THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Bartering on Price

02-17-2015, 04:12 PM   #23
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
I blame the fact you can you get 20 grand off sticker on new ford trucks etc.

I don't haggle for my cars. I tell my salesman up front the price i am going to pay for a car or ask him to give me his best deal. I only do this once. If i don't like his price or they don't like my price i leave.

You only have to do that once to no longer have to deal with the BS.

Its also BMW's fault for pulling a Ford albeit to a lesser extent. They should properly price the cars and not leave room for haggling.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 04:19 PM   #24
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW GENIUS View Post
Maybe I just believe in BMW's more than most. Working for them has really rubbed off on me I guess lol.
Did you purchase your car before or after you started at BMW? I bet you didn't feel strong enough to walk away from a $10k+ saving from employee discount if it was after.

Give it up. Very few pay MSRP, much less 1000x over msrp. The only time it's worth paying msrp is when it's a super rare vehicle, like when I purchased my 2001 Integra Type R. Less than 6,500 was sold in the U.S. over four years (97, 98, 00, 01).
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 04:39 PM   #25
Kristalov
Dr. K
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 718 GT4RS,'19 F82, '24 G87

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma View Post
Did you purchase your car before or after you started at BMW? I bet you didn't feel strong enough to walk away from a $10k+ saving from employee discount if it was after.

Give it up. Very few pay MSRP, much less 1000x over msrp. The only time it's worth paying msrp is when it's a super rare vehicle, like when I purchased my 2001 Integra Type R. Less than 6,500 was sold in the U.S. over four years (97, 98, 00, 01).
+1. Curious to know this myself. Wonder if your bosses check out the forums as well. Just saying.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 04:49 PM   #26
BMW GENIUS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma View Post

It's just an observation I have made. Nothing less and nothing more. I did indeed purchase my vehicle before I was employed here.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 05:24 PM   #27
TBro2002
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M-Sport

IMO, if you want to get rid of the negotiation game, then you need to get rid of the dealers and go to the Tesla model for car sales. Let the customer purchase their car directly from BMW online. Eliminate all of the middlemen getting a cut of the deal and sell directly to the customer at the best price.

For those of us getting our BMW with a ED, it's similar to the Tesla sales model, as we are purchasing the car directly from BMW. The discount here is for bypassing the dealer's additional profit and cost of doing business.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #28
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

I forgot to mention, I used to work at a dealership. At this particular one, 25% of anything over dealer cost goes to the salesman. 50% is if it's a vehicle they want to get rid of and 100% if it's been sitting there for over a year and they're desperate. Minimum they paid employees for every car sale is $100 (if it sold at invoice or less).

Like Tbro mentioned, cut out the sales people if you want want a negotiating free brand/dealership. Imagine all Bmw's being sold for under $10k+ less than they are now, how will dealerships make enough money to pay all their overhead?

Last edited by huma; 02-17-2015 at 08:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 08:12 PM   #29
Bimmer86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBro2002 View Post
IMO, if you want to get rid of the negotiation game, then you need to get rid of the dealers and go to the Tesla model for car sales. Let the customer purchase their car directly from BMW online. Eliminate all of the middlemen getting a cut of the deal and sell directly to the customer at the best price.

For those of us getting our BMW with a ED, it's similar to the Tesla sales model, as we are purchasing the car directly from BMW. The discount here is for bypassing the dealer's additional profit and cost of doing business.
I would love to be able to order my car online directly from the manufacturer and have it delivered directly to my house. And have a small location with demo cars to test drive just like Tesla.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 10:09 PM   #30
abp689
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi Wagon,330ZHP, 318Ti (MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW GENIUS View Post
. BMW isn't here to sell deals, they are here to sell FINE GERMAN AUTOMOBILES, and if you can't seem to justify the value of the car maybe the car isn't for you. BUT, looking back in retrospect fellow 2ers, would you still not say the 2 series worth every penny after now owning one? I can't be the only one!
This is one of the main issues I have with some BMW employees. That line is a pretense to goad consumers into feeling guilty about negotiating on a luxury good. The implied or overtly stated logic is, if you ask, you can't afford and should look elsewhere. And it seems somewhat pervasive at the dealerships.

Background: The first 330 I bought, I ask what they could do on price and I got this line and was told maybe a lessor car was a better fit for me. I thanked them for their time and went across the state and receive a no hassle $4k discount.

In retrospect, it was worth what I paid. Had I bought the 330 at the first dealership, it would have been worth what I paid - $4k.
Appreciate 0