THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 228i vs. M235i

04-07-2015, 11:50 AM   #287
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Adding to this thread. Nothing like the sound of the Inline-6 at high revs. A cacophony, visceral melody.
      04-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #288
jtzako
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 228i M-Sport

I got the 228i Msport and dont regret it vs the m235i. IMO the car being a bit faster doesnt justify the fairly significant cost increase.

The one 'regret' I have is that I moved to CO several months after getting this car, and the tires are really not useful in this environment. The roads are bumpy, cracked and potholed and for a few months out of the year it is below the safe-use temperature for these summer only tires.

If I keep the car (still debating leaseswap) I will put some all season not-runflat tires on it to help the ride and road noise a bit.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 01:58 AM   #289
m0viestar
Rep
Drives: 2006 STi, 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
I got the 228i Msport and dont regret it vs the m235i. IMO the car being a bit faster doesnt justify the fairly significant cost increase.

The one 'regret' I have is that I moved to CO several months after getting this car, and the tires are really not useful in this environment. The roads are bumpy, cracked and potholed and for a few months out of the year it is below the safe-use temperature for these summer only tires.

If I keep the car (still debating leaseswap) I will put some all season not-runflat tires on it to help the ride and road noise a bit.
Get a set of beater wheels and winter tires for winter time. All seasons aren't going to perform at, near, or under 40 degrees.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 12:24 AM   #290
ryanrule
Rep
Drives: n/a

uhg that blue. apparently is it no longer available? on any model?
Appreciate 0