THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery The Toscana

02-20-2015, 06:53 PM   #1
AFineMan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 228 IX & 2014 i3 REX

The Toscana

Seriously, is no one else on this boat other than me?

I'm jumping out of my skin following the voyage of my (first time to order a car) newly ordered 228I-Xdrive Convertible.

This ship will hit the NY/NJ port on 3-4 and I can't wait (may take 2 days to 2 weeks to get to my dealer), Regardless, I'm STOKED.

I live in New Hampshire (yes the winter bitch is punishing us), but I do plan on driving her home with the top down.

SSOO who else is on this ship?, I hope I'm not alone.

Happy tracking all

AFM
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 09:20 PM   #2
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
Exciting! You have to get some pics driving in the snow with the top open!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 06:55 PM   #3
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

Hey I'm on the Toscana too!

I keep checking marinetraffic.com and after yesterday, the ship must've went out of range after exiting the English Channel after leaving the port in Belgium.

Apparently it's making a stop in Canada next, and then onto NY/NJ port.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 08:40 PM   #4
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post

I keep checking marinetraffic.com and after yesterday, the ship must've went out of range after exiting the English Channel after leaving the port in Belgium.

From fellow forum member inktomi (and this works, I've done this):

"Pro tip I just discovered. When your ship is away from the shore and you can't get it on MarineTraffic anymore.. sign up for an account at http://www.vesseltracker.com/ and you'll get a free trial of satellite AIS vessel tracking.

Once you have an account, search for your ship, then add it to your fleet. Go to your account, and view your fleet - at the bottom it'll list the ships (only one, unless you added more) and next to each ship you need to activate sat tracking.

Then you can start refreshing that page instead "
      02-27-2015, 07:14 PM   #5
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post

Click on the vessel on the map (it's last reported position) and the select "show vessel's track" from the menu. It will plot out it's most recent progress.
Attached Images

Last edited by Supernaut; 02-27-2015 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: add map
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 07:43 PM   #6
AFineMan
Private
Rep

UpDate

Thanks for the update

The free tracking didn't work for me (I am using Linux) BUMMER.

Great Update, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
Click on the vessel on the map (it's last reported position) and the select "show vessel's track" from the menu. It will plot out it's most recent progress.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 10:03 PM   #7
SquireGlig
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i 6MT

It's almost here!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 06:26 AM   #8
AFineMan
Private
Rep

Welcome to North America

She is a little late, but she is here
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 07:37 AM   #9
ellincali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Convertible

AFM - I am almost as excited for you to get your car as I am to get mine (because I'm selfishly hoping you post pictures immediately so I can see what mine will really look like)!

Wishing you speedy processing (and a reprieve from the bad weather) once she gets there!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 09:51 AM   #10
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFineMan View Post
She is a little late, but she is here
You'll probably have to wait (like me) for the ship to get down to the NY/NJ port after the ship leaves this Canadian port...

I hope they unload and get out quick, scheduled arrival at NY/NJ port is Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 10:53 AM   #11
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

My F80 is on that ship!!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 12:27 PM   #12
AFineMan
Private
Rep

Nike001

It looks like Sunday is the day the ship will make it to NY

elincali

You on a ship yet? is so how's the tracking going
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #13
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nike001

elincali

You on a ship yet? is so how's the tracking going
Congrats !

Haha, this is random, but elincali is on the same ship as me - Metis Leader. It's almost in Californian waters (3 days).
      03-05-2015, 12:59 PM   #14
ellincali
Private First Class
Rep

AFM--as you have seen I am extremely fortunate that my car is on the same vessel as InlineSix, who could quite possibly be the most diligent tracker/prolific "poster" in the history of this website. I mean who else writes a program to capture images of the Panama Canal webcams so as not to miss our ship going through it?

It's made the agonizing wait a lot more fun. Unfortunately it looks like I'll be on a business trip in Denver when my car gets to the dealership, so my wait will be a little longer.

(Am I paranoid/over-possessive to think they're going to be out driving my car if I'm not there to pick it up right away?)
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #15
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nike001

Cool thanks! I was kinda expecting Sunday-Monday anyways.

