THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning M235i with Armytrix exhaust

07-10-2014, 04:03 AM   #23
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
All in all, dealers are not that bad these days, especially when it comes to exhaust.
Have you ever had a warranty claim ?

If so, you will no doubt know the dealers role in warranty claim process.

Dealers gather info and facts about a failure so that BMW's warranty underwriter can determine if a claim is valid or not. These underwriters will look for any reason not pay out if there's claim linked to non-oem components fitted to a car.

Failure of a turbo, as you refer to, is a high $$$ failure and no doubt dealer will be asked to dig deeper into the cars data to search for a cause if there's evidence of a non-oem after market parts installed, such as an exhaust. Could signal other mods, especially when BMW have their own brand [M-Performance] product line including an upgraded exhaust back box.

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 06:53 AM   #24
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Dew
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
All in all, dealers are not that bad these days, especially when it comes to exhaust.

Dealers gather info and facts about a failure so that BMW's warranty underwriter can determine if a claim is valid or not. These underwriters will look for any reason not pay out if there's claim linked to non-oem components fitted to a car.

Failure of a turbo, as you refer to, is a high $$$ failure and no doubt dealer will be asked to dig deeper into the cars data to search for a cause if there's evidence of a non-oem after market parts installed, such as an exhaust. Could signal other mods, especially when BMW have their own brand [M-Performance] product line including an upgraded exhaust back box.
Yeah it's just not worth it for me. Cool exhaust but risk too high for my liking.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #25
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Dew View Post

I've had plenty of warranty claims on my M3's over the years. Latest was a broken diff mounting bolt on an e92 m3. I had full suspension, Vorshlag camber kit, and my track wheels and tires on at the time, and they replaced all four and sent me on my way. Why? It was a known failure item on 6MT E92 M3s.

I haven't had a warranty claim on any x35i cars, but I've been around turbo cars (and these forums) for a while and literally have never once heard of a turbocharger failing because of a full exhaust. Why? because 10 times out of 10, it isn't the exhaust. It's the turbos that have some sort of element or flaw in their design which inherently made them fail. If you want to disagree further, please provide evidence of someone having to pay for a new turbo or hpfp or anything like that because they had catless dps and exhaust. Thanks.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 05:26 AM   #26
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

I think you are missing my point. An aftermarket exhaust is indicator that other, less obvious modications exist. If more data is gathered about and from the car, further mods may be revealed as will whether or not these could be attributed to a failure. That's my point.

You mention HPFP, a known issue on N54 engine cars. As you read forums then you will know there's lots of posts on many sites where guys have either been eligible or not for HPFP replacement FoC due to their cars being modified either directly or directly.

Lets move on. Have a good weekend !

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 02:26 AM   #27
Kasteel
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M MY07

Sorry for bringing up a really old thread, but my question wasn't worth making a new topic:

- Is it correct that the right tip is used when it's open and left when is open?
- is the valve controlled in de middle of the right part of the centre pipe (or more up front)? Why?
- has the dual pipe function?

(I still not quite understand the valve system, why its in only the right etc, but I hope with the answers on questions help me understand the system; and perhaps buy :P)
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 01:00 PM   #28
mdputnam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i & M235i Convertibles

Here you go:

It has been speculated that the valve basically shuts off the more direct path and forces all the exhaust stream to be exposed to the Helmholtz chamber (#2) which is tuned to decrease the drone frequency.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 02:33 AM   #29
Kasteel
Enlisted Member
Rep

Tanks, cool image, this is de stock exhaust right?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 01:40 PM   #30
mdputnam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i & M235i Convertibles

Stock Exhaust. Here are two more links if you want to learn more on mufflers in general and more specifically Hermholtz chambers in mufflers specifically:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/muffler.htm

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Engine...ltz_resonators
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 05:47 AM   #31
Kasteel
Enlisted Member
Rep

I attached a file to make things more clear

I think the Armytrix works a bit like the image I showed (green is flowing); but how come the closed version is that much more quite. Is it because the left part of the last damper is really functioning (not loosing power?)?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 07:43 PM   #32
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Renting Corolla lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
From Armytrix (not sure if their down pipe is required to match to the front pipe or not):

We will have it in stock on the 7/25, we’re now taking pre-orders,
High-flow decatted down pipe is USD $590.
Front pipe + Mid pipe + Valvetronic muffler + Wireless remote control kits + Dual Chrome silver tips is USD $2,780,
Hi do you ship to Toronto Canada, if so what would the total be for, cat-back stainless steel valvetronic exhaust system for M235i 2014.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 07:10 PM   #33
beachbimmerLA
Rep
Drives: f23 m235i

Convertible fit

Anybody have a thought to if the coupe exhaust would fit on the convertible. Arytrix thinks it won't but it seems illogical for BMW to change something so integral. Also on BMW's website the m performance exhaust seems to have the same sky for both the coupe and convertible.
Appreciate 0