THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Coolant woe oddity - Upper rad hose

09-05-2021, 04:12 PM   #1
Moel
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Coolant woe oddity - Upper rad hose

Ok, so for those of you following my story on the coolant hose exploded thread...all had been going well after I replaced the upper rad to expansion tank hose which had sheared off.

I thought things were all going swimmingly, until going to the golden arches on friday, when i got there, steam emerging again.

Drove it the 1.5 miles home sedately, got home opened the bonnet, discovered the hissing and steam was emerging from the connection emerging from the Oil Filter Housing.

Steam came out more rapidly when prodded..I noticed the hose was not seated correctly, now it needs replacing, because the oil leak I had from the oil filter housing clearly dripped on it, as you can feel the underside has perished on the 'connector side' of the steel band.

However I have several questions. How did it pop off, is it likely to have been because

a) the AA man disturbed it while jury rigging some piping to get me home the other week from the expansion tank hose failure.

b)I never refitted it properly after the oil filter housing gasket replacement job 3 months ago? (although it's done '000s of miles since then and been fine)

c) a signinficant amount of pressure built up allowing it to somehow blow it off the attachment to the engine? Suggesting some other problem in the cooling system?

All thoughts welcome

Alex
Appreciate 0