BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Vision GT6 -> Production M2: Rear Flares

09-16-2015, 12:27 PM   #23
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Don't mind me. I'm just bitter that I slightly curbed the underside of my front bumper and haven't had time to touch it up. Basically driving a beater right now.
By far you're not the only one. Most of our low sitting cars feature 'badges of honor' from the urban jungle. The danger of dings and scratches is lurking everywhere in the city.

But sometimes there's a lucky escape. And you got to cherish those moments too. During one of the very first weeks I misjudged the ground clearance of the (stock) exhaust tips while reverse parking my car close to a nastily high side walk. I got away with a lucky near miss: no hit, no scratch - just the heart skipping a beat upon noticing the virtually zero ground clearance.

Name:  ExhaustTips.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  95.4 KB
Name:  ExhaustTips2.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  123.8 KB
      09-16-2015, 12:38 PM   #24
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
By far you're not the only one. Most of our low sitting cars feature 'badges of honor' from the urban jungle. The danger of dings and scratches is lurking everywhere in the city.

But sometimes there's a lucky escape. And you got to cherish those moments too. During one of the very first weeks I misjudged the ground clearance of the (stock) exhaust tips while reverse parking my car close to a nastily high side walk. I got away with a lucky near miss: no hit, no scratch - just the heart skipping a beat upon noticing the virtually zero ground clearance.

What is great is all the evidence of those not so fortunate. That curb has seen German tanks from the looks of it.
      09-21-2015, 02:58 PM   #25
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Well that's the most flattering angle to compare. In reality it's just based on VGT, it's toned down a lot as expected.