THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery 228i + 18" 385 wheel option

04-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
Krisms
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 228i

i recently ordered a 228i with the 18" 385 light alloy wheels as option. my dealer's order form has the option written but the bmw website tracking does not show it. dealer confirmed it's part of the order. does anyone know if this is something they just install here in the states or could the website have just missed it?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
SuitedUp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport

Granted, I got the MSport, which adds the 18" wheels. But it doesn't mention any wheels on my website info either.

My dealer sent me a copy of the order form, and it was on that though.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #3
Krisms
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedUp
Granted, I got the MSport, which adds the 18" wheels. But it doesn't mention any wheels on my website info either.

My dealer sent me a copy of the order form, and it was on that though.
mine is just solely the 18" wheel option. i would think that if you opted just for that option that the site will show it. just like if you ordered for just heated seats and nothing else. the m sport package on the other hand will automatically include everything in that package and would not require the site to show all that's in it.

congrats on the m sport by the way! i would have gone that way if my wife and i didn't have to buy an x3 as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 09:33 PM   #4
SuitedUp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport

It does list details though..

M Sport
Highlight trim finishers Estoril Blue matte
Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss
Highlight trim finishers Oxide Silver matt
Rear spoiler
Aerodynamic kit
Anthracite headliner
Sport seats
M steering wheel
M sport suspension
Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 01:08 AM   #5
Krisms
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedUp
It does list details though..

M Sport
Highlight trim finishers Estoril Blue matte
Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss
Highlight trim finishers Oxide Silver matt
Rear spoiler
Aerodynamic kit
Anthracite headliner
Sport seats
M steering wheel
M sport suspension
Adaptive M Suspension
ah i see. thanks for clarifying.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #6
SteveAustin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i

Port Installed Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisms View Post
ah i see. thanks for clarifying.
I also ordered the 385 Style 18" wheels on my 228i (nice choice, btw). A number of auto makers have some options installed at Port. My educated guess is that this 2A0 option is. I know BMW does limited Port options but I believe this has to be the case here (that or your dealer does it). So, you are not alone mine doesn't detail this on the site, but I have a copy of the order form and it is clearly listed. You could call your dealer to confirm.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #7
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: Between BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAustin View Post
I also ordered the 385 Style 18" wheels on my 228i (nice choice, btw). A number of auto makers have some options installed at Port. My educated guess is that this 2A0 option is. I know BMW does limited Port options but I believe this has to be the case here (that or your dealer does it). So, you are not alone mine doesn't detail this on the site, but I have a copy of the order form and it is clearly listed. You could call your dealer to confirm.
Just to chime in here in case you guys haven't taken delivery of your cars yet (or in case someone Googles for an answer later on), but mine shows the same thing. I ordered Style 385 wheels on a base 228i and it doesn't show up on the vehicle tracker on BMWUSA.com. All the other options do (and are correct).

My experience with the tracker on the website is hit or miss over the years. It's usually several days behind the 800 number and sometimes had shown the wrong car/color/options only to return to the correct ones a day or so later.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 02:40 PM   #8
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbuff View Post
My experience with the tracker on the website is hit or miss over the years. It's usually several days behind the 800 number and sometimes had shown the wrong car/color/options only to return to the correct ones a day or so later.
My Mineral White 335is was BSM for a good part of the build process online. Bimmerbuff is right. Do not rely on the website tracker. Rely only on what your build sheet (the one you sign off on) says... and put a little faith in your CA unless he's a tool, which begs the question why you chose them...
Appreciate 0