THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Vs Viper, and mpg

12-16-2014, 07:08 AM   #1
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 M2

Vs Viper, and mpg

I pulled up next to someone I know with a Viper on the way to work this morning. Perks of a small town. You, too, can see everyone you know at 6:30 am. Anyway, I'm thankful for the "break in period." I know there's differing schools of thought, but I'm claiming it, because going up against that thing would have been embarrassing. My car is awesome, but his... I don't need my superiority tested on day 4.

Otherwise, I'm at 425 miles. I felt like the fuel gauge was dropping crazy fast (I did come from a pretty fuel efficient Accord and a larger tank), but it looks like it was getting 30 mpg with mainly highway driving and Driving Miss Daisy style. Sound normal? My husband does question my math skills... (and yes, first tank)
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 08:27 AM   #2
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieDiane View Post
I pulled up next to someone I know with a Viper on the way to work this morning. Perks of a small town. You, too, can see everyone you know at 6:30 am. Anyway, I'm thankful for the "break in period." I know there's differing schools of thought, but I'm claiming it, because going up against that thing would have been embarrassing. My car is awesome, but his... I don't need my superiority tested on day 4.

Otherwise, I'm at 425 miles. I felt like the fuel gauge was dropping crazy fast (I did come from a pretty fuel efficient Accord and a larger tank), but it looks like it was getting 30 mpg with mainly highway driving and Driving Miss Daisy style. Sound normal? My husband does question my math skills... (and yes, first tank)
Yes, indeed! Had a Viper for a while...whole different beast!Overall, much happier living with the 2!

If trip computer shows about 30 on the first tank, that seems fine, but expect it to climb. Can't be sure first tank was full to start, as the car gets shuttled around quite a bit before delivery burning gas with no significant mileage accumulation for the denominator, so the usage may also be normal and the math might be off through no fault of yours. Also, fuel gauges don't necessarily have a linear drop, so take the position indication as an approximation at any given time. Hang in there!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
uberspeed
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Viper is a monster, that said as a dd I'd rather be in what you're driving As the engine breaks in the MPG should improve, first tank isn't a good indicator. Enjoy your ride!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #4
Demetrius Joel
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BSM/CR M235i

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
You guys are getting 30 mpg?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #5
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetrius Joel View Post
You guys are getting 30 mpg?
It was all highway and I drove like I hadn't found the accelerator yet.
Appreciate 0