THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Third time's a charm...

12-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Smile Third time's a charm...

The ordering process for my car has been quite arduous and rather unpleasant. I ordered a 2015 M235i on 13 October and was told late January at the latest for delivery. Waiting for the car to arrive is torture as you all know, but I was very excited. I don't spec my cars out and go with the few vital options that I really like. The non-standard extras on this car that I ordered were:

Black Sapphire Metallic (terra Leather and aluminium trim as my interior choice)
Sports Auto transmission
PDC front and rear
Xenons
Glass sunroof
Extended instrument cluster
Interior mirror with automatic antidazzle
Interior and Exterior mirrors electric with automatic anti-dazzle function

I recently found out that my car hadn't been ordered yet after 1.5 months from ordering. I had found out that the salesman was lying to me as they did not have any allocations for an M235i for at least the next two months and he was going to keep lying to me until there was a slot for me. I was crushed as I wouldn't have my car anytime soon and the fact that what the dealer did was despicable. BMW finds nothing wrong with this by the way, and said that they can't do anything for me. I got my money back from the car I sold to them, but they still have my security deposit. Anyway that sour deal was off.

I decided to start looking around for a slightly used car, since a new car would be totally out of the question. I've never bought used and don't like the idea of this, not knowing what has been done to the car and how it was treated. With M235i allocations being so low and rare in SA, there wasn't much choice for me. I found a Melbourne Red 2014 model with 8000km on it. The non-standard options were:

Melbourne red
Sports Auto transmission
PDC front and rear
Xenons
Glass sunroof
Rear view camera
Harman Kardon
Interior mirror with automatic antidazzle
Automatic air conditioner with microfilmed
Convenience telephony with extended smartphone connectivity

It has good spec and more than the spec I wanted. I was getting a great deal on it and decided to take it. I was still not happy in the back of my mind as it wasn't new and the fact that it was Melbourne Red. I love the colour but I had it on my F30 that I just sold and I don't ever get the same colour twice in a row.
Anyway I got really excited about it and even sat down with the salesman to work out what I wanted done on the car. I had chosen:

matte black kidneys
M stripe on the grille
mperformance shoulder line accent stripe (my favourite mperformance accessory!)
mperformance side skirt decal
gloss black boot spoiler
black BMW roundels
satin black painted wheels

This was all going to be done within two weeks and ready for delivery!
Well yesterday I got cold feet about buying a used car, especially a performance one like this. This is just how I am. So I cancelled this deal.

So yesterday I get a call from another dealer who knew I was looking for this car previously, to tell me that they got a new 2015 M235i that hasn't been driven yet with every option on it. I thought maybe this is my opportunity and what is meant to be for myself. I wrestled with the fact that the M240i or whatever with its new engine will be arriving soon, so I should should discard the idea of getting an M235i completely. I eventually came to terms with not always being able to have the newest thing. And the fact that I could get a brand new 2015 without waiting! This honestly trumped everything for me regardless of the price, and I decided to treat myself with a fully loaded car. I would never spec a car like this but I felt so compelled to take the car that I did! The non standard options are:

Mineral White
Sport Auto transmission
Connected Drive Services Package (includes connected drive, real time traffic, concierge and remote services)
Adaptive M Suspension
Tyre Pressure Monitoring
Automatic anti-dazzle interior mirror
Park Assist
Xenon headlights
Extended Light Package
Instrument cluster with extended contents
Lumbar support for driver and front passenger (electrically adjustable)
Seat heating for driver and front passenger
Steering wheel heating
Internet
Adaptive headlights
Comfort Access
Driving Assist
High Beam Assist
Park Distance Control(PDC) front & rear
Rear view camera
Automatic air conditioning with micro filter
Convenience telephony with extended smartphone connectivity
Glass Sunroof electric with sliding and vent function
Headlamp washer system
Hi-fi Loudspeaker System Harman/kardon
Navigation System Professional
Seat adjustment electric with memory for driver

I've decided to get the mperformance shoulder like accent stripe, M stripes on grille and satin black painted wheels only for this car.

