THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Car Color question

09-27-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
mikezulu18
Private
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M235I MT

Car Color question

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Im torn between the Mineral white and Estoril blue. Id rather have a rarer color but mineral white is a safe really nice looking color. Is Estoril one of or going to be one of the more rare M235 colors? I still have a few days to change my color choice. Im gonna be adding some CF pieces and wrapping the roof in black so i think that would pop in either color. The one thing i am worried about is Estoril being too light of a blue but it looks gorgeous in a lot of pics.

Eric
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
lbahoshy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2014 Carrera S, 2023 BMW M2

The Estoril blue is a fantastic colour - very eye catching and beautiful - a very sporty colour that matches this car perfectly , but I'm biased

I was going to go with mineral grey then switched to the Estoril Blue and very happy I did. It's gorgeous. Every other car is white on the road today if that helps your decision.

2014 911 Carrera S, Agate grey, black int, 7spd manual

2019 M2C, HKS, 6 spd Manual. (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #3
mikezulu18
Private
Rep

It does help me I am def looking for all input i can get. I like to see other peoples opinions just for a outside view.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 02:44 PM   #4
E46toF22
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

I went with MW and I'm really looking forward to delivery in a month or so.

I started out thinking MG, but didn't like it that much when I saw it in person (a bit too understated). I test drove an EB (and was sold on the car itself), and it's definitely a great colour, but I wasn't bowled over by it when I saw it - seems like it looks better in some lighting conditions than others. Might also be because a lot of online reviews show the EB model (that or Melbourne Red), so it seemed like I'd seen it a lot already. As for rarity, I'm not so sure - EB is available on the 3 and 4 series as well, so I feel like I see that colour quite a bit on the road.

Anyway, I probably would have gone with the EB, except for this - the car I test drove was an automatic and I wanted a manual. The dealer happened to have a new one with a 6MT that they let me take on a very short test drive. It was MW, and I really hadn't been thinking of a white car at all, but wow - it looked pretty amazing in the sunlight - it really shone, and I made my mind up right there that that was the colour for me (MW on black leather).

If you search the forum for polls, you'll see people's views on AW vs. MW (there's at least one AW vs. MW poll), and you'll also see on other polls (of all the colours) that EB is way ahead of MW. For some posters, I think the feeling is that there's no point in paying for MW when you can get essentially the same colour for $0, but I do think there's a real difference when you look at them, and to my mind, MW outshines AW. It's subtle, but I think it stands out, and I think it'll look great with black accents (I'll be adding the black kidney grilles). Oh - and as for rarity - you'll have to check, but I don't recall seeing MW as an option on the 3 or 4 series. Hope that helps.

And if you want to see some good pics of MW with black kidney grilles, try this:

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=973677

Last edited by E46toF22; 09-27-2014 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #5
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i,13MustangGT,84C10,99A8

IMO MW.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

After two black cars I was either going for AW. MW or Red.
I liked pearl white on other car and ordered car without actually seeing the Mineral White 235 in person. My car's color plays tricks on me, from three or four feet away it appears as though I can see bands of light and dark color as though the paint was put down faulty- though close up the paint and metallic specks look perfect with a lot of three dimensional effect- very strange effect but I like it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #7
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Definitely Mineral White. I just prefer the colour on the 2 series, not that EBII is bad or anything.

I would guess that Mineral White will be more rare compared to EBII too.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 07:54 PM   #8
CF22
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Estoril Blue all the way. I ordered my car this way over black. Last few weeks I've had doubts, though about changing it to black but every time I see an Estoril car it is gorgeous. Best color out there IMO, pictures don't do it justice at all.

My car went into production this week so Estoril it is.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 11:49 PM   #9
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Estoril.

Obviously.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 02:12 AM   #10
mikezulu18
Private
Rep

Going to go MW. After talking to the rep she let me know pretty much the same as yall that its a very nice color but its EVERYWHERE. Its extremely common in the area and as a color that she has sold. MW is white but uncommon due to most people just going for AW and opting to save the 550 instead of paying for a upgraded white color. I love both the colors but that pretty much helped me make my decision.

Eric
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 03:20 AM   #11
one1er
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i (Yet to come)

I actually had the same debate going on for myself!

I had my mind set on white ever since I looked up the m235i (long months ago), cause I don't like black or red...the MG is too dull, and the blue didn't seem to have the right tone...at least on the pics/videos!

Also, the white is a better color to put some CF on...pops out better...there's no better contrast than black on white!

But yesterday I ended up seeing a 3 and a 4 series parked side by side, in white and blue (estoril) respectively, and suddenly the blue just made a lot more sense, and looked a lot better! I just feel it shouts "sports machine", rather than "posing machine" like the white does! For me, it suits the m235i a lot better...matches the character! Also, it's probably rarer on my neck of the woods, and blue in general is my favorite color...