Let's hope port is quick with my LSD install
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #16
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elincali View Post
AFM--as you have seen I am extremely fortunate that my car is on the same vessel as InlineSix, who could quite possibly be the most diligent tracker/prolific "poster" in the history of this website. I mean who else writes a program to capture images of the Panama Canal webcams so as not to miss our ship going through it?

It's made the agonizing wait a lot more fun. Unfortunately it looks like I'll be on a business trip in Denver when my car gets to the dealership, so my wait will be a little longer.

(Am I paranoid/over-possessive to think they're going to be out driving my car if I'm not there to pick it up right away?)
Hey, thanks for the kind words

About you going away for a business trip, no, you're NOT paranoid to worry about them playing with your car while you're away. I've heard lots of horror stories from people about dealership guys revving the heck out of new engines (which is a horrible idea - engines need to be broken in gently). In fact, you will find a lot of YouTube videos in which these idiotic salesmen, who know nothing about cars or engineering, are happily revving the shit out of brand new cars, not caring about future owners.

One YouTube poster mentioned that he found dealership idiots revving the shit out of his Mercedes C63 AMG. He returned the car on the spot, took his deposit back, and went n bought an M3 instead.

Seriously, I would NOT leave the car there for any more than a day. Can you make other arrangements to bring it home while you're gone ?
      03-05-2015, 02:25 PM   #17
ellincali
Private First Class
Rep

I don't think I have another option, unfortunately. The 19th is the soonest I'd be able to get it. It's possible it will take that long to get here, anyway, but my CA did say 7 days from the day it arrives, which would be the 17th.

The only other hope is somehow getting out of the trip itself, but that's looking unlikely.

They have one there or on the way that isn't sold yet, so maybe they'll play with that one and leave mine alone.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 02:32 PM   #18
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I don't think I have another option, unfortunately. The 19th is the soonest I'd be able to get it. It's possible it will take that long to get here, anyway, but my CA did say 7 days from the day it arrives, which would be the 17th.

The only other hope is somehow getting out of the trip itself, but that's looking unlikely.

They have one there or on the way that isn't sold yet, so maybe they'll play with that one and leave mine alone.
Ok, in that case, you could have a serious talk with your CA. Just let them know that you would appreciate them not messing with your car.

It's best to explicitly set forth this expectation with them because they find it easy to NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT CUSTOMERS. That comes naturally to them.

That's what I'm going to do, too - I'm going to make it clear that I expect no more than 10 miles on my car, and that I would appreciate them not even starting up my car unless absolutely necessary (to move it or for a pre-delivery test drive).

Also make it explicit to them that you don't want them using your car for other people's test drives (this should not be necessary, but we don't live in the ideal world).
      03-05-2015, 02:38 PM   #19
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Sorry for stating the obvious (you obviously must have considered this), but can your husband bring it home ?
      03-06-2015, 12:58 PM   #20
AFineMan
Private
Rep

All

The ship is now in a different part of the harbor and its schedule is bring pushed back another day. Original schedule put it in NY on the 4th now it won't be there until the 9th. I wonder if the ship is having problems
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #21
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The current dock appears to be the standard car area with large lots of cars behind it. The first dock she appears to be a container area, so an odd place for a car carrier to be. There is another car carrier leaving Halifax, and the car complex only seems to have one unloading area - maybe the other ship was behind schedule (the Apollon Leader did seem to sit offshore for a day). Since the other ship came from Emden, Germany, we can assume that Audis and/or Volkswagens are slowing you up, so nothing new.
Regardless, the BMWs are probably just now coming off.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #22
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
All

The ship is now in a different part of the harbor and its schedule is bring pushed back another day. Original schedule put it in NY on the 4th now it won't be there until the 9th. I wonder if the ship is having problems
The Toscana was originally set to leave Bremerhaven 2/21, but left ahead of schedule on 2/17. Estimated arrival as-per my vehicle inquiry sheet was 3/7 (assuming it left on 2/21), so the fact that it left 4 days early and is only showing up 1 day late isn't a big deal for me. I doubt much would've gotten done on Sunday anyways..
Appreciate 0