THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Flying in a Blue Dream

05-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #23
Orange10mm
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT LBB

Nice, love the look! With orange being my favorite color (wasn't obvious was it?), I am really hoping the 2018 M240 I will be ordering as soon as it becomes available will be offered in Valencia Orange, but I'm not holding my breath. Instead, I'm already prepared to go with my backup plan of Mineral Grey. I was planning to add some orange accents to the car after I get it and was thinking of starting with the calipers. I was also planning to have the M Performance body upgrades put on at the port before I receive the car, but your post now has me pausing a bit on that one...

Couple questions:
1) I'm pretty handy with tools and have worked on/owned many vehicles (2 wheels on up to 4) over the years so I've got pretty much everything tool-wise in the garage aside from a lift. That said, what does it take to get the body parts installed if I want to order them later and have them painted to be installed myself rather than BMW?
2) Given how the body parts are installed, and also assuming I want to have them painted...what is your opinion on whether I should have them installed by BMW at the port or just buy them after the fact and install myself? Obviously the former will require unmounting them from the car to have them painted then re-mounting. The latter, however, will potentially cost a couple hundred bucks more.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #24
fullstack
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: around in circles.

Im waiting on an eb m240i and I wondered what orange accents would look like on it. Car looks nice and loud. I think you should finish it off with the vo mirror caps and possibly even paint what you have blue on the front splitter. It would look a little less "busy" imo.

Does anyone else hate how the mp splitter doesnt cover the fangs all the way to the back?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 09:38 PM   #25
breezygirl
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASH65 View Post
This pic you can see how the orange is not quite a reddish as it appears in the other pics. This is more like the actual color. (At least it appears so on my laptop screen when comparing to the other pics.)
It's gorgeous, love the orange!!
      05-08-2017, 09:23 AM   #26
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

Very different.

I would commit to the orange, do the mirror caps, the rear spoiler and grill.

You need to do something with the reflectors.
Need springs or thicker sidewall, that wheels gap is tremendous.
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 1
MASHCT624.00
      05-09-2017, 12:34 PM   #27
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Do the Brakes and you will bring it all together

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 06:12 PM   #28
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdPedalAddict View Post
Im waiting on an eb m240i and I wondered what orange accents would look like on it. Car looks nice and loud. I think you should finish it off with the vo mirror caps and possibly even paint what you have blue on the front splitter. It would look a little less "busy" imo.

Does anyone else hate how the mp splitter doesnt cover the fangs all the way to the back?
I have the BMW carbon fiber mirror caps now. Not painting those puppies.

Just know this - a paint job like this, your car gets noticed. I literally get out of my car & someone will inevitably say "I saw you on 91" or "I see your car all over".

Then again, I CONSTANTLY get compliments from cars passing by, or pedestrians. I'll come out of a store or restaurant & people are taking pics of my car.

Definitely makes you grin a little having something unique & that looks sharp.
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 06:16 PM   #29
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange10mm View Post
Nice, love the look! With orange being my favorite color (wasn't obvious was it?), I am really hoping the 2018 M240 I will be ordering as soon as it becomes available will be offered in Valencia Orange, but I'm not holding my breath. Instead, I'm already prepared to go with my backup plan of Mineral Grey. I was planning to add some orange accents to the car after I get it and was thinking of starting with the calipers. I was also planning to have the M Performance body upgrades put on at the port before I receive the car, but your post now has me pausing a bit on that one...

Couple questions:
1) I'm pretty handy with tools and have worked on/owned many vehicles (2 wheels on up to 4) over the years so I've got pretty much everything tool-wise in the garage aside from a lift. That said, what does it take to get the body parts installed if I want to order them later and have them painted to be installed myself rather than BMW?
2) Given how the body parts are installed, and also assuming I want to have them painted...what is your opinion on whether I should have them installed by BMW at the port or just buy them after the fact and install myself? Obviously the former will require unmounting them from the car to have them painted then re-mounting. The latter, however, will potentially cost a couple hundred bucks more.

Thanks in advance!
I bought mine while my car was being built. Took them to a reputable, respected body shop & they painted them for me. Superb job. $770 for all parts.

Installation is easy - they use automotive adhesive tape and the side blades also use screws. The rear valence uses screws & clips.

You HAVE to take your time and prep the surfaces properly. There are videos on youtube, which I watched first just to get a feel for it & see any tips/tricks.

If you're even mildly handy, you can do it. I wouldn't pay anyone more than $100 installation. The front lip is the hardest one to be sure you place it with the most minimal of gaps.
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 06:17 PM   #30
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9GunSlinger View Post
Awesome, is this on stock suspension no spacers? I was thinking of going the same wheels 18x8 and squaring them up on the tires and stock suspension. what tires would you recommend running? 245 40? thanks!
No spacers & the car is not lowered (yet). OEM tires as they are still new (I use separate winter tires). I will, though, use same size up front as the rears to get rid of the minor stretch & allow rotation.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #31
lennyf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i

Who am I to judge.....
Make it your own !!!
Appreciate 1
MASHCT624.00
      05-25-2017, 10:06 PM   #32
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
Very different.

I would commit to the orange, do the mirror caps, the rear spoiler and grill.

You need to do something with the reflectors.
Need springs or thicker sidewall, that wheels gap is tremendous.
Here you go!

Reflectors - check. LOL

I just couldn't take the pressure any more. LOL
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
bryan_G011164.50
      05-26-2017, 09:06 AM   #33
Zandar
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Midnight Blue 230i

Garage List
2017 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
This pic you can see how the orange is not quite a reddish as it appears in the other pics. This is more like the actual color. (At least it appears so on my laptop screen when comparing to the other pics.)
A Gators fan dream car!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #34
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
A Gators fan dream car!

oh my god I could slaughter you for saying that. I hate the gators. I could not STAND Spurrier.. always had that sour puss on his face you just wanted to punch off of him. LOL

He needed a punch in the puss from sexual harassment Panda.

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #35
Zandar
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
oh my god I could slaughter you for saying that. I hate the gators. I could not STAND Spurrier.. always had that sour puss on his face you just wanted to punch off of him. LOL

He needed a punch in the puss from sexual harassment Panda.

LOL! I knew that would get a rise out of someone!
Appreciate 1
MASHCT624.00
      05-26-2017, 08:41 PM   #36
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
LOL! I knew that would get a rise out of someone!
Now I'm gonna have to change the orange to .... hmmm.... that vibrant lime green. (Wait... aren't blue/lime green the seahawk's colors... goddammit...)

Last edited by MASHCT; 05-27-2017 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 12:42 PM   #37
Zandar
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
Now I'm gonna have to change the orange to .... hmmm.... that vibrant lime green. (Wait... isn't that the seahawk's colors... goddammit...)
LOL! I'm so sorry Now you won't be able to unsee the Gator colors!
Appreciate 1
MASHCT624.00
      05-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #38
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Wink Sweet...

I'd have to smoking "Blue Dream" to do that to my car.

Appreciate 0