THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Test drove the M2.

04-05-2017, 07:59 PM   #89
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
http://www.centurywestbmw.com/new/BM...5853da5831.htm

Whelp... I guess there are some people that really think it's worth twice as much as a M240i.
lol, I've been arguing with some Lexus guys....they think if dealers list ISF for 50-60k thats the real selling price, but in fact those never get sold, not sure what the deal is....maybe to find some fool with money?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 09:08 PM   #90
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
http://www.centurywestbmw.com/new/BM...5853da5831.htm

Whelp... I guess there are some people that really think it's worth twice as much as a M240i.
Century West BMW has a bunch of unicorns. They've got every color of the rainbow for all the individual color M cars going for over $100k. They have F30 wagons for almost as much. It's nuts!

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 09:13 PM   #91
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
m2's are cars you simply do not lease.

Roughly 1000.00 per month for a 60k car.

You can lease a 120k car for the same price.
Or an X5
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #92
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

You aren't alone my friend. Don't get me wrong, the M2 is awesome but considering the lead time/allocations when they first came out, it wasn't worth the wait for me. Especially when there usually are a handful of M235i/M240i's on the lot, ready to go - all spec'd out differently.
Appreciate 1
qnet681.50
      04-06-2017, 11:23 AM   #93
DF
Major
Rep
Drives: F23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Century West BMW has a bunch of unicorns. They've got every color of the rainbow for all the individual color M cars going for over $100k. They have F30 wagons for almost as much. It's nuts!
Next time I go in for service I'm going to ask them about the marketing plan they use. None of those cars sell.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 11:36 AM   #94
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF View Post
Next time I go in for service I'm going to ask them about the marketing plan they use. None of those cars sell.
Let us know because I want to know too. Two of those M2s have been there since last year. All they are doing is tying up their cash in the form of inventory.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 09:31 AM   #95
Hellrot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M235i

Quote:
Let us know because I want to know too. Two of those M2s have been there since last year. All they are doing is tying up their cash in the form of inventory.
This is called price priming, it's heavily influential and a marketing 101 tactic.

With no explanation to most people (not educated car buyers on this site) the perceived -value- of a BMW is raised. A potential buyer is left thinking, "BMWs must be nice if they have products that costs that much."

A $50 dinner doesn't sound bad when anchored next to a $200 dinner.

A $2000 suit will sell better when put next to a $10000 suit.

$50k cars sell faster when put next to $100,000 cars.

They most likely don't care about selling the M2 at all, they are using it to move cheaper cars.

Last edited by Hellrot; 04-08-2017 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 1
jmg18705.00
      04-08-2017, 10:16 AM   #96
fbsm
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 4wheels

I love my 240 but this is the first car I really continue to struggle with on choice

I KNOW that the M240 is the better choice for how I drive

But the lower brain wants the M2
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 10:18 AM   #97
DF
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrot View Post
This is called price priming, it's heavily influential and a marketing 101 tactic.

With no explanation to most people (not educated car buyers on this site) the perceived -value- of a BMW is raised. A potential buyer is left thinking, "BMWs must be nice if they have products that costs that much."

$40k cars sell faster when put next to $100,000 cars.

They most likely don't care about selling the M2 at all, they are using to to move cheaper cars.
My thought was similar. There are a half dozen dealers near my house. Nothing separates them other then one is a dinan dealer. I figured they were buying these to get people in to move regular models. As a marketing guy I sorta get it. I'm not sure it works to the average buyer. And the capitol is tied up in the cars for a long time.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #98
M2audioman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
agree.
If you like modding cars, you can build a much better one than a m2 out of the 235/240.

not interested until the s55 comes in one, and even than, id wit for a GTS version with back seat delete and full cage with Carbon brakes. A full track monster. Yes it will be 90k but well worth it.
... Or you could just buy a 911 at that point. Or a ZL1 1LE...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #99
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbsm View Post
I love my 240 but this is the first car I really continue to struggle with on choice

I KNOW that the M240 is the better choice for how I drive

But the lower brain wants the M2
Me too.

Added a Dinan Stage 1 and by doing so has put my "lower brain" to sleep.

I do however love the M2 look.

Am sizing up an M4 as my next purchase in 3-4 years.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 04:30 PM   #100
DF
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrot View Post

$50k cars sell faster when put next to $100,000 cars.

They most likely don't care about selling the M2 at all, they are using it to move cheaper cars.
Just got back. They said it was a bit of both. They do sell some of the big mark up cars to people who,want real exclusivity. Otherwise it's just a tool to get them in the door
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 11:43 AM   #101
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Well, this thread turned out to be longer than I expected. I feel like I should come clean. After typing all that about the M2 I test drove, I ended up flip flopping and tried to buy it.

To make a long story short, I had the check from my credit union, and my down payment to offset the loss for trading in my M235i, but it was sold before I could get there and purchase it. I'm a little disappointed. I now have a deposit for one at another dealer, that said it could be a year away.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 12:09 PM   #102
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
Well, this thread turned out to be longer than I expected. I feel like I should come clean. After typing all that about the M2 I test drove, I ended up flip flopping and tried to buy it.

