THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery New vs Used Pricing

12-26-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
eric_spt
Rep
Drives: 2014 S4, 2015 SQ5, 2014 C7

New vs Used Pricing

I'm looking to get a 235 xDrive. I almost bought one when they first came out but went with an S4 instead.

Things have changed and I no longer need the larger car and really want something that fits me a bit better for winter.

I've looked at used pricing and its not as good as I thought it would have been which means I may buy new.

This is a project car. It will be my winter DD but within a month or buying it I'd probably void the PT warranty but there are a lot of things outside of the PT warranty that could still be covered.

From what I saw a new one will cost me $51,500, but used I saw around $46$48. For the difference and relationship with the dealer I would buy new.

Finding the color choice I want is not hard, seems there are a lot of White w/ Dakota red interiors. I would have expected year old cars with 10-12 thousand miles to be around 10K cheaper, are they holding their value or just a lot of wishful thinking on the sellers end?

I'm looking to buy within 1-4 months, depending on how I do selling my S4. It will probably be closed to the end of the time period than before but you never know.

Are there any model year differences interior wise?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 09:28 PM   #2
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
The other thing to remember is that the four years free maintenance does not transfer with a used BMW. Depending on how much you drive, it could be a big factor.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 08:15 AM   #3
eric_spt
Rep
Drives: 2014 S4, 2015 SQ5, 2014 C7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
The other thing to remember is that the four years free maintenance does not transfer with a used BMW. Depending on how much you drive, it could be a big factor.
I'll put 20K plus per year.

I don't expect much out of the warranty. If I buy new I'll start the work that I want to do after a month or so of owning it. My only thought of new was to tell the dealer what I planned on doing ahead of time and making sure they will cover other warrantable items that are not affected by the work I wan to do to it.

I know they are supposed to but I'd rather have an understanding ahead of time so its not a fight if something goes wrong in the future.

After looking on here seems Autotrader may be a bit high, or xDrive's command a much higher resale value than RWD.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 03:37 PM   #4
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_spt View Post
I'll put 20K plus per year.

I don't expect much out of the warranty. If I buy new I'll start the work that I want to do after a month or so of owning it. My only thought of new was to tell the dealer what I planned on doing ahead of time and making sure they will cover other warrantable items that are not affected by the work I wan to do to it.

I know they are supposed to but I'd rather have an understanding ahead of time so its not a fight if something goes wrong in the future.

After looking on here seems Autotrader may be a bit high, or xDrive's command a much higher resale value than RWD.
I wasn't talking about warranty, but about free maintenance. This includes oil changes, brake pads, etc.
Appreciate 0