THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery 2017 M240i On The Way!! (Updating with pics...)

09-04-2016, 03:11 PM   #23
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Lol I like the black sapphire a little more than the mineral grey personally. Only problem I have with black is it shows dirt pretty easy so have to stay on top of cleaning it (have a black Dodge Avenger with blacktop package for my second car, EB m240i will become my DD).

I've already priced it out (that is if all the 340 stuff fits on the 240) that it'll be about 4.5k to go jb4, DP, CAI, cat back exhaust and should net about 80-100 whp so just need them to confirm everything so I can buy it all.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 03:13 PM   #24
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 6MT RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
I spoke with Anthony at OEMConcepts. He's on the forums here: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/member.php?u=79523

Great guy and very helpful. Just make sure you get a shipping invoice from him and go to the customs office on base (I went to the one on Ramstein) and get AE Form 550-175A filled out by them. It exempts military members from import duties and taxes so you wont have to pay UPS when you go to pick them up. What will happen is the wheels will get to customs, UPS should prompt on the tracking page that customs needs information from you. You send them the invoice and that form and it will get signed and you'll owe nothing. Then they will be sent to a UPS facility for you to either pick up or deliver to your residence.

Had some issues getting the wheels imported because German customs sucks when going through UPS. They tried charging me 1000 euros in import fees and taxes when it should've been like 250-300 euro. I asked them to reevaluate it and they came back saying it is 1900 euro That's when I went to the customs office on Ramstein and found out about that form. Got it filled out, had to take it to german customs for a signature, but they couldn't sign it because UPS already had possession of the wheels. So went to UPS where the lady at the counter ended up signing the form and giving me my wheels. Was a 2 day headache that can be avoided if you have the knowledge lol.

Plan on getting the form when I order my exhaust in the spring (if there's one out for the m240i around then).

Where are you stationed at and what color car do you have?
Thanks for the info! That'll save me a couple days of headache for sure if I end up going that route!

I'm not actually stationed here, per se, as I'm not in the military. I'm the IT Systems Engineer for Service Credit Union. We have similar status as contractors, so full logistical support like on base gas, commissary use, VAT forms, etc. Currently, we're on Pulaski, but we're being moved to Sembach in October (one hell of a project moving our datacenter...) as the army is closing the Pulaski side of the base there. You on RAB?

Mine will be mineral gray, will have the rear 3 windows tinted, and will be loaded with M Performance parts. Yours?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 03:16 PM   #25
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Lol I like the black sapphire a little more than the mineral grey personally. Only problem I have with black is it shows dirt pretty easy so have to stay on top of cleaning it (have a black Dodge Avenger with blacktop package for my second car, EB m240i will become my DD).
Totally. I love the black. My current Audi A3 is black. But like you said, it is tough to keep it looking clean. And black shows the swirls. I've mostly owned black cars in my time, but I'm done with it. MG was my compromise. Still a neutral dark color but without the hassle of swirls and the "dirty" look.

Quote:
I've already priced it out (that is if all the 340 stuff fits on the 240) that it'll be about 4.5k to go jb4, DP, CAI, cat back exhaust and should net about 80-100 whp so just need them to confirm everything so I can buy it all.
Was thinking something similar. I'm just waiting for them to get the parts to market for the M240/B58 engine.

Last edited by Hrothgar; 09-04-2016 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #26
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
Thanks for the info! That'll save me a couple days of headache for sure if I end up going that route!

I'm not actually stationed here, per se, as I'm not in the military. I'm the IT Systems Engineer for Service Credit Union. We have similar status as contractors, so full logistical support like on base gas, commissary use, VAT forms, etc. Currently, we're on Pulaski, but we're being moved to Sembach in October (one hell of a project moving our datacenter...) as the army is closing the Pulaski side of the base there. You on RAB?

