THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Toll Road Demand Letter: Guilty until you prove innocence.

04-22-2017, 02:23 PM   #1
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Toll Road Demand Letter: Guilty until you prove innocence.

Twice in the past year I have received a toll road demand from the Bay Area Fastrak system, complete with a black and white image of "my" license plate. In both cases, the Fastrak staff confused the "E" on my license plate with the "F" in the offending license plate toll-cheater.

I had to take a picture of my license plate and send it in with the signed dispute form. In both cases, Fastrak let me off the hook. In my letter-with-picture document, I told them that one, they need better cameras and two, please remove from you mailing list - I don't live there nor drive there. I resent having to prove my innocence. Left unchallenged, I would face fee upon growing fee.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 02:55 PM   #2
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Good job setting them straight
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 10:11 PM   #3
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I can't help but be cynical that these things are pure moneygrab, no real use to anybody. They don't have a way to catch the dude abducting his student all the way across the US, but spot-on for eventually collecting fines. Of course, maybe I don't really want big brother knowing when I use a toll lane, and how long it took me from when I got on...
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 11:49 AM   #4
p912guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

Garage List
Unfortunately, we will see more and more of this type of thing. Roads and bridges need to built and repaired and our elected representatives refuse to approve these huge capital projects funded by increased direct taxes of any kind, so we are left with open road tolling to fund these projects. We just had two new bridges constructed to make crossing the river easier, both of which are tolled and one of them replaced a bridge that wasn't tolled previously.
17 GMC Canyon Denali Long Bed 4x4 (Tailgatin, Haulin & Towin)
various 'one design' sailboats / stinky hockey gear
Appreciate 1
G-Mann413.00