THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum M240i (and 230i) officially up on the BMW NA website!

08-01-2016, 11:29 AM   #89
LENELSA
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Audi A6 3.0 /BMW M240i

I just noticed this morning that Apple Carplay is a $300 option .
This was not there yesterday.

: (
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #90
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono2112 View Post
You can always opt for the coilovers. Bilstein even makes one that plugs into the adjustable suspension.
Which Bilstein coilovers utilize OEM adjustability ?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 12:25 PM   #91
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LENELSA View Post
I just noticed this morning that Apple Carplay is a $300 option .
This was not there yesterday.

: (
It's actually more because to have Apple CarPlay, you also have to upgrade to navigation so it's over $2k to have it
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 02:00 PM   #92
Blue2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i

I've had two dealers tell me they won't go below MSRP because they have limited M240i allocations.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 02:38 PM   #93
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnell B58 View Post
I've had two dealers tell me they won't go below MSRP because they have limited M240i allocations.
Wow that's a load of crap lol. Sorry, don't mean to laugh at the situation, but that's a crappy excuse in my opinion. Did you go in or did you call?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #94
Blue2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
Wow that's a load of crap lol. Sorry, don't mean to laugh at the situation, but that's a crappy excuse in my opinion. Did you go in or did you call?
I called and then told them "no thanks." I won't even waste my time visiting a dealership like that.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 08:05 PM   #95
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnell B58 View Post
I called and then told them "no thanks." I won't even waste my time visiting a dealership like that.
Good because I don't think anyone else is having that issue that I've heard of, specially over here for the military sales in Germany. The guy I'm working with at the dealer told me he's had about 4 or 5 orders and they're all below msrp.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 08:19 PM   #96
uberspeed
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
I believe it's the DampTronic series. http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/e...in-damptronic/
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #97
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberspeed View Post
I believe it's the DampTronic series. http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/e...in-damptronic/
I am pretty sure they don't make them for 2-series
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 06:18 AM   #98
Jono2112
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k
Quote:
You can always opt for the coilovers. Bilstein even makes one that plugs into the adjustable suspension.
Sorry, that may be KW. It was in an add in the Roundel issue that the debuted the M2. It looked like a regular coil over set, but had a plug and wire for adjusting the valving remotely.
Here is s link to KWs set. It's very expensive.

http://blog-int.kwautomotive.net/ada...lay-coilovers/

I've heard Bilstein was making a kit, but I haven't found it.

I love the factory M235i set up, the adjustments are tuned well for my driving with comfort being just a little more sporty than say an old Mercedes S class, and sport plus feeling like my old '83 944 after I upgraded to aluminum A-arms, polyurethane bushings, Bilsteins up front and Konis in the back. Sport is what I use most of the time and it's nicely in between.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 07:00 AM   #99
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, that may be KW. It was in an add in the Roundel issue that the debuted the M2. It looked like a regular coil over set, but had a plug and wire for adjusting the valving remotely.

I love the factory M235i set up, the adjustments are tuned well for my driving with comfort being just a little more sporty than say an old Mercedes S class, and sport plus feeling like my old '83 944 after I upgraded to aluminum A-arms, polyurethane bushings, Bilsteins up front and Konis in the back. Sport is what I use most of the time and it's nicely in between.
I don't think KW kit uses stock ED ECU and it's switching. It has its own ECU and switching is done via app or 3 buttons that you have to mount on dash

I would be interested in 100% plug and play system that does use comfort/sport/sport+ switch
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 08:51 AM   #100
Jono2112
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I don't think KW kit uses stock ED ECU and it's switching. It has its own ECU and switching is done via app or 3 buttons that you have to mount on dash

I would be interested in 100% plug and play system that does use comfort/sport/sport+ switch
I agree, why pay $4,000.00 unless it's plug and play? The link I posted claims it's plug and play and controlled through the factory system and console switch. From what I've read they make a plug and play, but they also make a non adjustable version where you have to code out the factory controller or the car will think the suspension dampers have failed and put you in limp mode. If you use the non adjustables then you are set permanently to whatever you've set the KWs to. I like being able to adjust things with a push of the button, and I like that it also adjusts the engine throttle and automatic transmission. In comfort mode the car does not respond at all to the throttle. It's like sticking your foot in mud. In sport it adjusts to the throttle quickly and the transmission is perfect at selecting the right gear. It makes you think it's looking at the road and selecting gears like I would with a manual trans. I find sport plus a little touchy, but it does say, "+"! I also like that it doesn't let you adjust each of these like on the M3 and M4 where you can mix and match. I'm glad they just picked the best three overall settings. I don't count eco pro because it makes it drive like a Prius but you only get 33mpg rather than 32. Not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 09:15 AM   #101
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I agree, why pay $4,000.00 unless it's plug and play? The link I posted claims it's plug and play and controlled through the factory system and console switch. From what I've read they make a plug and play, but they also make a non adjustable version where you have to code out the factory controller or the car will think the suspension dampers have failed and put you in limp mode. If you use the non adjustables then you are set permanently to whatever you've set the KWs to. I like being able to adjust things with a push of the button, and I like that it also adjusts the engine throttle and automatic transmission. In comfort mode the car does not respond at all to the throttle. It's like sticking your foot in mud. In sport it adjusts to the throttle quickly and the transmission is perfect at selecting the right gear. It makes you think it's looking at the road and selecting gears like I would with a manual trans. I find sport plus a little touchy, but it does say, "+"! I also like that it doesn't let you adjust each of these like on the M3 and M4 where you can mix and match. I'm glad they just picked the best three overall settings. I don't count eco pro because it makes it drive like a Prius but you only get 33mpg rather than 32. Not worth it.
Yeah I see now, I think you are right. They seem to have 100% plug and play as well. I was looking on smart phone and overlooked it. $2750 shipped maybe not that bad after all if Sport mode beats M2 in handling and comfort

http://www.bimmerworld.com/KW-Coilov...-with-EDC.html

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 08-02-2016 at 09:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 01:53 PM   #102
Jono2112
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I see now, I think you are right. They seem to have 100% plug and play as well. I was looking on smart phone and overlooked it. $2750 shipped maybe not that bad after all if Sport mode beats M2 in handling and comfort

http://www.bimmerworld.com/KW-Coilov...-with-EDC.html
I would really like to hear what people who've put them on an M235i think. It's KW so I expect a good product, but ride comfort, performance, height, etc is such a personal and application specific thing. It's worse than finding a mattress you like. Kind of Princess and the Pea meets Goldilocks! I would guess it would work well for the track star that has to daily drive it too, or at least drive it to the track. If you hear any testimonials, please post them.
Appreciate 0