THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 2 weeks old and car is dead

06-19-2018, 07:26 PM   #23
Rayscott
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 228ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Thanks - had forgotten this homemaking trick. I'd figured to try that stuff from Griots if it didn't go away, or some Febreeze; I love Indian food, but after a while it gets annoying.
Forget Fabreze. Ihave a detailing business and Fabreze masks the smell for a day or two. Smokers are worse, the smoke permeates the carpet, headliner, ducts and everything else it can find. The only solution I have is to take it to a shop that uses a special cleaning machine that removes the smell completely. It runs all night and smell is gone.Costs about $100.but it works on smoke, puke, spilled stuff and anything else that normal cleaning cant get out. Uber drivers swear by it and they deal with lots of drunks who puke in their vehicles. The pussy who laid out 5K could have saved some money.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 08:45 PM   #24
mattc1176
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeffries View Post
I stil kinda want to know what was wrong with OP's car
Actually just got it back tonight, thanks for asking. As suspected in this thread it was just a dead battery so they gave me a new one. Had service at a different dealer than I bought it at and they said the dealer was supposed to replace the battery after it was delivered from the port. Never heard of that before but said that was the cause. Actually said it wasn't technically covered by warranty but at 350 miles they covered it, and rightfully so.
Appreciate 2
      06-20-2018, 07:10 AM   #25
morphomeman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235ix

Garage List
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M235ix  [0.00]
How can this not be covered by warranty if the battery was supposed to be replaced after delivery to the dealer, before turnover to the buyer (very odd, incidentally) and wasn't?
This dealer is jerking your chain to make you feel loved.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2018, 08:17 AM   #26
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphomeman View Post
How can this not be covered by warranty if the battery was supposed to be replaced after delivery to the dealer, before turnover to the buyer (very odd, incidentally) and wasn't?
This dealer is jerking your chain to make you feel loved.
Agreed. Batteries have a warranty of their own. Generally 2 year min, and oftentimes longer. Failure on a new car w/ so few miles should be a straight up swap w/o any charge through the dealership to the battery manufacturer.

Dealer wants you to feel indebted to them IMO. I wonder if they would try that if the car failed to start when you picked it up from them? They gonna say it's not covered because it's a "fair wear and tear" item?
Appreciate 0