THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW at NAIAS 2017

12-07-2016, 04:37 AM   #1
4BMWGarage
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW announced their program for NAIAS 2017 featuring the G30 and the X2 concept:

"BMW at the NAIAS Detroit 2017.
From 9 to 22 January 2017.

Groundbreaking innovations follow a strong will, and this is what BMW is presenting at the NAIAS 2017. Great expectancy surrounds the world premiere of the new BMW 5 Series Sedan and the American premiere of the BMW Concept X2. Sustainable and innovative, progressive and quiet are becoming even more attractive qualities: BMW i is showing the new battery technology of the BMW i3 together with an exclusive paint finish for the BMW i8. Motor racing fans in Detroit will have a chance to admire the BMW M6 GT3 live for the first time after already claiming victories on three continents.

THE NEW BMW 5 Series. THE MOST PROGRESSIVE BUSINESS SEDAN OF ITS CLASS.
The new BMW 5 Series Sedan offers even more dynamics and comfort than its predecessor. The harmonious appearance of athleticism and elegance has undergone stylistic refinement and been given a clear focus. A distinctive front, dynamically flowing lines, athletic proportions: every detail radiates self-confidence and power. The business athlete offers a convincing range of assistance systems and a maximum level of connectivity. Supplemented by an iPerformance and a M Performance model, the range of four and six cylinder petrol and diesel engines meets all requirements for maximum driving pleasure - from combined electric driving up to maximum power output.

BMW Concept X2. CONFIDENCE FROM ALL ANGLES.
Tough, distinctive and overwhelmingly sporty: the BMW Concept X2 was already able to show how much energy it contains at its world premiere in Paris. Transforming apparent contradictions into an emotional statement, the progressive eye-catcher appears in a Lumious Red paint finish to turn the road into its stage. Whether in the city or far beyond its boundaries, the BMW Concept X2 supports an active lifestyle and creates sheer driving pleasure. With the flat silhouette of a coupé and the strikingly powerful X appearance, this is where dynamics meet design and compact dimensions meet high tech. The c pillar ia adding a note of aesthetic athleticism as it is stronly inclined in the direction of travel. This impression is further reinforced by a long wheelbase, an extended roof line and short overhangs. A dream vehicle for drivers with a bold spirit.

BMW M6 GT3. THE NEW BENCHMARK IN GT SPORT.
Following inspiring international success in GT racing, the BMW M6 GT3 is now available for closer inspection by its fans in Detroit. Together they will celebrate its prize-winning first year as a successor to the BMW Z4 GT3. 2016, the top GT model was able to add its name to the list of winners of this prestigious championship series with its high-ranking competitors –victories include the 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, Japan’s Super GT Championship and the IMSA Weather Tech SportsCar Championship in the USA. In an extremely impressive manner, the BMW M6 GT3 has thus heralded a new era in international motor racing. A new star is born.

THE BMW i3 AND i8 MODELS. VISIONARY MOBILITY AND INSPIRING DESIGN.
BMW i is systematically forcing the pace of development in sustainable electromobility and is offering a range of up to 300km with the new 94-ampere-hour model of the BMW i3. However, BMW i does not just stand for 0% emissions with 100% driving pleasure but also for maximum charging capacity. Thanks to the new BMW i Wallbox, a battery charge level of 80% can be achieved in less than three hours.

With a spectacular look, the BMW i8 also knows how to attract attention. The BMW i8 Protonic Dark Silver Edition is a design icon that embodies futuristic aesthetics and supreme athleticism. The limited-edition exterior paint finish in Dark Silver with selected accents in Frozen Grey metallic supports the powerful styling, thus rounding off the unique vehicle design."

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/e...show_2017.html

Last edited by 4BMWGarage; 12-07-2016 at 04:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 05:46 AM   #2
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

I've read BMW is coming out with an i3 'S' model. true?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 09:40 AM   #3
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Is this everything BMW is bringing to NAIAS?

I was hoping for something genuinely new such as the G32 6 Series GT, G01 X3, or the production F39 X2 perhaps. Maybe even an X7 concept.

All of the vehicles listed in the OP have been seen or shown before.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 09:45 AM   #4
4BMWGarage
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

I was hoping for something genuinely new such as the G32 6 Series GT, G01 X3, or the production F39 X2 perhaps. Maybe even an X7 concept.

That´s the info from the homepage.
Is still scarcely a month, perhaps still comes what
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 04:12 AM   #5
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

Its all about the 5er. But there is something planned for Geneva and Shanghai. And of course this year is the year of the IAA.
      12-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #6
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

Awww no Z5
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #7
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Looks like nothing really new. I'll be there as usual though.
Appreciate 0