THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum picked up the ride

12-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #23
Dr Fatpuss
Private
Rep
Drives: m235i

btw thank you for the comments guys. best car i have ever had hands down.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #24
Dr Fatpuss
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_234 View Post
This. They are absolutely adaptive. They only work when you are in drive. Can't remember if they are speed sensitive or not. Just a note, on my 135i, they would remain straight forward when the lights were manually set to "on". It had to be "auto" for them to scroll. My friend called them the "frog" eyes. Not sure if this is true on the 2.
i will try them in auto. i have been turning the knob all the way right to on when i drive at night and they are not doing the around the bend move. maybe it does have to be in auto cause that is the only thing i have not tried.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #25
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Just went down to my car and tested since the garage is dark enough to flip lights on. Auto = swivel. On = no swivel. Works even in park. I guess when I would test, it was always lit, so switching to ON was the only way to test.

Good info.
      12-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #26
Dr Fatpuss
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Just went down to my car and tested since the garage is dark enough to flip lights on. Auto = swivel. On = no swivel. Works even in park. I guess when I would test, it was always lit, so switching to ON was the only way to test.

Good info.
Good looking out. TY!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #27
Dr Fatpuss
Private
Rep

does anyone know how to keep the air conditioning from turning on when you start the car. i turn off the air before i shut her down but when i start the car it auto turns the air on. something i am missing here?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #28
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Fatpuss View Post
Wait they are supposed to turn with the wheel while driving???? i am 150% mine are not doing that. they adjust up and down when i start the car but when i am driving around they do not turn. i know what to look for all my cars have this feature including my bros x5. its not doing it

i checked the settings in the idrive under lighting and no option to toggle it on or off so its definitely not working.

can anyone confirm a way to toggle this feature? id rather not deal with the dealership.
Definitely. On my 135i it was like this:

- Lights set to auto - nighttime, lights come on and are adaptive with the wheel.

- Lights set to on - lights will be on, but will be straight forward and not adapt with the wheel.

Assuming the 2 is the same, which I think it is, set your lights to auto, and when it is dark tonight they should come on and scroll with the wheel.
      12-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #29
golf_234
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Good info.
Ah yes. That is how I found out on my 1er as well. Haha. It looks like you confirmed that they are not speed sensitive and doesn't matter what drive mode you are in, only just that they are in auto and it is dark, as well.
      12-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #30
Dr Fatpuss
Private
Rep

Quote:
Definitely. On my 135i it was like this:

- Lights set to auto - nighttime, lights come on and are adaptive with the wheel.

- Lights set to on - lights will be on, but will be straight forward and not adapt with the wheel.

Assuming the 2 is the same, which I think it is, set your lights to auto, and when it is dark tonight they should come on and scroll with the wheel.
confirmed
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #31
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
does anyone know how to keep the air conditioning from turning on when you start the car. i turn off the air before i shut her down but when i start the car it auto turns the air on. something i am missing here?
Nope. You can have someone code your car to prevent it from always turning on or you can buy what you need to do it yourself. For whatever reason, there's no option to change this in iDrive.
      12-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #32
Dr Fatpuss
Private
Rep

Quote:
Nope. You can have someone code your car to prevent it from always turning on or you can buy what you need to do it yourself. For whatever reason, there's no option to change this in iDrive.
good to know. thanks for the heads up, i suck with the search tool. went through that coding thread and it was little over my head. going to read up some more on coding fo sho.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 03:12 PM   #33
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Why do you do that? The system is designed to function automatically and the compressor which cools the air in the summer, dries it out to prevent window fogging in the colder weather. What benefit do you think there is from manually shutting off?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #34
Dr Fatpuss
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Why do you do that? The system is designed to function automatically and the compressor which cools the air in the summer, dries it out to prevent window fogging in the colder weather. What benefit do you think there is from manually shutting off?
if i have some stinky take out in the car i like to keep the air from circulating the smell and have to remember to turn it off. other than that really no reason lol. trying to keep my new car smell for as long as possible plus i keep my gf cats litter box in the garage and would like to keep that from circulating in my car when i am warming her up in the morning. if its not on recycle that smell could fresh air into my cabin and i would have to choke a kitten.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #35
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
if i have some stinky take out in the car i like to keep the air from circulating the smell and have to remember to turn it off. other than that really no reason lol. trying to keep my new car smell for as long as possible
LOL....that didn't occur to me...about the only thing I allow in the car is water! With no cloth seat option, "smells" should always wipe off pretty well at cleaning time! Of course, there's always that stray chili cheese fry on the carpet!

Just saw your edit about the cat......I'm convinced!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #36
golf_234
Captain
Rep

Quote:
if i have some stinky take out in the car i like to keep the air from circulating the smell and have to remember to turn it off. other than that really no reason lol. trying to keep my new car smell for as long as possible plus i keep my gf cats litter box in the garage and would like to keep that from circulating in my car when i am warming her up in the morning. if its not on recycle that smell could fresh air into my cabin and i would have to choke a kitten.
Thank me later

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Leather-707...TYNPABYS0379ZT

Favorite leather conditioner I have used, smells exactly like actual good new car smell not some weird imitation.
      12-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #37
Dr Fatpuss
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thank me later

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Leather-707...TYNPABYS0379ZT

Favorite leather conditioner I have used, smells exactly like actual good new car smell not some weird imitation.
perfect timing. i just ordered the lexol brand stuff and cancelled it for this one. does it make the leather slippery?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #38
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Gorgeous combo, so jelly.

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 11:18 PM   #39
rhinothatflies
Private
Rep
Drives: 228i X-Drive M-Sport w/THP

Quote:
the tinder dates are really liking the red too
right there with ya buddy
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #40
golf_234
Captain
Rep

Quote:
perfect timing. i just ordered the lexol brand stuff and cancelled it for this one. does it make the leather slippery?
Not at all. Not greasy or slippery, just conditions/cleans with no greasy or annoying residue, and smells amazing. It really is awesome. I use it on the door panels etc as well. It was one of those weird things, I was cleaning my car up at my parents garage, and found this in the cabinet something my dad had used, tried it and haven't used anything else since. And had used, many, many prior. Also is a great price. Definitely let me know what you think
      12-19-2014, 09:21 AM   #41
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
so i picked up the ride

car had 10 miles on it when i picked her up. Still had the German factory smell on the outside and engine bay. MMMMMMMMMMM bliss smell. i was standing in front of the radiator smelling the heat waves as it cooled of in my garage. Love this car drives way better than i was anticipating. really like that tire pressure and temp monitor. the bt audio streaming works great. car has been a joy to drive and i cleared 120 mph without going over 4k rpm. its so easy and smooth and fast i might be getting into trouble soon.

pics coming tint guy is finishing up right now. pouring rain as well.
120 mph!! What public road can you drive 120 MPH?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #42
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
The one in my sig.
      12-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #43
Dr Fatpuss
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
All of them in texas. That is all we have is hundreds of miles of straight hwy. if u use the force and see the cops before they see u and have some balls or money to pay for a ticket u can speed all u want. The hwy are empty after 9 so u can top out just about anycar. I hit 120 at least on e a day on my commute
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #44
todd hollander
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30i

Congrats!
Appreciate 0