Mine will be mineral gray, will have the rear 3 windows tinted, and will be loaded with M Performance parts. Yours?
Moving to a bigger building I hope? Had a few classes back there on Pulaski by the HQ. I can only imagine having to move a data center. Would hate to do that project lol. Yea stationed on rab. Didn't know the army was closing down Pulaski. Guessing they're leaving kapaun open with vogelweh? Definitely look into the form, I would assume you'd be eligible for it as well.

Mine is EB, already have the front splitters/spoiler, rear spoiler, and full CF interior on order from BMW. Also have steel brake lines, color matched front reflectors, dual slat gloss black grill with M tricolor painted on, and color matched mirror covers on order with IND. Gonna get the rear windows tinted as well (wish we could do them all) once it's delivered. Can't wait, production starts tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 03:25 PM   #27
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Totally. I love the black. My current Audi A3 is black. But like you said, it is tough to keep it looking clean. And black shows the swirls. I've mostly owned black cars in my time, but I'm done with it. MG was my compromise. Still a neutral dark color but without the hassle of swirls and the "dirty" look.

Was thinking something similar. I'm just waiting for them to get the parts to market for the B58 engine.
Ya I'm done with black after the avenger lol. I'd go mineral gray if I wanted something dark. I personally favor white cars and would've gone with that, but the wife loves the blue so went with that since she let me choose the 2er over the 3series I really like the blue though so I'm not upset over it lol.

They already have a decent number of performance parts out for the b58, they just haven't had a 240 yet to confirm fitment since its new. The 340 and 440 have been out for a year with the b58 already.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #28
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Moving to a bigger building I hope? Had a few classes back there on Pulaski by the HQ. I can only imagine having to move a data center. Would hate to do that project lol. Yea stationed on rab. Didn't know the army was closing down Pulaski. Guessing they're leaving kapaun open with vogelweh? Definitely look into the form, I would assume you'd be eligible for it as well.

Mine is EB, already have the front splitters/spoiler, rear spoiler, and full CF interior on order from BMW. Also have steel brake lines, color matched front reflectors, dual slat gloss black grill with M tricolor painted on, and color matched mirror covers on order with IND. Gonna get the rear windows tinted as well (wish we could do them all) once it's delivered. Can't wait, production starts tomorrow
I love EB! Such a great color on this car.

As far as I know, Kapaun is staying open and it's just Pulaski they're closing. I'm not privy to too many of the details though, and those details seem to change every week so who know what's going on any more.

I've got my iND reflectors in as well. Most of the M parts have already shown up at the dealer (they got me some great prices!!), minus those carbon fiber parts that are on back order for a couple weeks. I've got the full CF interior coming as well, including the dash pieces from the M2.

My dealer (Euler) said that they see a lot of cars come through with all the windows tinted. They actually have a couple on the showroom floor right now. Apparently, some guys get the tint removed on the front windows when they take it in every couple years for inspection and then get it redone. I'd rather play it safe myself as there's still the chance of getting pulled over between inspections. "Tint tax," I guess?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 03:54 PM   #29
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Ya I'm done with black after the avenger lol. I'd go mineral gray if I wanted something dark. I personally favor white cars and would've gone with that, but the wife loves the blue so went with that since she let me choose the 2er over the 3series I really like the blue though so I'm not upset over it lol.
Can't really lose, man. Black, MG, white, EB, they're all good. However, I do much dislike the silver on these Bimmers. Not a fan.

Quote:
They already have a decent number of performance parts out for the b58, they just haven't had a 240 yet to confirm fitment since its new. The 340 and 440 have been out for a year with the b58 already.
True! I saw the JB4 for the 3 series B58, just not sure if that would still work for the M240i. Not sure what other little changes there are with the 2 series that might affect the performance parts, so waiting on confirmation on that as well. Looking forward to seeing what we can get out of this over the N55! Could seriously overtake the M2 considering it's almost maxed out coming stock and they're already pretty even in a straight line drag race.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 04:03 PM   #30
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I love EB! Such a great color on this car.