I should be getting it within two-three weeks!

so I've never really dissected the options list because I usually don't order many options and I'm a little curious about some of them. I thought I would ask you guys who are experienced with them. I've tried googling some of these too but without good enough answers.

1) what exactly does the extended light package include?
2) what does the Convenience telephony with extended smartphone connectivity option do? Is it useless without the phone cradle?
3) what does the adaptive suspension alter exactly?
4) does comfort access only include keyless door opening/closing? What about the boot opening by swiping your leg under the car like in the F30?
5) does tyre pressure monitoring warn of flat tyre only?
6) is it possible to get an online owner's manual now? I would really like to read up on the navigation system and how to work it exactly

Thank you for reading and I appreciate any help with the questions!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
sputman
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i xDrive + '21 Z4 M40i

Here's the manuals I found somewhere before I took delivery.
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2014, 12:35 AM   #3
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyscott View Post
This is perfect. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 12:35 AM   #4
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
I think they look best in white anyway. Just beautiful with that extra contrast. Blessing in disguise. It will be a beautiful car. What color interior?
      12-23-2014, 12:39 AM   #5
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_234 View Post
I think they look best in white anyway. Just beautiful with that extra contrast. Blessing in disguise. It will be a beautiful car. What color interior?
Yes I also see it like this. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #6
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Glad to hear everything worked out in the end!

Congrats!
      12-23-2014, 03:41 PM   #7
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Glad to hear everything worked out in the end!

Congrats!
Thank you! Do you have any personal experiences to answer to some of my questions?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #8
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vervain View Post
Thank you! Do you have any personal experiences to answer to some of my questions?
Sure!

- Alters suspension dampening/stiffness.
I.E. Comfort Mode may be more "soft/floaty" compared to Sport (stiff - better for cornering).

- TPMS warn of low tire pressure. Both front and rear have their thresholds as established by BMW
      12-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #9
sputman
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i xDrive + '21 Z4 M40i

I'm by no way authoritative on these answers, but here goes...

1) extra lighting like the interior lights in the door handles, footwell, ambient lighting, etc. On my m235i they can be changed between white and orange.
2) I don't know either. I asked my rep and couldn't get a straight answer even after he called BMW directly. There was one reference to voice commands and I frequently use to the Dial so-and-so. That looks up the contact in my telephone phone book and dials them... so I ordered it. That function may still work without the extended telephony package but I didn't want to risk it.
3) Already answered
4) Yes. No.
5) Not sure, we don't have actual TPMS sensors in Canada
6) Already uploaded :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vervain View Post
1) what exactly does the extended light package include?
2) what does the Convenience telephony with extended smartphone connectivity option do? Is it useless without the phone cradle?
4) does comfort access only include keyless door opening/closing? What about the boot opening by swiping your leg under the car like in the F30?
6) is it possible to get an online owner's manual now? I would really like to read up on the navigation system and how to work it exactly
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #10
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Sure!

- Alters suspension dampening/stiffness.
I.E. Comfort Mode may be more "soft/floaty" compared to Sport (stiff - better for cornering).

- TPMS warn of low tire pressure. Both front and rear have their thresholds as established by BMW
Thanks man

Quote:
I'm by no way authoritative on these answers, but here goes...

1) extra lighting like the interior lights in the door handles, footwell, ambient lighting, etc. On my m235i they can be changed between white and orange.
2) I don't know either. I asked my rep and couldn't get a straight answer even after he called BMW directly. There was one reference to voice commands and I frequently use to the Dial so-and-so. That looks up the contact in my telephone phone book and dials them... so I ordered it. That function may still work without the extended telephony package but I didn't want to risk it.
3) Already answered
4) Yes. No.
5) Not sure, we don't have actual TPMS sensors in Canada
6) Already uploaded :-)
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Really appreciate it
Appreciate 1