THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 2015 Maintenance is non transferable

06-27-2014, 09:26 PM   #45
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1 View Post
Highly unlikely. BMW does very little maintenance under the "free maintenance plan". A couple of oil changes, a couple of free wiper blades is the norm for the last two years of warranty for most folks. MAYBE you win the lottery and get brakes before 50K/4-years - I won't. In many cases we are only talking about a short period of time, as many people run the warranty out on miles well before they run out of time. Obviously, the newer and lower mileage the car, the bigger the hit though. But very few people sell practically new cars. Dealers can just throw in maintenance at their dealership if they are that hungry.
I got front and rear brakes every year and rotors every two years on my 335i. This is during the regular maintenance and also during the extended maintenance. I drove the car like it was my bitch and milked every possible thing out of my maintenance plan. Yearly oil changes, yearly wipers, a couple of brake fluid flushes, some cabin air filters, yearly brakes and every two years rotors.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #46
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by lichenlt View Post
what do you mean? I thought you only had to do maintenance once a year or 10k miles? Unless you drove a lot and changed a lot of brakes, I can't think of anything to take advantage of.

The computer calculates when you need maintenance based on your driving habits in addition to the time and mileage. I drove my car very hard every single day. I got brakes every single year, both front and rear. I got rotors every two years. I got the wipers yearly and I got the yearly oil changes, sometimes more than once in a year. Since it was the car requesting the maintenance, the dealer just does it and gets reimbursed.

I got the car with 12k miles at a year old. I drove about 18k miles a year for the next 5 years within the remaining original warranty/maintenance and the extended warranty/maintenance.

I drove 100k on that car and every last one of those miles I put on it were extremely hard driving. I had a 80 mile roundtrip commute where I'd constantly be able to floor it and then slam on the brakes really hard in the ridiculous rush hour traffic around the DC area. I'd routinely go from nothing to over a hundred to back to a standstill. I could care less and enjoyed new brakes every year! I'm a little older now and not as reckless but I loved that car and had a blast with it.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #47
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340xi

for lease transfers, does the free maintenance carry over?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 10:51 AM   #48
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Not anymore. The contracts now state that the maintenance only covers the initial buyer. At least that's what it says. I haven't actually transferred a 2015 lease or heard of one where this was discussed.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 03:28 PM   #49
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Huck2112 View Post
Bean counters crunched numbers and chose to 86 the ability to transfer the maintenance plan. Good or the bottom line. Not so good for loyal customers. Sad.
Have to agree here. My first BMW was a 97 318ti. Bought it three years used and had to take it to a dealer for a trim piece. Low and behold, NO charge for replacing the trim! Say hello to the great 4 year BMW warranty and maintenance. Made me a fan back then, and I always have been.

Guess I just won't be a fan of a used BMW unless it is completely out of warranty. Too bad for the second owners though.
      04-09-2015, 03:34 PM   #50
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Not anymore. The contracts now state that the maintenance only covers the initial buyer. At least that's what it says. I haven't actually transferred a 2015 lease or heard of one where this was discussed.
so, if someone were to transfer the lease, say 12 months in, the second guy needs to pay for all maintenance? that doesn't sound too good...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #51
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
so, if someone were to transfer the lease, say 12 months in, the second guy needs to pay for all maintenance? that doesn't sound too good...
Nope. The good news is if you transfer it to someone in your household they continue benefitting. So if you're looking to do a lease swap, make sure to have the new owner live with you for a while or become a "spousal equivalent" lol