THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Tips & Tricks

02-05-2016, 02:06 PM   #89
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderwasthebass View Post
Sometimes I like to turn my control display off. I programmed this as a shortcut to my programmable key 8. Press the option button below the iDrive controller and move the cursor over "turn off control display." Press and hold the programmable key of your choice. Voila! Now you have a one touch control display off function.

If you have Comfort Access and you get out of the car but forgot to roll windows up, touch your finger on the comfort access bumps on the door handle and keep it there. Everything will close up.

If you have a MY2015 or later (I don't believe 2014 but I could be wrong), press and hold the voice control button on the steering wheel and it will activate Siri or whatever personal assistant you have on your phone. Your phone must be paired and connected via Bluetooth for this to work. This is great to compose text messages. Also for those that don't have navigation because you can call by voice. :-)
I knew about your third point, but the first two I did not...very cool! Thanks for posting.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 04:38 PM   #90
krhodes1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
2011 128i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i Touring  [10.00]
You can turn on the parking lights on only one side of the car by shutting the car off, then holding the turn signal lever in the desired direction until they come on. Useful for parking on the side of unlit roads.

'11 328! Touring - Tasman on Chestnut, 6spd manual, factory upside-down "i" option
'11 128i Convertible - Space Gray on Savannah Beige, 6spd manual,
also '14 Mercedes-Benz E350 wagon, '95 Land Rover Discovery, '74 Triumph Spitfire
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 12:50 PM   #91
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderwasthebass View Post
If you have Comfort Access and you get out of the car but forgot to roll windows up, touch your finger on the comfort access bumps on the door handle and keep it there. Everything will close up.
This does not work on our '15 235 convertible. Any ideas why not?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 11:58 PM   #92
murderwasthebass
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i Coupe, M Sport, 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark715 View Post
This does not work on our '15 235 convertible. Any ideas why not?
On that car I believe you have to hold the lock button on the key remote itself. This will close the convertible top and roll the windows up. Alternatively, if you hold unlock on the remote, it will open the convertible top. :-) This will only work if the car is FULLY off including ignition (double press start/stop button).
      02-12-2016, 09:55 AM   #93
bladeomatic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Shouldn't your insurance pay for a BMW windshield?
I think I had a $100 dedcutible.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 03:18 PM   #94
spencer29
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

I have

#1 set to "sports display" so i can see how HP and trq
#2 set to "tire pressure monitor" so i can see how hot the tires are
#3 set to "brightness" so i can lower when night time
#4 set to "entertainment" so i can get to where my phone is playing music
#5 set to "home address" quickly get home
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 12:18 PM   #95
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

You can set the ventilation to run automatically at a set time, to vent hot air out of the car before you get to it, probably 45min duration. I think you can set 2 separate times, and you need to activate it each time, it won't stay set day after day. I set mine for 45m before I'm likely to get to the car, and then an hour later in case my day is running late (aka typical). The daily reset is just a box-check, you don't need to enter the time over and over.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 12:24 PM   #96
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep

My 228 is a stripper - no tech or drivers assist - and the reverse-mirror-tilt feature works like they describe earlier in this post (but I'm not really sure which side I set the button, so try both ways, or it might even be a second switch right next to the selector for adjustment).
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 02:33 PM   #97
Sypher
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 228i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
My 228 is a stripper - no tech or drivers assist - and the reverse-mirror-tilt feature works like they describe earlier in this post (but I'm not really sure which side I set the button, so try both ways, or it might even be a second switch right next to the selector for adjustment).
I also have the stripper model with just m-sport and track handling pack, but can't get mirror tilt to work. If you can describe what you did, I'm all ears.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 03:16 PM   #98
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Right below the round aiming switch is a square slider (left-right). Some also have a 3rd button for folding them in, mine doesn't. Put the slider to the left (like you would to adjust the drivers side), and put it in reverse - the mirror should dip. There are pictures on p.56 of the manual (usa versions are here - links are at the bottom of the BMW sales pages under the 'ownership' heading that should be Canada-specific for you: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...eoverride=true).

If this doesn't work, first thing I'd try is to see if you can adjust both mirrors - if not, the selector switch could be bad. It also might be something they don't put on Canadian cars, so verify that it is listed in your version of the manual (if not offered, I bet you can code it). Final check is that the mirror isn't just a little bit bent in - don't know if that would stop the dip-function, but I drove around for a day and a half with one of mine partially folded in, without noticing (yeah - bad driver behavior to not notice my right mirror was whacked for that long). Otherwise, go back to the dealer - I've seen other posts from people who had things either not coded on, or just left off altogether (i.e. anti-theft systems, Bluetooth, etc.), and they should be able to fix it for you. It is a really cool feature - I used to do the same thing just using the adjusters, but this is much more convenient, and it saves many hundreds in rim damage I don't get because I can scope where the curb is.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 01:53 PM   #99
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
yes...