As far as I know, Kapaun is staying open and it's just Pulaski they're closing. I'm not privy to too many of the details though, and those details seem to change every week so who know what's going on any more.

I've got my iND reflectors in as well. Most of the M parts have already shown up at the dealer (they got me some great prices!!), minus those carbon fiber parts that are on back order for a couple weeks. I've got the full CF interior coming as well, including the dash pieces from the M2.

My dealer (Euler) said that they see a lot of cars come through with all the windows tinted. They actually have a couple on the showroom floor right now. Apparently, some guys get the tint removed on the front windows when they take it in every couple years for inspection and then get it redone. I'd rather play it safe myself as there's still the chance of getting pulled over between inspections. "Tint tax," I guess?
Which dash pieces from the m2 are you referring to? I saw the m3 on the showroom floor and my SA said they can't sell it like that so its gonna have to be removed. I'm with you on playing it safe, last thing I want is to tell my supervisor or first shirt that I got a dumb ticket.

I also don't like the silver to much on these cars, but I have seen one or two that look decent with the right additions (wheels, lowered, etc.). The jb4 should be pretty ready to move to the 240 with some minor adjustments I'd think. The coding is all there, it's just changing some parameters (I know it takes time, but shouldn't take as long as developing from scratch).
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 04:45 PM   #31
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Which dash pieces from the m2 are you referring to? I saw the m3 on the showroom floor and my SA said they can't sell it like that so its gonna have to be removed. I'm with you on playing it safe, last thing I want is to tell my supervisor or first shirt that I got a dumb ticket.
The carbon fiber dash inserts. The M240i CF interior kit comes with alcantara dash pieces. So, I ordered that as well as the M2 CF dash parts, and will sell the alacantara pieces here probably. The M2 parts fit (so I've read here) as the interior is basically the same.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 06:24 PM   #32
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The carbon fiber dash inserts. The M240i CF interior kit comes with alcantara dash pieces. So, I ordered that as well as the M2 CF dash parts, and will sell the alacantara pieces here probably. The M2 parts fit (so I've read here) as the interior is basically the same.
Ah I see. Isn't the m2 CF trims gloss instead of matte? Or is that just the m3 and m4 that's gloss? I'd assume the m2 trim would fit because it is exactly the same.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 11:13 AM   #33
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Ah I see. Isn't the m2 CF trims gloss instead of matte? Or is that just the m3 and m4 that's gloss? I'd assume the m2 trim would fit because it is exactly the same.
No, it's the exposed CF, not like the M3/M4 glossy CF. There's a thread on here about it (below). The M2 CF trim fits like a charm.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1271866
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 03:47 PM   #34
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Edited first post to add a couple photos of arrival day.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 04:10 PM   #35
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Edited first post to add a couple photos of arrival day.
Very nice congrats! I grabbed my splitter and lip from Tom today and dropped it off at Herzburg right before they closed. They told me to bring in the gas cap so they could color match so they can't start paint until my car is delivered next week :/ I'll be in the same boat as you next week lol. Tom also informed me today that the CF stuff is on back order and doesn't know when it'll be in.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 06:12 PM   #36
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Very nice congrats! I grabbed my splitter and lip from Tom today and dropped it off at Herzburg right before they closed. They told me to bring in the gas cap so they could color match so they can't start paint until my car is delivered next week :/ I'll be in the same boat as you next week lol. Tom also informed me today that the CF stuff is on back order and doesn't know when it'll be in.
But we're so close now!! I was told the CF stuff was on backorder as well, and they were, but they were only on backorder a couple weeks. All of mine showed up this morning just in time for the car! Still, gotta wait for the paint though, so not like it's a big deal. Yours will probably come in before yours is done, too, if I were to guess.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 01:13 AM   #37
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Hopefully. Be nice to have them install everything before pickup instead of having to go back for the install. What all are you having painted?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 07:39 AM   #38
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Hopefully. Be nice to have them install everything before pickup instead of having to go back for the install. What all are you having painted?
The front lip/splitters and rear diffuser. At first, I was gonna leave them matte black, but after seeing them up close on some cars in person, I decided to go ahead and have them painted MG. You getting yours painted?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 08:22 AM   #39
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I didn't go with the rear diffuser yet. Just painting the front splitters and lip EB. I saw a matte splitter/lip on a MG at Euler (was another customers 3er) and I didn't like the look of the matte either.

