THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Melbourne Red M235i

03-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #1
slckrck
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Melbourne Red M235i

I've been scrolling through this site for a short while after I found an add for a used 2014 M235i. I could barely contain myself and had to have it. I picked it up last Saturday and already blown away with this thing. The matte stripe got me. Comes with Terra brown Dakota leather. Great combo.

I plan to:
add different wheels - still looking at options, BBS CH-R seem to be my favorite
exhaust - perhaps Remus
Air intake - still looking into what I want from it
front spoiler, rear diffuser

I may not get a tune for this as the power seems so sufficient as-is. Maybe after a year of driving it, I'll change my thoughts on that one.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Congrats on not only a great car purchase, but a rare colour as well! The stripes aren't bad, especially on the red, but each own will have different flavours of course

I played with mine in bone stock form for the first year as well, and it really helped me get in tune with the new "unfamiliar" RWD chassis and TBH, it's almost the perfect power level for the amount of grip that's available on most roads with street tires anyways, so don't jump on the bolt-on band wagon just yet.

I am interested in doing the basic "FBO" mods to not only bump the power a bit more (safely), but for better overall cooling & performance when driving in the warmer climates. More importantly, an attempt keep power levels consistent and safe while pushing the car in the warmer temps/ higher elevation (thin air) region I live in. The FMIC's on these cars are the absolute weak point for even making consistent power levels in stock form, IMO. I can't begin to explain how much better the car will run in stock form with just a FMIC. We put one on our GTI before the downpipe/tune and it was pure crisp power, all the time. Which confirmed my thoughts for the m235, as it runs so pure and smooth in the fresh mornings, but by the time the afternoon hits, it's upwards of 35-40*C and feels really sluggish, etc. The amount of timing pull these newer higher performing turbo cars experience in the warmer months will rob you of 20-30% of the factory power as it is, let alone higher altitude air density struggles I'm faced with here, so why would I bump boost, etc without replacing the precautionary cooling related parts on the engine? Just seems to make more sense this way. Not that there's a right or wrong way...

D

Last edited by Dylan86; 03-21-2017 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
Taunto281.50
      03-22-2017, 11:49 AM   #3
slckrck
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Thanks! The more and more I drive it, I find myself learning more about the behavior of the car and what I can and cannot do

I do feel it needs a more exotic exhaust sound. Might be one of the first things I do. And yes, the stock power is plenty for this car. Especially if you want to push the engine to do something fun and stay on the outside of a jail cell.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 12:00 PM   #4
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Congratulations! Can't wait to see your build!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 12:03 PM   #5
fbsm
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 4wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by slckrck View Post
Thanks! The more and more I drive it, I find myself learning more about the behavior of the car and what I can and cannot do

I do feel it needs a more exotic exhaust sound. Might be one of the first things I do. And yes, the stock power is plenty for this car. Especially if you want to push the engine to do something fun and stay on the outside of a jail cell.
Exhaust is the next thing I'll be doing......cant wait for the dinan solution
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 05:22 AM   #6
SwolePatrol
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Melbourne Red

Every time I see Melbourne red I fall in love with it again. I'm getting a MB M235i as well! Definitely stunning color in person. Pics do not do it justice!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 01:26 PM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats!!

+1 for the REMUS exhaust, sounds amazing

Injen and BMS are our most popular intakes.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 05:58 PM   #8
dukeapenguin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible RWD MT

Bro get the FMIC

I am in Ontario, outside like 15 C I can def feel timing curve fall down with map2
Appreciate 0