THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum LED vs Adaptive LED Headlights 2018

11-30-2017, 11:04 AM   #23
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

I wonder if a US model 2016 M235i with Premium Package and Xenon adaptive headlights could be upgraded to the new projector adaptive LED headlights and then coded for the Euro type adaptive version?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #24
Locoblade
Rep
Drives: 123d

I'd say they need looking at.

I've got an early 2017 pre LCI 240 with adaptive Xenons including the "voodoo" selective beam high beam assist and have had the high beam assist switched on permanently on my 20 mile drive home in the dark for the past few weeks now. It wraps the lights around traffic dipping one side as cars pass etc and I haven't been flashed once, the only time I think I may have dazzled someone was one occasion when a car was waiting at a side junction with its headlights pointing away from me which the car didn't detect so the right hand high beam stayed on as I went past.

The adaptive turning is noticeable on the move but fairly subtle, you can confirm they're functioning though by sitting stationary behind a car in a traffic jam or against a garage door with the engine running and turning the wheel to see the lights move from side to side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldcad View Post
I have a 2015 M235i, so no LEDs - but I did pay extra for the adaptive headlights because in my Golf 7R which I had bought a couple of months before the M235i, the system works briliantly in both aspects:

- the beam following turning the wheels very precisely, and indeed making the road edges much better illuminated

- at night driving, I can just turn on my high-beams and forget about it; not a once did an upcoming driver flash his lights on me to make me turn of my highs because they would dazzle him

Unfortunately, the similar functions of my M235i do not work as nice at all; swiveling the lights in curves is almost imperceptible and I cannot leave my high-beams on permanently because other people coming from the opposite direction keep flashing their lights on me because the get dazzled....

Is the above your experience as well, or should I have my system checked for malfunctions by my Dealer?

Piotr
Appreciate 0