THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery My 2016 M235i XDrive Euro Delivery

09-09-2015, 09:37 PM   #1
mpizutti
2018 M3CS Pittsburgh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 528 , 2018 M3CS 2020 M8

Garage List
2017 M3  [0.00]
2016 bmw m2351  [0.00]
My 2016 M235i XDrive Euro Delivery

Hello All,

This is the first free time I have to write about my Euro Delivery since I came home, I hope everyone enjoys the story and pictures.

First off I need to send a big shout out to my dealership Sewickley BMW, Audi, and Porsche in Pittsburgh Pa. www.sewickleybmw.com Mike and Scott who helped me out and to the owner K.C. they are top notch and can not thank them enough!!!

This story starts with my 4th BMW, a 2008 750li(I still have a 2007 525, and 2004 325xi, also had a 2006 525) I have had this car for a little over a year and I really liked the car, BUT at 65mph on may 14th it sent a connecting rod thru the oil pan after a long fight with the dealer I bought the car(not Sewickley) and a fight with BMWNA(they were very nice even though I did not get the final outcome I wanted) we came to an agreement.

I went back to Sewickley BMW and started to test drive some new cars, I was really not familiar with the M235i, so after I drove 4 or 5 different cars New and Used, Mike told me to take this M235i xdrive out for awhile. I must say after about 15min in the drivers seat I could not keep the smile off my face, I drove to the house picked up the wife and drove around a little more. This was the car I wanted, but the dealer only had 2 in stock both Mineral White(my 525 is white) I wanted something different.

As I travel a lot for a living I asked about the Euro program and what was involved, after that I went home and stated reading the forums here the info from these groups help out so much. The next day I went back to the dealer and we ordered the car.
Estoril Blue-Coral Red Leather(haha superman combo)
Cold Weather//Fineline Wood//18' Orbit grey staggered wheels//Tech Package//Harman/Kardon Sound//Drivers Assitance Package. I wish I could have added the port installed options at the same time but that will have to wait.

Ok now came the fun part, planning the trip. As I had to give them 3 dates for pick-up and they recommend 8+ weeks out for first date(I ordered the car on July 14th)I had to figure out my schedule and a time frame that I would not have to have winter tires on the car, and not be there for Oktober fest.(I have been there before) Also I wanted to drive the Stelvio Pass and they close the road down in late October. My first choice and the soonest I could also go was the week of Aug 27th, and they granted my first choice. So now that was out of the way I needed a route and time frame. I wanted to make sure I was in Munich early as my pick-up time was a 9:20am check-in at 8am. I had a 8days to play with so I decided on Monday to Monday. Now the Route...so many choices so little time, I travel to Europe a lot so I know a lot of the places but I never get to drive off the beaten path, now was my chance. I am a Top Gear junkie and remembered an episode where they took the cars on the Stelvio Pass in Italy, I HAD TO DO THIS!! So I knew know my trip had to be around that.
After many hours on Google Maps I had the route.

Day 1. We would leave Munich and head to Innsbruck via Garmisch Germany. spend the night there.
Day 2. Would be the longest driving day for the trip. We would head to Bellagio Italy via the Stelvio Pass.
Day 3. On our way to Zurich via Lake Lucern.
Day 4. Back to Munich Airport via Neuschwanstein Castle Germany, to drop off the car.
Total miles just under 800.

Ok now I need to bring some friends with me...lets see the wife(Barb love her ) and our best friends(Mark and Lisa) they are always up for an adventure. After I asked them I started to think where are we going to put all the luggage?? I have been used to larger trunks on my other cars and did not think about how small the trunk was. So I took 4 of my suitcases to the dealership and ask Mike if I could see if I could fit them in the trunk, and with a little luck they just fit. (this turned out to be good as the girls could not buy to much over there as it would not fit. ) Our host told us they have that problem a lot.

Day of departure Aug 24th, We have our Flight on USAirways(now American) from Pittsburgh To Munich thru Philadelphia.
The Flights were great and the Crew from PHL to MUC were so nice, I learned a long time ago a small bag of candy for the crew goes along way, they will treat you much better, try it some time. We were early into MUC, and our driver was there to meet us. It was a nice ride to the hotel and the weather was great. Our adventure is under way. After a quick shower and settle in we were off to see what Munich had to offer..soon to learn lots of beer was on the list We stopped at BMW Welt and walked around and decided to do the museum now. The M3 from Mission Impossible Rogue Nation was there, pretty cool Now off to dinner at the Hofbrauhaus..
Day 2 in Munich was a shopping day for the girls as I had to give them some time on this trip.
DELIVERY DAY AUG 27th-- I must say after how we were treated by BMW I don't think I can pick up a car in the states..haha.
IF YOU HAVE NEVER PICK UP YOUR CAR AT BMW WELT IT IS A MUST!!!! The VIP lounge was a blast, food and drinks(beer) all day. great wifi and friendly staff. At 9:20 it was time to walk the steps to the car, it was a great feeling as you see your car as it spins in front of you.
our host was a wealth of knowledge and seemed as excited for me as I was.
After the overview of the car I got to drive it out(went around twice) it was like the BAT CAVE We parked the car and back inside for the plant tour.
After that back to the VIP lounge for lunch and then we were off.

Our drive to Innsbruck was only about 2hrs, we stopped in Garmisch on the way. both towns were very nice, we had dinner in Innsbruck.

Aug 28th The drive to Bellagio. This is the day for the Stelvio Pass, the weather was perfect we had a quick breakfast about hour out of Innsbruck when we stopped for gas. it was really good, and the girls wanted to eat all our meals outside this place fit the bill.
The drive to Stelvio was amazing the pictures I took do not give you the full story, you have to see it for yourself, the people that have been there will understand. The drive is something I want to do over and over, If you love to drive you understand this, I had a smile from ear to ear while the girls in the back seat were telling me to slow down and OMG this has to be a one-way road. (look on youtube for many videos). Now we are on our way to Bellagio, Lake Como is breathtaking, the views are unreal. I must admit the roads around Lake Como are little nerve racking. if you drive here pay attention. We stayed at a small hotel on a hill it was like a movie setting.

Aug 29th Off to Zurich, This was a nice drive easy and uneventful. Don't forget to get the sticker for you car if you plan to drive in Switzerland.

Aug 30th The Drive back to MUC. On our way back to Munich we stopped at Neuschwanstein Castle. Another must do, such a great little town with views that you would never see on the east coast. We had dinner at a small restaurant that was in the middle of a field, the food was amazing and the owners and staff were above and beyond nice.

The end is now here time to drop the car off, I will rank this in my trips as one of my top 3 (not sure if it is 1,2 or 3 yet). The drop off point was the hardest place to find on my journey, just a little hard to find..haha as so many know.

Thank you for taking the time and reading my highlights of this adventure. This will not be the last time this will be a new beginning. Here are a few pics along the way from the start.

THE LAST PIC IS THE TEST OF THE LUGGAGE AT THE DEALERSHIP
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/attac...1&d=1441851950
Attached Images

Appreciate 0