brett at Ruddo's Golf in Rehobeth.
Thanks, I used to golf but do more cycling now. I know hot to ride a bike. Golfing for me is frustrating. We have a Ruddos in Lewes as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 10:17 AM   #82
Rayscott
Major
Rep

Quote:
Congrats, yeah rear seats are ok for smaller adults for a short trip and fine for the grandkids. I removed my rear headrests too. Hard to see when top is up and it looks cleaner.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 08:43 AM   #83
Rayscott
Major
Rep

Quote:
I'm fairly positive they are identical. Call Brian in parts at Sun BMW and ask him. I sold my OEM ferric grey mirror covers to an228 guy and they worked fine. Mirrors should be the same 228/30 235/40 even the 3/4 series use the same exact thing.
Thank you. I got their contact info.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #84
wdc330i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabu2 View Post
I done did it! I ordered this evening..

230ix Convertible in Mineral White Metallic w/ black top
Interior - black (I saw a few 4 series they had on the lot and the color combo looked really good)
Light Package
Premium Package
Nav
Cold Weather package
Driver Assist
Driver Assist Plus

With my Fleet discount, the price ended up at $43,481 + $299 doc, + taxes and tags. MSRP was $50,455

I hope I made out ok on the pricing.. and I hope they come out with some factory promos or a BMW ride event for a coupon before my car gets here...
I forget, were you looking for a stick? If not, this one is pretty close to your spec (if you like red seats). Dealer has quite a few convertibles in stock. http://www.bmwofsilverspring.com/new...c870013740.htm
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #85
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I done did it! I ordered this evening..

230ix Convertible in Mineral White Metallic w/ black top
Interior - black (I saw a few 4 series they had on the lot and the color combo looked really good)
Light Package
Premium Package
Nav
Cold Weather package
Driver Assist
Driver Assist Plus

With my Fleet discount, the price ended up at $43,481 + $299 doc, + taxes and tags. MSRP was $50,455

I hope I made out ok on the pricing.. and I hope they come out with some factory promos or a BMW ride event for a coupon before my car gets here...
I forget, were you looking for a stick? If not, this one is pretty close to your spec (if you like red seats). Dealer has quite a few convertibles in stock. http://www.bmwofsilverspring.com/new...c870013740.htm
Silver spring is REALLY looking to move cars some god deals to be had there. They call me every other day.

If you can deal with a 2016 leftover they have like 5 last I looked and are begging people to take those for big discounts.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 12:51 PM   #86
wdc330i
Lieutenant
Rep

BMW of Alexandria seems to have a ton of them, too.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 05:39 PM   #87
crabu2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, but I want Xdrive so no stick.. Silver Spring is my dealer and they're only 5 mins from my office... and I've driven the white with the red interior.. I really hate that interior.

Quote:
Silver spring is REALLY looking to move cars some god deals to be had there. They call me every other day.

If you can deal with a 2016 leftover they have like 5 last I looked and are begging people to take those for big discounts.
They've got a blue M235 vert with xdrive. I sat in it but it had close to 400 miles... I was tempted to ask for a price on it, but I've never bought a "New" car with more than 28 miles on it. I can only imagine how someone might have test driven that thing, being an M. Oh there was one other thing about it. When I was sitting in it, I asked their Genius if it had a heated steering wheel and he said no.. This might sound crazy, but a heated steering wheel is a must have for me. I always thought it was a bogus option, but it came standard on my pickup... And of all the options I got on it, the heated steering wheel is my fav!
      03-14-2017, 06:01 PM   #88
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, but I want Xdrive so no stick.. Silver Spring is my dealer and they're only 5 mins from my office... and I've driven the white with the red interior.. I really hate that interior.

Quote:

They've got a blue M235 vert with xdrive. I sat in it but it had close to 400 miles... I was tempted to ask for a price on it, but I've never bought a "New" car with more than 28 miles on it. I can only imagine how someone might have test driven that thing, being an M. Oh there was one other thing about it. When I was sitting in it, I asked their Genius if it had a heated steering wheel and he said no.. This might sound crazy, but a heated steering wheel is a must have for me. I always thought it was a bogus option, but it came standard on my pickup... And of all the options I got on it, the heated steering wheel is my fav!
Double check on the wheel if it's cold weather it has it maybe the guy fucked up. Button is on left of shearing column.

Seriously they told me name your price multiple times. Think they're up against it to move volume before end of quarter.
Appreciate 0