THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum First Bimmercode attempt on 2018 M240i vert

10-02-2017, 11:23 AM   #1
Ron Jeffries
Old Member. Old in general, actually.
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i xDrive convertible

First Bimmercode attempt on 2018 M240i vert

Had great difficulty finding the OBD without lying on the garage floor, which is right out. It's now on the far left driver's side pointing down, about 4 or 6 inches back from the edge. The iCar thing went in nicely once I found the hole.

Then one connects to the iCar's wifi, named V-Link, and then tell Bimmercode to connect. It does so readily.

It seemed to understand everything except that it said Unknown ECU on the Display Unit. I've sent a support note to see about that.

I turned off the fake sound, and set the flag to fold the mirrors on Comfort Access. Nothing seemed to happen until I held the lock button down, which of course also started putting the top up. Then they folded. I hope they unfold again.

So I must not quite understand what's going on there.

Anyway, so far so good!

In other news, the exhaust is quite tame compared to the 135is and something may need to be done about that. Or I could just face how old I am and that I don't really need a raucous car. But my wife liked the 135's sound as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 11:44 AM   #2
19bis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i; 2018 230i

Open the driver's side door for light & use your phone's selfie mode to look under the dash & locate the OBD port. Beats lying on the ground, especially for us older people.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 03:57 PM   #3
Ron Jeffries
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bis View Post
Open the driver's side door for light & use your phone's selfie mode to look under the dash & locate the OBD port. Beats lying on the ground, especially for us older people.
I have a mirror on a handle in my tool chest, used that. Later today I put the V-Link back in without looking. Once you know where it is, it's pretty easy.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 09:01 PM   #4
ctemkin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Thanks for the info about holding down the lock button. Fortunately, at least as regards this item, I have a coupe rather than a convertible, so I don't have to put the top down to get the mirrors to close. When I unlocked the car, the mirrors opened immediately. I don't know that this is the fault of Bimmercode; I would guess that all it can do is to activate the system that BMW built into the car.

But if anyone figures out how to get the mirrors to close automatically when the car is locked, I am all ears.

I really got Bimmercode to get rid of the ASD, and that worked perfectly, and so I am quite pleased with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 04:20 AM   #5
Ron Jeffries
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctemkin View Post
Thanks for the info about holding down the lock button. Fortunately, at least as regards this item, I have a coupe rather than a convertible, so I don't have to put the top down to get the mirrors to close. When I unlocked the car, the mirrors opened immediately. I don't know that this is the fault of Bimmercode; I would guess that all it can do is to activate the system that BMW built into the car.

But if anyone figures out how to get the mirrors to close automatically when the car is locked, I am all ears.

I really got Bimmercode to get rid of the ASD, and that worked perfectly, and so I am quite pleased with it.
Yes ASD was my main purpose as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 06:25 PM   #6
Ron Jeffries
Rep

Today I learned that Daytime Running Lights in Bimmercode means angel eyes, and if you turn them off the iDrive can't turn them back on. Fortunately Bimmercode can.

I set them to 100%. No idea what the default is.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 08:21 PM   #7
Nyorky2428
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeffries View Post
Today I learned that Daytime Running Lights in Bimmercode means angel eyes, and if you turn them off the iDrive can't turn them back on. Fortunately Bimmercode can.

I set them to 100%. No idea what the default is.
Default DRL level is 100%, so good choice!

You can turn them off and on via iDrive, no need to use Bimmercode for it
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 03:55 PM   #8
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctemkin View Post

You have to use comfort access to get the mirrors to fold. Basically, you have to hold your finger on the ribs for a few seconds. This assumes that you ave enabled folding mirrors via bimmercode.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #9
Ron Jeffries
Rep

yes. issue is the top tries to go up too
Appreciate 0