Delay for mirror close EM_BODY 3053 KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN werte = 0F (1500ms) werte = 03 (300ms) change delay time XX in 100ms units. Default is 1.5 seconds (15 x 100ms). Setting to 00 will always fold mirrors on lock. Reasonable value is 03.
Is this for the keyfob lock or the door handle lock?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 03:36 PM   #100
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42395_skyline View Post
Is this for the keyfob lock or the door handle lock?
affects both
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 07:38 PM   #101
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
affects both
My car doesn't do it stock but I will try to code it and see if I can get it working. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 10:36 PM   #102
Vyruz Reaper
Reverse Homer
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42395_skyline View Post
Quote:
affects both
My car doesn't do it stock but I will try to code it and see if I can get it working. Thanks!
What wire do you disconnect to keep the valve open? Is it the wire or the outside of the exhaust pipe? Do I just tug on it until it comes out?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 10:39 PM   #103
kohlzor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Also, if you want Sport Mode without the piped in exhaust sound from the stereo, change the settings in Sport Mode to chassis only and flip the auto stick to the left. Now you'll hear mainly the sound of your exhaust while enjoying Sport Mode.
Do you usually just drive in sports mode? What would be the best approach to always having the exhaust sound aggressive without having to be in sports mode all the time? I saw someone mention turn DSC off, is that really the only valid solution?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 09:50 AM   #104
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlzor View Post
Do you usually just drive in sports mode? What would be the best approach to always having the exhaust sound aggressive without having to be in sports mode all the time? I saw someone mention turn DSC off, is that really the only valid solution?
Make sure the car's exhaust is in sports mode and unplug the wire at the exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 11:20 AM   #105
Xi-Xi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 228xi

Quote:
My car doesn't have the tech package and mirror tilt definitely does not work. I've read here that power adjustable seats are required--does yours have that?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 02:24 PM   #106
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I do have power seats, but I Don't know why that would affect this. The power seats would be part of the 'mirror memory' that holds settings, but I doubt they are tht closely linked up. I would talk with your dealer to have them activate this - I've heard of other cases where major features were not activated or installed properly (I think many went out w/o the theft alarm, and I think owners got an option of repair/installation or cash back; also heard of some w/o proper Bluetooth, or nav settings). Worst case, they can verify for you that it really isn't something you should have on the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 03:11 PM   #107
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
I do have power seats, but I Don't know why that would affect this. The power seats would be part of the 'mirror memory' that holds settings, but I doubt they are tht closely linked up. I would talk with your dealer to have them activate this - I've heard of other cases where major features were not activated or installed properly (I think many went out w/o the theft alarm, and I think owners got an option of repair/installation or cash back; also heard of some w/o proper Bluetooth, or nav settings). Worst case, they can verify for you that it really isn't something you should have on the car.
In the U.S., the tilt-down function is apparently tied to having power seats, no matter whether they're in leather or SensaTec. I have a 228i M Sport with LP (Lighting Package), TP (Tech Package), and CWP (Cold Weather Package, meaning heated seats and mirrors) -- but with manual SensaTec seats -- and my mirrors do not dip in reverse.

The question then becomes: can dudes like me and EBf22 code this to activate on reverse? All the motors to do it are there ... Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 11:30 PM   #108
dtcoff
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i

When washing the car, move the wipers to a safe position before pulling away from the windshield to avoid marking the paint on the end of the hood.

Turn on ignition
Turn off ignition
Hold the Wiper level fully up, past the first stop for a few seconds. The wipers will do 2 wipes but then stay in the fully up position.
You can now pull the wipers safely from the windshield to clean.

When finished, do the same procedure again to return the wipers to the normal position.
Maynard3848.00
      03-08-2017, 11:44 PM   #109
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
What wire do you disconnect to keep the valve open? Is it the wire or the outside of the exhaust pipe? Do I just tug on it until it comes out?
While the valve is open just unplug the wire outside the pipe. It was pretty easy to remove but forgot exactly if it was just a tug or if there was something to press. Get under there and try, it's easy.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 10:03 AM   #110
Xi-Xi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
In the U.S., the tilt-down function is apparently tied to having power seats, no matter whether they're in leather or SensaTec. I have a 228i M Sport with LP (Lighting Package), TP (Tech Package), and CWP (Cold Weather Package, meaning heated seats and mirrors) -- but with manual SensaTec seats -- and my mirrors do not dip in reverse.

The question then becomes: can dudes like me and EBf22 code this to activate on reverse? All the motors to do it are there ... Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
Yes, my seats are heated full manual Sensatec, too. And no mirror tilt. I've never seen any information anywhere that it could be coded into a manual seat car.
Appreciate 0