THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Side Skirt Popped Out

02-21-2016, 12:02 AM   #1
an4691
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C in HS

Side Skirt Popped Out

Hi folks,

I had my first "incident" with my car this evening . I turned a bit too tight and got the side skirt over the curb. I guess while moving away then, it pulled on the skirt and some of it's fastening clips closer to the rear wheel popped out. Luckily there was no damage at all to the paint.

I pushed the skirts clips back in but theres the one spot that looks like it's still protruding a bit, as if the clip there hasn't secured and when I press in at the spot, it doesn't feel like theres a clip at that spot.

I think it's because I pressed in the clips starting at the rear wheel and working up towards the front, leaving a spot that's popping out a bit. Does this sound plausible ? Please let me know what you think could be the cause ? None of the clips broke and I'm pretty sure I popped in all the clips.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 04:54 AM   #2
Cloud IX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Quickest Stock Turbo F8X

I think you right. You should have popped them back in from the front to the protruding side. It is possible you broke a clip. Try popping them back out to see if any clips broke, or you lost a mount where the clip is supposed to go into.