THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Tuning.....

05-21-2018, 02:17 AM   #1
Kidu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i EBII, RWD, 6spd

Tuning.....

Hello all!
I have a 2015 M235i with a DInan exhaust. I have thought about an intake and then a tune but I am conflicted between the 'BMW-kind-of-approved' but insanely expensive Dinan and the much cheaper BMS JB4 which it looks like I can put in myself, especially since my warranty ends this year.
Any ideas/suggestions or pros/cons? I was thinking of the P2 Dinan Package and E-Series JB4.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 05:13 AM   #2
frenchfry675
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidu View Post
Hello all!
I have a 2015 M235i with a DInan exhaust. I have thought about an intake and then a tune but I am conflicted between the 'BMW-kind-of-approved' but insanely expensive Dinan and the much cheaper BMS JB4 which it looks like I can put in myself, especially since my warranty ends this year.
Any ideas/suggestions or pros/cons? I was thinking of the P2 Dinan Package and E-Series JB4.

Thanks!
Nothing is really bmw approved technically. Dinan has their own warranty to match bmws. I just did bm3 tune on mine and it is night and day difference from my jb4. I would say get a flash tune before a piggy back. As for an intake some cars don't like them. I have a injen intake and my car gets a cel and runs like shit so I got a drop in filter. Dinan intake is one of the only ones that you won't have an issue with. If you can get one used it's not such a hit to your wallet. You won't really gain hp but they do sound nice.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 11:11 PM   #3
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

If you think you're going to add more mods later look into the BM3. It's a tuning platform that can grow with you and is easy to install. You can start with a single tune and then pay an additional $50 to have access to all off the shelf tunes for your car.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0