THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications DIY VIDEO - How to install a Rear Diffuser

02-24-2017, 06:13 AM   #1
Boosted Autos
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Exclamation DIY VIDEO - How to install a Rear Diffuser

Call me indecisive if you wish. It’s been 4 months now that I’ve been changing my mind almost daily about how to hook up the back of the M235i. I originally had my heart set on a Quad-Tip setup and researched as far as calculating exactly what tips would fit, exactly where the stock tail pipes would need to be cut, which exhaust shop to go to, etc. I was just about to pull the trigger, but backed out because I didn’t want the car to look like an M2 imposer.

I settled on BMS Exhaust tips which you can read about in my previous post here. They looked fantastic, but I still needed to choose a suitable diffuser.
Next I looked at the AutoPlus design, but they only accepted direct deposit and continued to stall, quoting lead times up to 6 months. Finally I set my heart on a 3D Design twin tip diffuser. I investigated only to find they wanted an extra $1000 ON TOP of the already high cost of the part. This was a cost I just couldn’t justify for a non functional part. He heart sank as I began to investigate replica parts. I came across a manufacturer on Ebay which had loads of positive feedback, and what looked to be a quality product with a very similar carbon weave to the genuine M-Performance lip spoiler that was already on the car.

At $590 delivered, I decided to give it a shot.
You can find the diffuser I ordered here.
To my amazement, the part arrived in just 4 days and incredibly, was packaged in a wooden box to protect it during shipping. The impressiveness didn’t end there. The quality and fitment of the product was darn near perfect, and the carbon matches the M-Performance boot lip to perfection. I couldn’t be happier!

Appreciate 3
jpnh1423.50
SDKevin79.50
Ace60411.00
      03-09-2017, 04:59 PM   #2
JamesTabletop
Rep
Drives: '23 AW M8 F92

Great video and review. Unfortunately these guys don't ship to the US but hopefully I can find someone with the same OEM.

You mentioned that you were originally looking to do quads on your F22. Were you going to do the 3D Design Quad Diffuser?
Appreciate 0