THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Proper endlink size for KW Coilovers

05-14-2018, 09:45 AM   #1
Sail Boat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Proper endlink size for KW Coilovers

Hi all,

Can anyone advise on proper endlink size for KW coilovers?

Installed mine over the weekend and the stock endlink is definitely too long - probably by an inch or more.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

They should utilize the factory end links, I would think? I've never heard of an aftermarket coilover, designed for direct fit to a vehicle, requiring a modified or different end link..

I'd be on the horn with KW, or the vendor you purchased them, through to assist you through this..
      05-17-2018, 09:27 AM   #3
Sail Boat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
They should utilize the factory end links, I would think? I've never heard of an aftermarket coilover, designed for direct fit to a vehicle, requiring a modified or different end link..

I'd be on the horn with KW, or the vendor you purchased them, through to assist you through this..
Agree.

To be fair, the OE endlink can fit - the balljoints are just totally maxed out inward and the sway bar was pushed down quite a bit (not under load).

I dropped Turner Motorsports a line and ordered the endlinks they use with their fleet of M235iRs, which use the clubsport variant of the V3's (same enlink mounting tab). These links are about 4 inches shorter overall and fit well. Under load, the balljoints and bolts are near perpendicular to the link shaft.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #4
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail Boat View Post
Agree.

To be fair, the OE endlink can fit - the balljoints are just totally maxed out inward and the sway bar was pushed down quite a bit (not under load).

I dropped Turner Motorsports a line and ordered the endlinks they use with their fleet of M235iRs, which use the clubsport variant of the V3's (same enlink mounting tab). These links are about 4 inches shorter overall and fit well. Under load, the balljoints and bolts are near perpendicular to the link shaft.
Keep us posted man. If those m235iR links are big dollars, you can try the Hotchkis steel adjustable end links as well, or compare pricing etc. I used them along with their sway bars and they look beefy enough to outlast the car, proper sealed/metal ball joints and all. It's laughable that our cars had plastic end links front/rear, so sad looking lol