THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning NEW RELEASE: Free Flow Exhaust / Mid-Pipe (F22 M240i)

07-17-2017, 07:36 PM   #155
Vyruz Reaper
Reverse Homer
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9GunSlinger View Post
does anyone else get a popping on idle after cold start up? something i just noticed when getting off work this morning . when i press the ignition i usually get a little bRAAPPP on the initial start up, but today i got the initial noise and like little consistent blarts half a second - a second apart for like 10 seconds until i drove off.

normal?
yeah it'll settle in.

Did you go to the place I told you to visit?
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2017, 04:32 AM   #156
K9GunSlinger
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 MG 6-Spd

Dinan_Engineering

Hi, I got the dinan mid pipe installed by an authorized dealer a couple weeks ago and was just curious if this was out of the ordinary. I get some metallic clanging noises when I go over bumps or dips in the road like the mid pipe is hitting the cross member or something. I also get a constant blart noise upon cold start up. I can hear the sound coming from below the shifter from inside the cabin. it is only when the car has been siting for a couple hours then when I start the car up I hear it for the first ten seconds and then it goes away.

is all of this normal and will go away in time? or could something be loose.. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 09:16 AM   #157
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Dinan_Engineering

Hi, I got the dinan mid pipe installed by an authorized dealer a couple weeks ago and was just curious if this was out of the ordinary. I get some metallic clanging noises when I go over bumps or dips in the road like the mid pipe is hitting the cross member or something. I also get a constant blart noise upon cold start up. I can hear the sound coming from below the shifter from inside the cabin. it is only when the car has been siting for a couple hours then when I start the car up I hear it for the first ten seconds and then it goes away.

is all of this normal and will go away in time? or could something be loose.. thanks!
Responded to your email inquiry.
Appreciate 3
      10-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #158
nikman011
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 STi - IAG Trojan

Dinan_Engineering will the free flow exhaust & mid-pipe be required for install of the Stage 2 Elite (on the m240i), or just the free flow exhaust and in-take? Any idea when the in-take & stage 2 might be released?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 09:45 AM   #159
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikman011 View Post
Dinan_Engineering will the free flow exhaust & mid-pipe be required for install of the Stage 2 Elite (on the m240i), or just the free flow exhaust and in-take? Any idea when the in-take & stage 2 might be released?
If history is any indication then intake will be required for stage 2. Exhaust will be recommended. Intake/stage 2 will be q1 2018. About as specific as I can get I'm afraid.
Appreciate 2
      10-25-2017, 03:18 AM   #160
K9GunSlinger
Lieutenant
Rep

Dinan_Engineering

I just noticed this as the mornings are getting cooler here, but since installing the Dinan Mid Pipe, all the exhaust fumes are pretty much coming out of my right exhaust pipe. If i put my hand to each exhaust tip, i can feel the heat and air flowing out the right tip while the left tip barely has anything coming out. Is this normal or should i need to take it in to have it looked at?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 08:41 AM   #161
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dinan_Engineering

I just noticed this as the mornings are getting cooler here, but since installing the Dinan Mid Pipe, all the exhaust fumes are pretty much coming out of my right exhaust pipe. If i put my hand to each exhaust tip, i can feel the heat and air flowing out the right tip while the left tip barely has anything coming out. Is this normal or should i need to take it in to have it looked at?

Thank you
Normal. The right tip is the path of least resistance so upon startup that is where most of the exhaust gasses are naturally going to exit. As the can fills up with gasses some of the flow will be forced to the other side as well and it will even out.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2017, 09:09 AM   #162
AlexM240i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Dinan_Engineering

