THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion NY Lawyer Rant

05-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #23
JuanK20
Second Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post

lmfao @ walking around NY harassing people. how shit does you life have to be.

dude looks more foreign than the guy he was harassing.
The funny thing is that the guy he was harassing is American lol. He just looked "foreign" cuz of his beard I guess.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 08:33 PM   #24
Sea-Tac
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
He's free to say anything he wants but he is not free of consequence from that speech.

Precisely!
Appreciate 1
MKSixer6991.00

05-19-2018, 08:52 PM   #25
Sea-Tac
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Depends on if we expect attorneys to meet the highest standards of ethics and knowing and respecting the law.

If yes, then threatening action with no facts when no harm was done is grounds for being disbarred, if not then we're a 3rd world country.

These days America could go either way.
These are the grounds for disbarment in this state. Don't know what the grounds are for NY. Probably similar.

What we don't know is what's in this guy's bar file. If this is the only complaint I would most likely suspect a suspension for misconduct because rules of professional conduct prohibit any conduct demonstrating unfitness to practice law.

====================

RCW 2.48.220
Grounds of disbarment or suspension.

RCWs > Title 2 > Chapter 2.48 > Section 2.48.220

An attorney or counselor may be disbarred or suspended for any of the following causes arising after his or her admission to practice:

(1) His or her conviction of a felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, in which case the record of conviction shall be conclusive evidence.

(2) Willful disobedience or violation of an order of the court requiring him or her to do or forbear an act connected with, or in the course of, his or her profession, which he or she ought in good faith to do or forbear.

(3) Violation of his or her oath as an attorney, or of his or her duties as an attorney and counselor.

(4) Corruptly or willfully, and without authority, appearing as attorney for a party to an action or proceeding.

(5) Lending his or her name to be used as attorney and counselor by another person who is not an attorney and counselor.

(6) For the commission of any act involving moral turpitude, dishonesty, or corruption, whether the same be committed in the course of his or her relations as an attorney or counselor at law, or otherwise, and whether the same constitute a felony or misdemeanor or not; and if the act constitute a felony or misdemeanor, conviction thereof in a criminal proceeding shall not be a condition precedent to disbarment or suspension from practice therefor.

(7) Misrepresentation or concealment of a material fact made in his or her application for admission or in support thereof.

(8) Disbarment by a foreign court of competent jurisdiction.

(9) Practicing law with or in cooperation with a disbarred or suspended attorney, or maintaining an office for the practice of law in a room or office occupied or used in whole or in part by a disbarred or suspended attorney, or permitting a disbarred or suspended attorney to use his or her name for the practice of law, or practicing law for or on behalf of a disbarred or suspended attorney, or practicing law under any arrangement or understanding for division of fees or compensation of any kind with a disbarred or suspended attorney or with any person not a licensed attorney.

(10) Gross incompetency in the practice of the profession.

(11) Violation of the ethics of the profession.

[ 2011 c 336 68; 1921 c 126 14; 1909 c 139 7; RRS 139-14.]

====================
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 10:56 PM   #26
och
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 X6M  [0.00]
2013 Suzuki Bouleva ...  [0.00]
2012 X5 xDrive50i  [0.00]
I doubt he's even a lawyer, probably a paralegal at best. Typical cocaine high a-hole.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 01:01 AM   #27
Sea-Tac
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by och View Post
I doubt he's even a lawyer, probably a paralegal at best. Typical cocaine high a-hole.

https://www.aaronschlossberglaw.com/...lossberg.shtml
Appreciate 0