Didn't get the diffuser yet because I'm debating if it's worth it or not. Guess it depends on what exhaust I end up with. Quad tips look nice but not sure if that's what route I'm going or not.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 06:40 AM   #40
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I didn't go with the rear diffuser yet. Just painting the front splitters and lip EB. I saw a matte splitter/lip on a MG at Euler (was another customers 3er) and I didn't like the look of the matte either.
Yeah, for one, the matte black looks dirty something quick, then it just looks bad.

Quote:
Didn't get the diffuser yet because I'm debating if it's worth it or not. Guess it depends on what exhaust I end up with. Quad tips look nice but not sure if that's what route I'm going or not.
I think some sort of aftermarket diffuser is a must with this car, for me anyway. The stock one looks so... pedestrian. It's extremely bland. I was originally attracted to the M2 and was looking for that before ending up going with the M240. The M2 diffuser with quad exhaust looks sick! The ONLY reason I felt I could go with the "little brother" and be happy with it was that I could get the MP front splitters and rear diffuser to make it look less, well, less boring if I'm going to be honest. I would happily back you going the quad exhaust route!
Appreciate 1
Joe2402923.50
      09-11-2016, 06:58 AM   #41
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, for one, the matte black looks dirty something quick, then it just looks bad.

I think some sort of aftermarket diffuser is a must with this car, for me anyway. The stock one looks so... pedestrian. It's extremely bland. I was originally attracted to the M2 and was looking for that before ending up going with the M240. The M2 diffuser with quad exhaust looks sick! The ONLY reason I felt I could go with the "little brother" and be happy with it was that I could get the MP front splitters and rear diffuser to make it look less, well, less boring if I'm going to be honest. I would happily back you going the quad exhaust route!
I was gonna go m2, then my SA said it's an 18 month wait at the moment and my DEROS is August of 2017. So my only option was the m240 if I want to dodge the taxes back in the states when I go back.

I like the quad exhaust look, but the diffuser options that are out for it are quite a bit more expensive than the MP diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 02:02 PM   #42
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I was gonna go m2, then my SA said it's an 18 month wait at the moment and my DEROS is August of 2017. So my only option was the m240 if I want to dodge the taxes back in the states when I go back.
How do you dodge the taxes? I can't remember who, but someone told me recently that you are sure to be taxed when taking it back. Do you just have to own it for a good amount of time? For instance, a friend of mine recently went onto the economy here in Germany and they didn't tax her on her Audi since she had owned it for more than a year. I guess they only care about people flipping cars as a means to avoid taxes. Not sure if it's the same situation going back to the states.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 02:44 PM   #43
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
How do you dodge the taxes? I can't remember who, but someone told me recently that you are sure to be taxed when taking it back. Do you just have to own it for a good amount of time? For instance, a friend of mine recently went onto the economy here in Germany and they didn't tax her on her Audi since she had owned it for more than a year. I guess they only care about people flipping cars as a means to avoid taxes. Not sure if it's the same situation going back to the states.
It depends on the state you go back to. Florida for instance won't tax you if it's registered outside of the state for more than 6 months. The other way is if I get stationed outside of Florida (my home of record), then I can file for mail order plates from Florida and still avoid the taxes. Since I leave in just under a year I'll be able to dodge them because I'll have it registered here for more than 6 months.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 08:53 AM   #44
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My SA sent me some pictures of the car!

Super excited! Hoping delivery is next week but we'll see. I still need to grab the gas cap for a color match for the paint shop. Hoping that doesn't take to long to get painted.
Appreciate 0