Thank you
I think that also has to do with the fact the stock muffler has a valve, which closes one side in determined driving conditions.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2017, 09:38 AM   #163
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM240i View Post
I think that also has to do with the fact the stock muffler has a valve, which closes one side in determined driving conditions.
I just assumed the Dinan axleback was on the vehicle as well but if the stock muffler is in play then yes the valve is at play since at startup only one path is open.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2017, 10:56 AM   #164
nikman011
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just had this installed yesterday, ..... HOLY HELL, the sound, ..... videos do not do it justice, .... anyway, ...... ready for InTake and Stage2 Dinan_Engineering, .... I NEED IT, ... LOL, ..... well, I do not need it, but damn I cant wait until you release it
Appreciate 2
      11-19-2017, 07:03 AM   #165
Cycle Pilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikman011 View Post
Just had this installed yesterday, ..... HOLY HELL, the sound, ..... videos do not do it justice, .... anyway, ...... ready for InTake and Stage2 Dinan_Engineering, .... I NEED IT, ... LOL, ..... well, I do not need it, but damn I cant wait until you release it
Did you have the full Dinan exhaust installed or just the mid-pipe? I'm debating on what to do. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 08:11 AM   #166
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M240i, AT, BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle Pilot View Post
Did you have the full Dinan exhaust installed or just the mid-pipe? I'm debating on what to do. Thanks.
If you're unsure, you could get the mid-pipe first and then if you're not happy with just that, get the muffler. They don't have to be done at the same time.
My 2017 M240i: MHD, xHP, Modded OE Intake, AA GESi 400 CPSI Cat DP, Dinan Mid-pipe, M Performance LSD & Rear Diffuser, BMS Exhaust Tips, Apex EC-7 Wheels, M-Tech Front Lip, iND Painted Mirror Caps, Smoked Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 08:16 AM   #167
AlexM240i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Dinan Midpipe with M Performance muffler sounds amazing !! It's like having a AK47 in the back of the car....
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 02:22 PM   #168
nikman011
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterWT View Post
Quote:
If you're unsure, you could get the mid-pipe first and then if you're not happy with just that, get the muffler. They don't have to be done at the same time.
I went with both because I really only wanted the Dinan exhaust, but I lease, so if I do not keep the car, I will have to restore, and with the full
Mid pipe and exhaust there are no cuts at all. I am really digging the full replace too, and most likely will keep the car as my last ever fossil fuel burning vehicle
      11-27-2017, 12:39 AM   #169
Cycle Pilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Dinan Midpipe with M Performance muffler sounds amazing !! It's like having a AK47 in the back of the car....
I ended up using the Black Friday sales and got the MPE with the Dinan mid pipe. Did you install them yourself? Any fit issues when installing?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #170
AlexM240i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I ended up using the Black Friday sales and got the MPE with the Dinan mid pipe. Did you install them yourself? Any fit issues when installing?
That's the best combination !!! It's gonna sound sick !

There will be an issue pairing the Dinan midpipe with the MPE since both have the same diameter and the MPE comes with a pre-welded clamp.

I strongly recommend taking the car to an exhaust shop to do the labor.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 10:53 AM   #171
Cycle Pilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That's the best combination !!! It's gonna sound sick !

There will be an issue pairing the Dinan midpipe with the MPE since both have the same diameter and the MPE comes with a pre-welded clamp.

I strongly recommend taking the car to an exhaust shop to do the labor.
Thanks for the heads up. My nephew has a shop so we might try it over there.
Appreciate 1
AlexM240i101.50
      12-02-2017, 09:29 PM   #172
K9GunSlinger
Lieutenant
Rep

Dinan_Engineering

one other thing i noticed, on cold start up i get a very loud metallic tinging/tapping for about 10-15 seconds and then it goes away (sounds like its coming out of the left exhaust).. normal as well?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 09:56 AM   #173
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dinan_Engineering

one other thing i noticed, on cold start up i get a very loud metallic tinging/tapping for about 10-15 seconds and then it goes away (sounds like its coming out of the left exhaust).. normal as well?
Shouldn't be. Sounds like something is hitting and once it gets hot the exhaust is growing away from whatever it is hitting. Should take it back to the installer to check out but again it sounds like its probably a clearance issue and just needs to be adjusted slightly.
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #174
DailySleeper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240xi

Installing the mid-pipes tomorrow morning. Can't. Freakin. Wait.

That is all.

P.S. Can we get a cold air intake teaser?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #175
WolfGTI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F22,15 E84 M Sport,02 R53

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
2002 MINI Cooper S  [0.00]
2015 BMW X1  [0.00]
I had the same issue - a little rotation of the pipe solved it.

Quote:
Dinan_Engineering

Appreciate 1
      12-12-2017, 11:57 PM   #176
AbuQutaita
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i

Garage List
2018 BMW M240i  [0.00]
I got this installed on Tuesday, and for the most part, it sounds awesome. I've noticed that under hard braking though, there's a rather noticeable vibration/buzzing sound audible in the cabin. I'm assuming that's not expected... any tips on what to do to fix it? My first thought is that there's not enough clearance between the rear midpipe and the cross member, but I wasn't sure why it was only making this noise when braking.
Appreciate 0