THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Newb, first time BMW owner - Ordered a Estoril Blue 228i M Sport

02-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #1
BrodiDangers
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp Pkg BSM+OW

Newb, first time BMW owner - Ordered a Estoril Blue 228i M Sport

I just turned in my 2012 GTI lease last week and could not find a manual 228i M Sport anywhere...so this is what I ordered: 2015 228i m sport, estoril blue, black dakota leather w/ estoril blue matte highlights, premium package, lighting package, and HK sound system.
I also think I got pretty lucky on the allocation of my dealer. I live in Fort Lauderdale and my dealer is 1.5hrs north in Jupiter, so it's not exactly around the corner. Anyway, I signed off on the final specs on Feb 4th and by the time I regsitered to MyBMW on Feb 6th, production had already started! Knocking on wood for no delays! Already planning a few mods, right out the gate
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 06:50 PM   #2
Dan Brown
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Mineral White 228ix

Congrats! And welcome!!! I bought my first BMW 16 months ago... Then came the second ~16 days ago. Therefore, you should start planning out your MY17 car to go with your awesome 228 soon
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
BrodiDangers
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Brown View Post
Congrats! And welcome!!! I bought my first BMW 16 months ago... Then came the second ~16 days ago. Therefore, you should start planning out your MY17 car to go with your awesome 228 soon
That's awesome, congrats! Fingers crossed, i should have it by mid March. Going to try and hold out a couple thousand miles before JB4 and intake(haven't decided on one yet). But I will have black kidney grills, and CF spoiler ordered before it arrives, and also paint the wheels black and tint the first week.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 10:45 PM   #4
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodiDangers View Post
I just turned in my 2012 GTI lease last week and could not find a manual 228i M Sport anywhere...so this is what I ordered: 2015 228i m sport, estoril blue, black dakota leather w/ estoril blue matte highlights, premium package, lighting package, and HK sound system.
I also think I got pretty lucky on the allocation of my dealer. I live in Fort Lauderdale and my dealer is 1.5hrs north in Jupiter, so it's not exactly around the corner. Anyway, I signed off on the final specs on Feb 4th and by the time I regsitered to MyBMW on Feb 6th, production had already started! Knocking on wood for no delays! Already planning a few mods, right out the gate
Congrats dude, and welcome to the club !

I drive a 2013 VW GLI (basically the Jetta sedan version of the GTI), and I'm also becoming a first time BMW owner ! We have the same 2.0T engine under the hood !

Too bad you can't enjoy that awesome 400 watt Fender premium audio system anymore ... I've heard that the 360 watt 2 series Harmon Kardon audio system sucks.

Not that that's the most important thing ... anyway, cheers !
      02-10-2015, 08:52 AM   #5
BrodiDangers
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
Congrats dude, and welcome to the club !

I drive a 2013 VW GLI (basically the Jetta sedan version of the GTI), and I'm also becoming a first time BMW owner ! We have the same 2.0T engine under the hood !

Too bad you can't enjoy that awesome 400 watt Fender premium audio system anymore ... I've heard that the 360 watt 2 series Harmon Kardon audio system sucks.

Not that that's the most important thing ... anyway, cheers !
Thanks you, and congrats to you as well. Yea, I can't lie...I really enjoyed my GTI, but the 2012 didn't have the Fender system. I think that came on the '13s and up. So the HK will still be pretty nice upgrade I hope.
The thing I'm looking forward to the most is putting in that JB4 with the USB cable combo, and the fuel mass connector so I can run some E85(sorry Cali).
Appreciate 0