To make a long story short, I had the check from my credit union, and my down payment to offset the loss for trading in my M235i, but it was sold before I could get there and purchase it. I'm a little disappointed. I now have a deposit for one at another dealer, that said it could be a year away.
Dude. Shop around. M2s aren't unobtanium anymore. Most dealers aren't charging a premium above MSRP for one now, either. In your neck of the woods, you've got options: Chattanooga, Greenville, Macon, Augusta, Columbus, Asheville, Birmingham.

Don't limit yourself to the Atlanta area.
Appreciate 1
qnet681.50
      04-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #103
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Dude. Shop around. M2s aren't unobtanium anymore. Most dealers aren't charging a premium above MSRP for one now, either. In your neck of the woods, you've got options: Chattanooga, Greenville, Macon, Augusta, Columbus, Asheville, Birmingham.

Don't limit yourself to the Atlanta area.
This is true. If I didn't have a car to trade in it would be a little easier. I have a non-refundable deposit (mistake, I know) at another dealer, but if a M2 pops up somewhere near, I still might go for it.

My credit union has good rates, but their service is not very good when doing paperwork for loans. It took them four hours to finish, and by then I had to go to work. I emailed the CA and told him I'd be in the next morning. He later emailed me (several hours after I emailed him) that when he got back from lunch the car was being sold.

I had called him to leave a deposit earlier, but never hear from him. Needless to say I'm not going back there again. I never like them before, they just had a M2. If I get another chance, I think I will just go with BMWF and then refinance with my CU later, like I did with my M235i.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 01:04 PM   #104
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is true. If I didn't have a car to trade in it would be a little easier. I have a non-refundable deposit (mistake, I know) at another dealer, but if a M2 pops up somewhere near, I still might go for it.

My credit union has good rates, but their service is not very good when doing paperwork for loans. It took them four hours to finish, and by then I had to go to work. I emailed the CA and told him I'd be in the next morning. He later emailed me (several hours after I emailed him) that when he got back from lunch the car was being sold.

I had called him to leave a deposit earlier, but never hear from him. Needless to say I'm not going back there again. I never like them before, they just had a M2. If I get another chance, I think I will just go with BMWF and then refinance with my CU later, like I did with my M235i.
Something else: a deposit is always refundable. Unless you signed a document of some sort (usually a Purchase Order) that basically pre-sells the car to you -- and that dealer should be getting off its keister to find you an M2 ASAP, in that case -- you can get that deposit back.

Read this. Then act.

Get your money back and shop somewhere else, my man.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 02:01 PM   #105
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep

I signed a vehicle inquiry report with their stamped statement. It had the configuration I wanted that was entered by someone at the dealership. On the side it's written "non refundable " with a marker. They went through the whole process like I was ordering the car, but of course, I still have to wait until they have an allocation.

I made sure I got a copy of this report with the MSRP price we agreed upon. I was actually embarrassed and didn't want to mention it here, but they hadn't gave me this report until I pushed them for it.

I used my credit card for the deposit so I could dispute the charge I suppose. I actually don't mind waiting, if they're actually going to get the allocation, I just don't like their tactics.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #106
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I signed a vehicle inquiry report with their stamped statement. It had the configuration I wanted that was entered by someone at the dealership. On the side it's written "non refundable " with a marker. They went through the whole process like I was ordering the car, but of course, I still have to wait until they have an allocation.

I made sure I got a copy of this report with the MSRP price we agreed upon. I was actually embarrassed and didn't want to mention it here, but they hadn't gave me this report until I pushed them for it.

I used my credit card for the deposit so I could dispute the charge I suppose. I actually don't mind waiting, if they're actually going to get the allocation, I just don't like their tactics.
That's an inquiry report; it's not a binding contract. Is the marker addendum initialed by the signee from the dealer? If it is not, you likely have a case to ask them to nullify the agreement and return your deposit. In most states, informal addendums (i.e., ones that are not accommodated by the structure of the document's language -- for instance, blanks to fill in) must be initialed by the signing parties AND notarized as witness present. The reason for this is the dealer could theoretically have surreptitiously added the addendum after you signed it. It is the same set of laws that govern mistakes on written checks; anything crossed out, etc. must be accompanied by the initial of the payer, or the bank can refuse to honor the check.

Also, you are on a waiting list for an allocation slot, which is controlled by the dealer. It can give that slot to another dealer, prioritize someone over you despite your deposit, etc. -- all without your knowledge.

I would do this: Find an M2 with your specs at another dealer. Any dealer. Demand that your dealer acquire that M2 for you from that dealer by trading allocations. If they refuse, they are essentially breaching their agreement. Boom: You get your deposit back. If they still refuse, take it up with BMW NA because I guarantee once BMW NA gets involved, that dealer will reverse itself.
Appreciate 2
jmg18705.00
qnet681.50
      04-11-2017, 05:19 PM   #107
DF
Major
Rep

Quote:

There are several here. Buy one and drive it home
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 02:41 PM   #108
lennyf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
They call it "skittles row".
Green, yellow, orange and Blue M cars.
Appreciate 0