THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Forge blow-off valve (BOV) for BMW m235i F22 review

08-18-2016, 10:25 AM   #45
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

There is also the GFB DV+. A lot of people found there stock DV was leaking. So it's a worthy upgrade once your car has some miles on it. Lowers WGDC, increases boost where it should be and increases response. Install isn't the hardest but it's not a quick install. Plan on a few hours.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 03:46 PM   #46
EM58NDS 135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 M135i

Is the Forge BOV compatible with PWG N55 models or just EWG? I have a 2012 PWG M135i...
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 07:56 AM   #47
KAY-OS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM58NDS 135i View Post
Is the Forge BOV compatible with PWG N55 models or just EWG? I have a 2012 PWG M135i...
Best email Forge. They have good customer service and should be able to help you.

By the way, a few weeks ago, I noticed no BOV 'pppsstt' sound. Took it to the shop. Turns out the BOV was loose (top part is hand tightened to the bottom part). The mechanic made sure it was tight this time and all is good now. I had the Forge BOV for a few yrs now and this is the only time something came up. For those who installed it, make sure you tightened the top part as much as humanly possible.
2014 BMW M235i auto. JB4 & EWG connector + BMS BEF (EWG Race 10 map) + BMS WMI kit (dual BM5 nozzles, 80% meth mix, Boost additive 50, Scaling 60, min flow boost 6.5psi), 98 RON/93 oct pump gas, intake, ER CP, Forge BOV, Wagner Evo II competition intercooler, ER kitty-less DP, eisenmann exhaust, quaife LSD
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 07:45 AM   #48
beMtroubleYou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C '18

Garage List
2018 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipphreak View Post
Sooo the point of this valve is merely to give an air release sound on spoolup of the turbo.
Sort of.

Sole point of it is preventing pressured(w high speed) air hitting the turbo "fins" when you release throttle. The psssh sound is a bi-product and is optional depending on valve.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 06:34 PM   #49
Rahstyles.Com
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 M sport

Where can one get this installed in socal? Any shops please?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 06:43 PM   #50
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Renting Corolla lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahstyles.Com View Post
Where can one get this installed in socal? Any shops please?
You should download the install instructions and show the garages in your area. That's what I had to do, most likely they haven't done it before.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 07:53 PM   #51
serrated
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
There is also the GFB DV+. A lot of people found there stock DV was leaking. So it's a worthy upgrade once your car has some miles on it. Lowers WGDC, increases boost where it should be and increases response. Install isn't the hardest but it's not a quick install. Plan on a few hours.
I have a lift in my garage and it still took me ~10hrs. I think it really depends on which car you have. The 335i install video I found looked a lot easier. It was a lot tighter on my m235i. Unbolting the water pump didn't help because mine has a third bolt at the top and so it wouldn't move much and I couldn't get to the top bolt. Also, he 335i vids show moving the water pump down and out of the way but there isn't room on the m235i. Subframe brace, power steering rack, water hoses, radiator, fan shroud, and all kinds of other BS were in the way so I ended up sawing a couple Allen keys short for left bolt, and a combination of sketchy extensions and u-joints and at crappy angles for the u-joints which wore them out. It sucked. My knuckles and hands and arms are all bruised and cut and scraped up. I'm going to post a video with pictures and video from the install so people can see what they're getting into.

This made the charge pipes and downpipe feel absolutely trivial in comparison lol
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #52
Rahstyles.Com
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated View Post
I have a lift in my garage and it still took me ~10hrs. I think it really depends on which car you have. The 335i install video I found looked a lot easier. It was a lot tighter on my m235i. Unbolting the water pump didn't help because mine has a third bolt at the top and so it wouldn't move much and I couldn't get to the top bolt. Also, he 335i vids show moving the water pump down and out of the way but there isn't room on the m235i. Subframe brace, power steering rack, water hoses, radiator, fan shroud, and all kinds of other BS were in the way so I ended up sawing a couple Allen keys short for left bolt, and a combination of sketchy extensions and u-joints and at crappy angles for the u-joints which wore them out. It sucked. My knuckles and hands and arms are all bruised and cut and scraped up. I'm going to post a video with pictures and video from the install so people can see what they're getting into.

This made the charge pipes and downpipe feel absolutely trivial in comparison lol
So whats it going to cost me if i asked you to install it?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 03:56 PM   #53
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Renting Corolla lol

It's really hard to get to cause it's under the engine and everything around it is cramped together cause the body is more compact than F30's. It makes a really sick sound, almost addictive. Everytime you release the throttle, the valve gives off a very pronounced high pitched hissing sound that turns the heads of people on the side walk or their drive ways even at low speeds. It's a very rare mod to have on any BMW let alone a 2 series. It's amazing.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 04:22 PM   #54
serrated
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahstyles.Com View Post
So whats it going to cost me if i asked you to install it?
I'd do it for some pure stage 2 turbos
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 04:49 PM   #55
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

i have one for sale brand new..

i'l never get to installing it, pm me for info.
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0