THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum My new 228i M Sport

07-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #23
SJL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i F22

Looks great mate 😊👍
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 12:04 AM   #24
Daddycat
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue 228i M

The black grilles really work well with your black car--I would do the same. Menacing, as you say. But having seen them on a blue 435, I stayed with chrome on my EB 228i and am happy with that choice. Complements the headlight clusters nicely. Performance-wise I'm thrilled--actually slightly faster than my '93 NSX. Had a fun time in the mountains last weekend. Gonna have more once I chip it up--cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 02:01 AM   #25
marc321
Rep
Drives: F20

Congrats! look so sexy!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #26
bladeomatic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Congrats to both. I actually like the Track Package M Sport Wheels on the 228 more than the M235i stock wheels!
+1

Wish I coulda gotten those on my M235i. That terra interior looks pretty killer too. Congrats on your new wheels. Enjoy the hell out of it!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #27
HowardM
Banned
Rep
Drives: Mercedes clk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Me too. The 228 felt livelier and the sound once warmed up was better IMO. You can also get it with manual seats which are ligther move forward faster to let kids in the back seat and sit lower for more headroom. I have a ZHP which has about the same HP but the torque is nicer in the 228 albeit, throttle response in the ZHP is awesome once in the power band. I am also up in the air. If I could get the 228i without iDrive and the stupid screen/ idrive radio, that would tip the scales for me toward the 228 but it comes with both. I also found the steering to be somewhat slow and soft so it would have to have quicker steering which is why I was looking at track package. I drove the 235i right after the 228 and while it is stronger it didn't feel as lively. I wish I could find an M-sport manual to test.
I have been driving the 228i with sport and track package for a month now. The car is a bit livelier than its larger engined brother and the sport and sport plus suspension gives meaty tight steering( although the larger tires and track m suspension do give a bit of road noise and SOMETIMES a brittle ride on certain roads)
A terrific car and I still do not know the difference between my car and a 228i with m sport package???? (Is there any??)
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #28
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardM View Post
A terrific car and I still do not know the difference between my car and a 228i with m sport package???? (Is there any??)
If you properly equip a Sportline with the Track Package, the MSport difference is minor aesthetics, except they lose some lighting function.

You have fog lamps/MSport does not.
Minor difference in front and rear fascia shape with separation of exhaust pipes
MSport steering wheel design (although same rim thickness, best I can tell)
Badging on door sill plate
(what am I forgetting....anyone?)

I bypassed MSport package too. Sportline with track package is the same dynamic setup and sport seats as an optioned MSport, plus it came in Valencia Orange. Difference in total cost from Sportline to MSport with similar content was about $700. Pass....exterior color was more important than the above.

Here's the build:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 02:39 PM   #29
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Msport

Garage List
MSport Foot rest, MSport Gearshift knob on my three pedal car. Tiny little MSport emblems on the wheels. Apperance only really, whatever floats your boat. Question, does the Sportline front fascia have more groung clearance than the MSport ????My Msport sure scrapes easily
      10-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #30
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tccox View Post
MSport Foot rest, MSport Gearshift knob on my three pedal car. Tiny little MSport emblems on the wheels. Apperance only really, whatever floats your boat. Question, does the Sportline front fascia have more groung clearance than the MSport ????My Msport sure scrapes easily
My Sportline is lower than the base condition due to MAdaptive suspension, but I haven't had the underside of the front fascia touch anything so far.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #31
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Xdrive MW

Love the interior
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #32
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Valencia Orange

The M Sport gives you shadow line trim around the windows, M Sport steering wheel, aero kit and rear spoiler which you don't get on the Sport line (the M Sport brakes are a wash because both lines have them). However a Sport line WITH track package gives you adaptive suspension and variable steering which I don't believe you get in M Sport unless you also add the track package. You also get to keep the fog lights with Sport line. My thinking was the same as Sportstick's. I wanted Valencia Orange and for some reason which baffles me, you can't get it with M Sport. Why are the colors so limited on the M Sport and, for that matter, the M235i (VERY limited on the M235)? Granted, you can only get the Estoril Blue with M Sport or M235i and that's an awesome color, but in my opinion they eliminated two of the best colors for this car with those two models, Deep Sea Blue and Valencia Orange. While it's purely a matter of opinion, I also think the Sport line wheels are MUCH nicer than the M Sport wheels. I'm actually glad I didn't have to wrestle with this decision very long because the color made the Sport line versus M Sport line decision for me. As for clearance, the track package does lower the car a little bit, but I think it's the aero body kit that causes the M Sport car to be more prone to scraping. Probably the splitter, but I'm just guessing.
Appreciate 0