BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Happy With M2 engine? Good summary of its expected engine and its improvements

View Poll Results: Happy with M2? (considering new news)
Yes, and still in the market for one 28 45.16%
Wasn't interested before this recent news, now I am. 0 0%
Maybe, still need more info . 28 45.16%
Still not interested. 6 9.68%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

10-03-2015, 07:16 PM   #45
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcowboy View Post
I have a hard time believing M235i's can consistently iron out a 4.3 based on Car and Driver's claim. How hard is it to press the gas all the way for a handful of steamboats?

For all we know, BMW may have sent this publication a modified one. Apparently, it may not be the first time. For all we know, they clocked 4.3999 seconds but decided to round it off to 4.3. For all we know, at the testing grounds they got 4.501 but rounded off to 4.6.

Some days my current car vibrates first thing I turn it on and honestly some days it smells like it is burning unusually rich. Maybe some days, cars run better than other days. I'm no expert

This M2 won't come out till well into 2016, so it will be easy for slight performance bumps for the 2016 m3/m4 to avoid a potential estranged relationship between models. A consistent, 4.1, would be a pleasant surprise.
Cars will run better times on different days for sure. Atmospheric pressure, temperature of the air and road surface, moisture etc etc etc all play a part in a vehicle's performance.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0