THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Ed delivery on 11/6

10-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #1
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Ed delivery on 11/6

We'll my m235i is built, Wife and I will be doing eu delivery on 11/6 around noon.

From there we head to Neuschwanstein castles then Stuttgart museums. Then a track weekend at Neurimburgring. Then it's off to Spa for another track day. Finally off to Paris for 5 days.

Car is estoril blue, manual, sunroof delete, comfort and tech package with hk stereo.

Any tips or tricks for the ride would be great, never drove a m235i, ordered sight unseen.

Thanks,

Phil
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
We'll my m235i is built, Wife and I will be doing eu delivery on 11/6 around noon.

From there we head to Neuschwanstein castles then Stuttgart museums. Then a track weekend at Neurimburgring. Then it's off to Spa for another track day. Finally off to Paris for 5 days.

Car is estoril blue, manual, sunroof delete, comfort and tech package with hk stereo.

Any tips or tricks for the ride would be great, never drove a m235i, ordered sight unseen.

Thanks,

Phil
Congrats!! Have a good time! Be careful as it is not uncommon for snow in early November, more likely cold rain, but in the higher elevations it can get dicey!!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #3
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

I just got back a couple weeks ago. Started to get pretty cold, but not too bad. Except for Helsinki. Up there it was cold cold cold.

For the track days, make sure you do a practice lap to get the tires warmed up especially if you're going without winter tires. You don't mention it, but at this time of the year, winter tires are required if there is snow on the ground. If you get into an accident when snow is present and you don't have winter tires on in Germany, it won't be very fun for you. All that being said, the Michelins are summer tires, and they need heat to work best even in the summer, so in the winter, it will take a bit to get them up to optimal grip.

The track itself is challenging but not bad. Do two laps to get familiar and slowly build up speed. Stay alert as other cars will fly by you at 140mph on windy roads that are not wide like most other tracks.

The car itself is super easy to drive fast. The steering precision was better than the hydraulic steering on my 335is. Razor sharp. Not as much feedback, but the tires are communicative, so you'll hear them telling you what they're doing.

Do the plant tour at the welt. See if they can rearrange your delivery time to accommodate this. It's awesome. Get there early and eat for free at the lounge. Get there for breakfast, stay for lunch. Eat. It's good food. Take a few beers and waters in a bag with you before you leave.

Paris was super packed, but it was a lot of fun. Take time to enjoy it. We rushed trying to see a lot and we're young but we were drained by the end of the night. Paris is lovely though. The metro system is awesome. Use it.

Take a million pictures. Stop and take pictures. And then sometimes just forget the camera and enjoy the moments. Enjoy it. It's an amazing experience!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 08:18 PM   #4
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 M2

I can't say anything about ED, but I lived in Stuttgart and Neuschwanstein castle is absolutely my favorite castle, so enjoy your visit! (And the car!)
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
I just got back a couple weeks ago. Started to get pretty cold, but not too bad. Except for Helsinki. Up there it was cold cold cold.

For the track days, make sure you do a practice lap to get the tires warmed up especially if you're going without winter tires. You don't mention it, but at this time of the year, winter tires are required if there is snow on the ground. If you get into an accident when snow is present and you don't have winter tires on in Germany, it won't be very fun for you. All that being said, the Michelins are summer tires, and they need heat to work best even in the summer, so in the winter, it will take a bit to get them up to optimal grip.

The track itself is challenging but not bad. Do two laps to get familiar and slowly build up speed. Stay alert as other cars will fly by you at 140mph on windy roads that are not wide like most other tracks.

The car itself is super easy to drive fast. The steering precision was better than the hydraulic steering on my 335is. Razor sharp. Not as much feedback, but the tires are communicative, so you'll hear them telling you what they're doing.

Do the plant tour at the welt. See if they can rearrange your delivery time to accommodate this. It's awesome. Get there early and eat for free at the lounge. Get there for breakfast, stay for lunch. Eat. It's good food. Take a few beers and waters in a bag with you before you leave.

Paris was super packed, but it was a lot of fun. Take time to enjoy it. We rushed trying to see a lot and we're young but we were drained by the end of the night. Paris is lovely though. The metro system is awesome. Use it.

Take a million pictures. Stop and take pictures. And then sometimes just forget the camera and enjoy the moments. Enjoy it. It's an amazing experience!
We fly to Barcolona Saturday. Weather looks good for Germany and Belgium. I have p zeros on my 991 and here in Fl they are pucks below 45. I hope the ss are a little softer, I just can't see getting them heated up to even a mild operating temp.

The ring will be pretty slow, the videos I have seen show little to no runoff and lots of negitive camber turns with a wide range of pavement conditions. Truth is I won't know this car well enough to do much with it. Those conditions won't be inspiring to push it to hard.

Spa looks better, smooth and predictable track with runoff. We will see. I'll gopro some video and post when I get back.

We have about 5 days in the paris region so I'm hoping to get a lot of the scene in.

Will be cold, but less tourists in general, we live where it is warm all year but grew up in the cold so we won't mind.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #6
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Luckily the car has soft suspension which helps the tires dig a bit, plus even with DTC, it will still take care of you. But if you are going to move through slowly, no worries. The car really is easy to drive fast. Really watch the downhill runs. Places like the Foxhole look easy, but it is a downhill stretch of small turns with tons of camber, which can unsettle the car at high speed even if you manage to pick a line that is straight. Probably my favorite part of the track. The car will roll a lot though. You're right that there are a lot of angle changes in the road surface, which makes it so much fun. I wish I could be back there right now.
Appreciate 0