THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 2017 230 Review

10-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #23
Tpeterson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport/THP/MT/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
I've done the LCAs and agree it's a great mod. I just read on the Dinan site about Shockware and tried to submit a question, but their site Catcha security is so effective, it won't accept a submission, so perhaps I can ask here? Dinan says Shockware affects Normal and Sport settings. But, we have Ecopro, Comfort, Sport, and Sport+...nothing called "Normal". Can you describe what Shockware does to each of our four settings? Thanks!
Before I had the Dinan Shockware installed (Summer 2015}, they described it as making Comfort like the OE Sport and the Sport and Sport+ being the Dinan settings.I believe that is what I've noticed.The new settings seem to effect cornering rather than ride quality. My wife doesn't seem to notice any difference when I switch modes,she just says it's the most comfortable and smoothest riding car we've ever owned.(A lot of that has to do with silent engine) I would definitely would
recommend the Shock Tune especially since you can't go with the lowering springs( Michigan roads?). And for a Dinan mod it's cheap!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 08:16 PM   #24
BarryJI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i M Sport

Thanks for the callout, Viffermike.

It is very difficult to quantify the effect of Shockware alone on the 228i's suspension dynamics. Certainly it is beneficial but limited with stock springs/bump stops. Dinan is every bit as much a suspension tuning shop as an engine tuning one so if you can justify the expense, a full spring replacement plus Dinan bump stops and Shockware is the best way to dial out all the roll, dive and understeer. No single mod has been as transformative for me; the car goes exactly where I'm pointing it, very promptly and with no energy wasted on unwanted wallowing and rolling. It's much more planted and everyday maneuvers like quick lane-changes, sudden deceleration and committed overtakes feel like they would in a purpose-built sports car as opposed to a luxury coupe.

2015 BMW 228i M Sport w/Track Handling Package
DAP | Lighting | Premium | Tech
DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 | DINAN Shockware | DINAN Free Flow Exhaust | DINAN Performance Spring Set + Ride Quality and Handling Kit
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 12:38 PM   #25
jase2addict
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2Comp

I've had my 230i for a week. I have a quick question. When I start my car it starts shaking. It seems like a motor mount or something is broken. This is brand new car. Any advice?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 07:40 PM   #26
rams
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e34 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase2addict View Post
I've had my 230i for a week. I have a quick question. When I start my car it starts shaking. It seems like a motor mount or something is broken. This is brand new car. Any advice?
Take it to back to the dealership
Appreciate 0