THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum When the Wife's email is titled "Sit Down"

07-27-2016, 11:23 AM   #23
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

OP:
Dunno, but it sounds like you got at least one "get out of jail" card on the cheap..
      07-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #24
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Sounds like you just earned yourself a "guys night" out with the boys !
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2016, 09:56 AM   #25
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
Prob the center cap. Feel bad for your wife, it's just a car, and she fears your response. Might want to look into that, a little bit more than the wheel.
Don't be fucking ridiculous. She just sounds sorry in her email, she doesn't sound or act like she's legitimately fearing an aggressive physical response or divorce papers.

She scraped the wheel of an expensive car - it's not cheap to fix. She knows she fucked up, and she's sorry for it. I don't see what's wrong here. Besides, you know, many people like to over-apologize even if something wasn't necessarily their fault (because she apparently didn't want to drive the car) because it makes them feel better. I've said "I'm so, so sorry" before when I dropped my girl's easy mac on the floor. Should we look into why I was fearing her response over some mac and cheese?
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2016, 10:16 AM   #26
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfbrah View Post
Don't be fucking ridiculous. She just sounds sorry in her email, she doesn't sound or act like she's legitimately fearing an aggressive physical response or divorce papers.

She scraped the wheel of an expensive car - it's not cheap to fix. She knows she fucked up, and she's sorry for it. I don't see what's wrong here. Besides, you know, many people like to over-apologize even if something wasn't necessarily their fault (because she apparently didn't want to drive the car) because it makes them feel better. I've said "I'm so, so sorry" before when I dropped my girl's easy mac on the floor. Should we look into why I was fearing her response over some mac and cheese?
ITs all cool - and yes she was being dramatic for drama's sake and she knows how crazy I can be about cars. There's humor in her email too.

For the record, and to close out this thread - she did curb the s hit out of that front wheel. Dont know if its repairable or not? Am not going to worry about repairing until the fall when I swap my summer shoes for my winter set-up.

Life happens and a scrapped wheel just aint that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things...
      08-18-2016, 10:22 AM   #27
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Look, everyone makes mistakes. And she let you know what happened, and apologized. What more could anyone ask? And the car is repairable.

I've been married for 47 years. I met my wife 52 years ago. Great gal!

So, here's my major screw up regarding cars:

I owned a 2004 Mazda RX-8 before my M235i. We also had (and still have) a 2012 Mercedes Benz GLS350 4matic.

One day I got a wild hair and decided to paint the wheel hubs and brake calipers on my RX-8. So, I backed the GLK350 out of the garage, onto the driveway. Next, I went through the process of removing one wheel at a time, clean, paint, reassemble.

Finally, I cleaned up the mess (and myself), grabbed a beer out of the garage 'fridge and sat down in an old office chair in my shop to relax. After a few moments, I spun my chair around to admire my work on the Mazda. Much to my surprise, the Mazda was slowly rolling out of the garage (this is several minutes after completing the painting and clean up).

I leaped out of my chair and ran towards the car, in hopes of grabbing the right-front wheel well and bringing the car to a stop. Nope. Too late. By now, the rear wheels are out of the garage and on the downwards sloping driveway bricks. All I could do is watch my nice, shiny RX-8 roll into our one year old shiny clean GLK350. Crunch! F**k!

After I got the cars unhooked and back into the garage, I told my wife what just happened. She didn't get mad, or even excited. All she said was, "I'm glad it wasn't me."

Both cars were subsequently repaired properly and our insurance company didn't quibble.

I simply neglected to re-set the parking brake after working on the Mazda.

Forgive and forget. And learn from your mistakes.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 10:27 PM   #28
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I dunno man. Any woman who can't identify a wheel from a tire probably shouldn't be driving anything with more than 100 HP. I mean, you scrape a wheel and that is easy to describe. amirite?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 01:23 PM   #29
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I dunno man. Any woman who can't identify a wheel from a tire probably shouldn't be driving anything with more than 100 HP. I mean, you scrape a wheel and that is easy to describe. amirite?
And she's a writer for a living too lol!

Hey, the difference between a wheel and a tire is tough for some to wrap their heads around I guess.
      08-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #30
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
Sounds like you just earned yourself a "guys night" out with the boys !
I would say with the girls....she scraped the wheel for fcks sake !
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 01:54 PM   #31
JRMorgan
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
Prob the center cap. Feel bad for your wife, it's just a car, and she fears your response. Might want to look into that, a little bit more than the wheel.
Seriously sounds like the $10 center cap. Wow that's impressive she took that little of a scratch so seriously. Definitely a keeper.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 09:20 AM   #32
Cjnj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest M235i View Post
ITs all cool - and yes she was being dramatic for drama's sake and she knows how crazy I can be about cars. There's humor in her email too.

For the record, and to close out this thread - she did curb the s hit out of that front wheel. Dont know if its repairable or not? Am not going to worry about repairing until the fall when I swap my summer shoes for my winter set-up.

Life happens and a scrapped wheel just aint that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things...
Ive done this to a wheel before...it was repairable (repaired and I believe it cost $175 which was covered under my road hazard on my former GTI).
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 02:29 PM   #33
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enzo F23 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisfan View Post
47 years.
Going on 33 for me! We are the lucky ones!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 01:43 PM   #34
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest M235i View Post

If you haven't fixed this yet may want to look into the cost of a replacement used wheel. Could be cheaper depending on damage.

That said your dealer should have a wheel guy that could fix it cheap. I did a DIY on mine with the paint from HK and honestly it's not terrible.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 02:21 PM   #35
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfile View Post
OP:
Dunno, but it sounds like you got at least one "get out of jail" card on the cheap..

LISTEN UP PEOPLE!

THIS MAN SPEAKS GOSPEL FROM THE HEAVENS!!!!!!!
Appreciate 1