To tell you the truth, neither color blows me away or makes me sigh, but I think blue is definitely the better color for me! After so many months, I had this change of heart...go figure...now I just the the freakin' money to buy one...stupid money, takes forever to come!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 03:39 AM   #12
mikezulu18
Private
Rep

I agree none of the colors scream buy me, but I do I wish I could get it in shakhir orange. That is one of my favorite colors... love it.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 03:43 AM   #13
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

It seems like at least 50% of BMWs are some form of white. You definitely will not be unique with MW and many people can't notice the difference between MW or AW except when the car is clean and in sunlight.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 04:07 AM   #14
mikezulu18
Private
Rep

I agree White is the most common car color bought and although Mineral white will look similar to AW it will be nice to know myself it isnt. I just honestly wish that there was a color that just grabbed me. I do like Valencia alot as well but sadly we cant have that on the M235. As of now the plan is to get the M performance Carbon fiber bits interior and exterior as well as hydro dip some covers and such. Dip the roof in Black Betty maybe have the car dipped martian blue or Nebula Red. Who knows but ill customize it and have fun with it for now.

Eric

p.s. this is the colors im thinking of dipping it.
Name:  martian-blue-s8-plastidip.jpg
Views: 7595
Size:  81.7 KB

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 3606
Size:  132.2 KB
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 07:41 AM   #15
mikezulu18
Private
Rep

Phew,

BMW took the indecision out of my hands and issued me a VIN so that I no longer have to fret over color or options anymore lol. On or around 15OCT i will be the proud owner of a
2015 M235I MW / MT
Tech Package
Heated Seats
Driver assistance
Moonroof delete
Harmon Kardon

Eric
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #16
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezulu18 View Post
Im torn between the Mineral white and Estoril blue. Id rather have a rarer color but mineral white is a safe really nice looking color. Is Estoril one of or going to be one of the more rare M235 colors? I still have a few days to change my color choice. Im gonna be adding some CF pieces and wrapping the roof in black so i think that would pop in either color. The one thing i am worried about is Estoril being too light of a blue but it looks gorgeous in a lot of pics.

Eric
Well, if we did a poll about 75-80% of the M235 owners went with Estoril Blue it seems like. The car itself is rare...but most of them that are out there are Estoril Blue. You most likely will seldom see a 235i on the road...but if you do there is a really good chance it will be a blue one!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #17
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Going to go MW. After talking to the rep she let me know pretty much the same as yall that its a very nice color but its EVERYWHERE. Its extremely common in the area and as a color that she has sold. MW is white but uncommon due to most people just going for AW and opting to save the 550 instead of paying for a upgraded white color. I love both the colors but that pretty much helped me make my decision.

Eric
I love my Mineral White 2 series. I really looks good at night with the street lights bouncing off of it. Yes, allot of cars on the road are Pearl White...because it looks really nice when clean. I keep a bottle of detailer in my car and a microfiber cloth to keep the lowers doors and panels clean after driving it. It stays pretty clean unless you are driving in the rain, then you pretty much have to give it regular washing. Be sure to use a good sealant on it and it will pop! I plan on getting a Cayman one day and I will probably get it in a Pearl White color as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #18
CF22
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
Well, if we did a poll about 75-80% of the M235 owners went with Estoril Blue it seems like. The car itself is rare...but most of them that are out there are Estoril Blue. You most likely will seldom see a 235i on the road...but if you do there is a really good chance it will be a blue one!
That's on the forum as car people are most likely to go for blue or red. I have yet to see an Estoril Blue M235 on the street, the only 2 I've seen were silver. It does seem like Mineral Grey, either whites, and black make up the majority of cars from what the dealer showed me was en route or at dealers when I started enquiring a few months ago. For cars with M-Sport, mostly 3 and 4 series I see everyday the great majority are white, Estoril seems quite rare in Miami but when I see one it pops out X 1000.

The car looks awesome in person in any color, pictures really don't do it any justice.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #19
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Phew,

BMW took the indecision out of my hands and issued me a VIN so that I no longer have to fret over color or options anymore lol. On or around 15OCT i will be the proud owner of a
2015 M235I MW / MT
Tech Package
Heated Seats
Driver assistance
Moonroof delete
Harmon Kardon

Eric

Congrats! I also would have gone with MW.. I feel like MW will be a bit more rare than the EB
      10-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #20
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

White no question. Looks 100x better. And the contrast you get with everything else on the car is just beautiful. I would even go Alpine and save the $ if it were me.
      10-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #21
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
After two black cars I was either going for AW. MW or Red.
I liked pearl white on other car and ordered car without actually seeing the Mineral White 235 in person. My car's color plays tricks on me, from three or four feet away it appears as though I can see bands of light and dark color as though the paint was put down faulty- though close up the paint and metallic specks look perfect with a lot of three dimensional effect- very strange effect but I like it.
Absolutely beautiful
      10-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #22
eugewu88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: m235i to be

Mineral white for me
Attached Images

Appreciate 0