THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Ordering delay

11-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
Detlev Bronk
Rep
Drives: 2001 A4

Ordering delay

It's been two weeks now since I put down a deposit and placed an order with a bmw salesman for a 228 xdrive. When we made the deal, the salesman said he would place the order in a couple days at the latest, and would send me the relevant paperwork.

He has repeatedly made promises that the order will be placed by the end of the day or the next day each time I inquire, but it hasn't happened yet. His stated reason is that he had to trade an allocation with another dealership but hasn't been assigned a chassis. I understand lack of allocations can be an issue from reading this forum, but considering that he keeps promising it will be done on a certain day, I have a hard time buying his whole story. I suspect that he is giving priority to more recent orders for 228s that have many more options than the near bare-bones build that I selected. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 02:35 PM   #2
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Who knows? If the guy doesn't have an allocation, his promises are worth jack.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

When I ordered my 2 the salesman said my allocation would go in within a couple of days and I was e-mailing him for a production number.
Well I ordered on May 21st and as I recall got my production number in mid to late June and picked-up the car on or around August 8th.
The wait was the most fun I had all summer and I'm glad I stuck with the salesman and dealership because they are amazing and the car is better then I ever imagined.
Things happen and you have General Managers and Sales Managers and Client Advisors- if the dealership and client advisor were good then don't get too antsy and just relax.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #4
vh2720
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 230xi

He is probably trying to string you along until next month because he doesn't have an allocation and can't find another dealer willing to trade, and he thinks you will take your business elsewhere if he is upfront about it. Apparently dealers aren't getting that many allocations for 2's. I got strung along for about six weeks and got annoyed. I much prefer transparency, but I had negotiated a good price on the car and I was told by another dealer that I would have to wait too, so I stuck it out with this dealer. Now that my car is on the boat and almost here, the wait is water under the bridge and I just want to get to driving the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #5
Gentleman Driver
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i M Sport THP (future)

I'm being told by my dealer that allocations are very hard to come by and that they don't have one right now. Is this typical across the country or are there dealers that get more allocations than those here in Atlanta? I need to order my car because finding a car without a moonroof is damn near impossible.

OP I hope your dealer shoots straight with you. Mine is, but I'm thinking there have to be dealers out there getting allocations...

Cheers,

GD
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #6
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Depends on location, but the 228i shouldn't be too difficult to get your hands on. If you're on the east coast, you can always do a Performance Center Delivery and choose any dealership in the US. With this, you open up your options and negotiating power.