THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery M240i on its way to the port!

09-22-2016, 10:54 PM   #199
beemdoubleu2er
:D
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i Coupe

Appreciate 3
Joe2402923.50
drexplode1762.00
BPAC30689.00
      09-22-2016, 11:46 PM   #200
beemdoubleu2er
:D
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i Coupe

So here it is finally! I'll have to wait to give some driving impressions until I have driven it more and played around with all the settings.

Apparently a bunch of people from the dealer gathered around the car during the day and all admired it wondering who was the lucky owner that was taking this little beast home. It definitely stood out in the showroom even though there was an M4 and i8. Everybody seemed to love the splitter and diffuser additions.

A few first impressions
  • I love the size of the car, it's perfect. It feels very driver focused. Other BMW coupes are just getting ridiculously big (which makes them look way too long from the side). This has the right proportions.
  • iDrive 5.0 for the M240i does not have a touch screen (yet at least) but navigating with the traditional analog iDrive controller works well and is intuitive. I actually wonder how usable/safe a touch screen would be having to reach the screen from the sitting position (then there's all the fingerprints).
  • CarPlay was super easy and really fast to setup (which also automatically takes care of bluetooth pairing). It's a little surprising that it does not get displayed full screen (at least I haven't seen the option) but maybe since the screen is so wide that's what's expected at that aspect ratio. It works wirelessly and seamlessly. You invoke Siri by holding the voice command button down for a second on the steering wheel. Just tapping the same button invokes the regular BMW voice commands.
  • I was actually surprised that the splitter with the body painted option from the factory came fully painted (I thought the winglets would remain black). However it looks great and it makes the car look special and way more aggressive in person than in the photos!
  • I'm very happy I went with the sunroof delete, I love the cleaner look inside and out.
  • The quality of the Dakota leather is significantly less than the Nappa leather I used to have in my E92 M3. I haven't been in an M2 so I can't compare those.
  • The seats are comfortable and they hold you in place well. The thigh extension makes them even more comfortable for somebody tall like me (I'm a little over 6' 1''). I'm looking forward to going on an extended drive to see if the comfort holds up on longer trips. I miss being as low as in my recently sold 911 a little bit.
  • The steering wheel size and thickness feels great.
  • The exhaust sounds nice but I'm still going to wait for the MPE for more volume. My point of reference however is the roaring V8 of the E92 M3 and the screaming flat six of the 911.
  • The orbit grey wheels look better than the ferric grey in my opinion but maybe it's because they hide their shape which I'm not a big fan of. I'm still going to get a new set of wheels! I'll be selling the OEM wheels soon if anybody is interested.
  • While I value the performance more than convenience I'm definitely happy to have things like the adaptive suspension and comfort access.

I can't wait to break it in and push it a little!

Let me know if anybody has specific questions!

P.S: I was able to qualify for the 0.9% APR financing from BMWFS which is better than what my bank had offered me, my credit score is above 800.
Appreciate 2
Joe2402923.50
      10-15-2016, 01:20 AM   #201
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

Mine just finished production at factory and is waiting transport to a boat to leave Germany. The wait will kill me. Seems like yours took about a month to get to Hueme. So I guess I'm gonna stock up on goodies. I asked the dealer to put a MP exhaust on when it arrives but I guess it isn't even available yet. How much was that trunk wing? I was told it was the same design as the m235 but then again I was told that nothing was available for the m240i yet. So I don't know who to believe. Would like to get diffuser you got on yours. Is that the factory diffuser or the M performance one?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 02:22 AM   #202
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbruin108 View Post
Mine just finished production at factory and is waiting transport to a boat to leave Germany. The wait will kill me. Seems like yours took about a month to get to Hueme. So I guess I'm gonna stock up on goodies. I asked the dealer to put a MP exhaust on when it arrives but I guess it isn't even available yet. How much was that trunk wing? I was told it was the same design as the m235 but then again I was told that nothing was available for the m240i yet. So I don't know who to believe. Would like to get diffuser you got on yours. Is that the factory diffuser or the M performance one?
that's the mperformance wing, front splitters/spoiler, and rear diffuser. All are the exact same on the 240 as they are on the 235. All of the parts that fit on the 235 will fit on the 240 with the exception of any tunes, engine parts, and exhaust parts. Other than that, everything is the exact same. I know because I ordered the m235i painted mirror caps, dual slat grill, painted reflectors and steel brake lines from IND and the mperformance front splitters/spoiler and rear spoiler for my 240.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #203
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

Woohoo! Mine is finally on the truck. It only has to drive one city away from the port to where my dealership is so hopefully it will be there within a day!! Got my MPE parts all ready to go once I get the car!
Appreciate 0