THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Rockford Forsgate Subs. Vs. BavSound Ghost Subs

01-19-2017, 07:11 AM   #1
Schmullis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 3.5i XLine

Rockford Forsgate Subs. Vs. BavSound Ghost Subs

Has anyone heard the RF T3 underseat sub and the BavSound Ghost Subs and do they have an opinion which is better and why?

Can't find any threads on this.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 11:19 AM   #2
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmullis View Post
Has anyone heard the RF T3 underseat sub and the BavSound Ghost Subs and do they have an opinion which is better and why?

Can't find any threads on this.

Thanks!
First off: This really should have been posted here. (The mods will move it, I'm sure).

Now: It's a relatively new product; only been out a little more than a year in Europe, less so in the U.S. Made in Germany, fiberglass cone, butyl rubber surround, 150 RMS/300 Peak watts power handling. I'm very suspicious of the 30-250Hz frequency response specs (30 Hz? PLEASE. Most ported home theater subs don't get that low). Typical shady spec reporting, really.

These look suspiciously like the MB Quart drop-ins sold in Europe (which are manufactured by Maxxsonics), but with upgraded materials. And at $300 each, the RFs'd better be an upgrade ...

Is it worth $600 to upgrade with these? I would say no unless you drive them with a separate amp -- and even then I'd be skeptical simply because of the lack of space behind the drivers., If they're trying to be actual subwoofers, you need an enclosure with more space then is supplied by BMW there.

Last edited by Viffermike; 01-19-2017 at 11:31 AM..
Appreciate 0