THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning I'm getting a hot and cold side charge pipes. Will it help my car run better on BM3 s

08-08-2021, 02:14 PM   #1
g80_nick
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition

I'm getting a hot and cold side charge pipes. Will it help my car run better on BM3 s

Hey guys so i'm getting both hot and cold side upgraded charge pipes because my shop recommended them since the stock ones are horrible. I also have a VRSF 6.5" Competition Intercooler. With these upgrades, will it make my car run a little better when i run my BM3 E30 and BM3 Stage 2 maps?

Let me know!

Thank you so much
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 02:42 PM   #2
Rowie01
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_f22 View Post
Hey guys so i'm getting both hot and cold side upgraded charge pipes because my shop recommended them since the stock ones are horrible. I also have a VRSF 6.5" Competition Intercooler. With these upgrades, will it make my car run a little better when i run my BM3 E30 and BM3 Stage 2 maps?

Let me know!

Thank you so much
Quote:

Let me know!

Thank you so much
The charge pipe change means you won't have to worry about it breaking like they all do with more boost. Without the BM3 I can't say I noticed much difference in immediate performance from the VRSF charge pipe, boost pipe and intercooler I added, but what is noticeable is that after a bunch of runs when the car is getting hot it still keeps pulling hard - the more consistent IATs with an intercooler makes a difference over multiple runs or on a track to keep the power that is available always available.

Adding the BM3 tune will make a very big difference. I also have an Active Autowerks catted downpipe and so can run BM3 stage 2 multimap. Compared to stock It pulls very hard indeed - smokes the tires in first and second, plus you get the anti-lag feature which is quite the thing, although I wish they'd set that up to use the 2nd position in cruise control (requires a light touch instead of simply pushing it).

Definitely enjoying the change that it all makes but now trying to figure out running E30 fuel to see if I can get more power.

Hope this helps!
      08-08-2021, 04:16 PM   #3
g80_nick
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowie01 View Post
Quote:

Let me know!

Thank you so much
Quote:

Let me know!

Thank you so much
The charge pipe change means you won't have to worry about it breaking like they all do with more boost. Without the BM3 I can't say I noticed much difference in immediate performance from the VRSF charge pipe, boost pipe and intercooler I added, but what is noticeable is that after a bunch of runs when the car is getting hot it still keeps pulling hard - the more consistent IATs with an intercooler makes a difference over multiple runs or on a track to keep the power that is available always available.

Adding the BM3 tune will make a very big difference. I also have an Active Autowerks catted downpipe and so can run BM3 stage 2 multimap. Compared to stock It pulls very hard indeed - smokes the tires in first and second, plus you get the anti-lag feature which is quite the thing, although I wish they'd set that up to use the 2nd position in cruise control (requires a light touch instead of simply pushing it).

Definitely enjoying the change that it all makes but now trying to figure out running E30 fuel to see if I can get more power.

Hope this helps!
Oh okay! Right now i'm just running the OTS BM3 tunes but do you think it makes a difference to run the stage 2 on the multimap vs the normal OTS Stage 2 tunes?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 09:18 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Charge pipe and Boost pipe won't add any power regardless of which map you run.

The shop is asking that you upgrade them because it's a matter of time before they fail and start leaking causing a loss in power.

if you car run better after the upgrade, that's a sign that the stock ones were leaking

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0