THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Methanol (newbie) questions, JB4 logging, JB4 bluetooth interface

02-29-2016, 11:38 PM   #1
dAPEX
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i with FBO

Garage List
2015 BMW m235i  [0.00]
Methanol (newbie) questions, JB4 logging, JB4 bluetooth interface

1. What safeguards are part of the BMS methanol kit and JB4?

2. What happens if the pump stops spraying or you run out of methanol while running map 3?

3. Is there some indication that you are out (sound, dash light, etc)?

4a. If you install the methanol kit and don't want to use it 100% of the time can you just load a different map (map 2 or map 5 for example).

4b. The methanol injection is actually controlled by the JB4 correct?

4c. As in, it isn't spraying unless the JB4 tells it to?

5. Also, is it better (with the stock turbo and FBO) to run dual CM5, CM7, or CM10 nozzles?

6. Also, does anyone know of a beginners guide to logging with the JB4? It's my understanding that you should definitely do logging if you are going to be using methanol and/or higher level maps on the JB4 but I cannot find a lot of well organized information on how to interpret this or how to start.

7. Finally, does anyone know if the bluetooth interface for the JB4 is compatible with the newest version of the JB4 for the m235i (the version with the OBDII CANBUS interface?) It seems like it would make logging a lot easier.

I have been searching N54tech for some answers but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a beginners or FAQ section on methanol.

I ordered a single CM10 nozzle initially. Top gear solutions suggested running dual CM5s instead since I don't need that much flow and I will get better atomization with dual nozzles.

Thanks ahead of time for any answers. I numbered them to make answering easier.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 01:35 PM   #2
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

[QUOTE=dAPEX;19485086]1. What safeguards are part of the BMS methanol kit and JB4?

2. What happens if the pump stops spraying or you run out of methanol while running map 3?

the Fail safe will revert the map to 0, I have run out before.

yeah, the car has no power

4a. If you install the methanol kit and don't want to use it 100% of the time can you just load a different map (map 2 or map 5 for example).

only runs on map 3 (progressive meth mapping)

yes and the fsb, which gets power from jb4

yes
5. Also, is it better (with the stock turbo and FBO) to run dual CM5, CM7, or CM10 nozzles?
two cm5 nozzles would be better you can run one cm10 or two cm5 possibly cm7 and cm5 for dd depending on use and when you activate (psi)
6. Also, does anyone know of a beginners guide to logging with the JB4? It's my understanding that you should definitely do logging if you are going to be using methanol and/or higher level maps on the JB4 but I cannot find a lot of well organized information on how to interpret this or how to start.

if you use the bluetooth, you can log automatically and post on n54 or send to burger for review.

7. Finally, does anyone know if the bluetooth interface for the JB4 is compatible with the newest version of the JB4 for the m235i (the version with the OBDII CANBUS interface?) It seems like it would make logging a lot easier.
Yes it does, I use it. Yes much easier
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 04:27 PM   #3
dAPEX
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i with FBO

Garage List
2015 BMW m235i  [0.00]
[QUOTE=Pparana;19488836]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAPEX View Post
1. What safeguards are part of the BMS methanol kit and JB4?

the Fail safe will revert the map to 0, I have run out before.

yeah, the car has no power

only runs on map 3 (progressive meth mapping)

yes and the fsb, which gets power from jb4

yes
two cm5 nozzles would be better you can run one cm10 or two cm5 possibly cm7 and cm5 for dd depending on use and when you activate (psi)

if you use the bluetooth, you can log automatically and post on n54 or send to burger for review.

Yes it does, I use it. Yes much easier
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 06:20 PM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Pparana the thread killer (AKA all questions were answered).
Appreciate 0