THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery BMW m240i or Lexus is350

10-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #23
RotorOver
Newer 2er
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i (Sold)

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbruin108 View Post
Wow, and I thought i got a great deal at invoice, which was 7-8% off msrp. kudos to negotiations.
Thanks. I was around 7% and got the USAA discount on top of that. My dealer is high volume, so that definitely helps. Also, they had an M240i on the lot and were able to trade another dealer for what I was looking for, so that may have helped as well. What I was surprised about was how fast we came to terms. My first BMW and have to say I was pretty happy with the process.
2017 Audi Q5
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2016, 06:09 AM   #24
MartyMcFly88MPH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235ix

Maybe look for a slightly used M235i? I recently picked up a 14k mi 2015 M235ix for $39k. MSRP was $51,325, so i'm satisfied. I'm sure better deals will be had as more M240s trickle in.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 03:30 PM   #25
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeglim View Post
3. The infotainment system. Holy crap. A trackball, mouse, pointer thing? What the hell is that thing? My 2013 IS had a touchscreen that was perfectly usable. That mouse thingie? Forget it. I actually asked the sales guy, "Do people actually like this thing?" Seriously, this thing is dreadful.
I owned a Lexus CT 200h F Sport before my 2 Series (Hey: I wanted to try a hybrid. Got rid of it as soon as I could, though I do miss the interior), and I found the Remote Touch Controller to be intuitive to use once you figured it out -- certainly more so than the iDrive wheel, particularly when using it with Nav. The Lexus RTC interface has been redesigned for 2016, too.

Now, granted, I absolutely detest mice -- I've used a trackball nearly my entire working life for a variety of reasons, foremost of which is precision and to help fend off carpal tunnel -- hell, I even use a trackball for gaming and forego imprecise touch pads whenever possible. So maybe I'm biased because of what I'm used to ...

As for the entirety of the cars: One's a 4-door, the other's a 2-door. That's a very important distinction. Enough's been said about the dated powerplants and drivetrains that most Lexii have -- that's a disadvantage of nearly any Toyota product these days, actually. But most people don't care about that stuff as long as it's reliable, and Lexii -- even the F Sport line -- have always been aimed at those very people: those who know about and expect Toyota reliability underneath a stylish, ultra-comfortable, premium package unlike any competitor.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 02:05 PM   #26
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
your wife wants you to get the lexus...

Your inner child wants the bimmer.

Choose your battles wisely.
My wife wanted me to get the bummer and didn't think it was even worth comparison-shopping the Lexus
Appreciate 1
bryan_G011164.50